It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia accuses US of meddling in vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Russia accuses US of meddling in vote

wires.univision.com

Russia on Thursday accused the United States of trying to influence its election process by funding opposition groups in advance of Vladimir Putin's expected return to the Kremlin in the weekend poll.

"The days when Russia could be lectured or preached to are over," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in an interview published in the online edition of the Rossiyskaya Gazeta government daily.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Looks like Russia is calling the US out. What I find telling is the statement "The days when Russia could be lectured or preached to are over"

Russia is 100% NOT a US ally in any way shape or form. They go against the US in any vote they can. They side with anything and anyone that is NOT US.

I always thought it to be a slim chance, but I could see a cold war coming to light here soon. That is if we aren't already seeing it now.. What do you think of this?

wires.univision.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey the US has gotten so good in vote fraud it will soon be our number one export. Of course Russia would know a thing or two about vote fraud.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"I don’t believe the Cold War is back. It has never ended."
Andrey Lugovoy
Former KGB
edit on 3-1-12 by reaxi0n because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Andrey Lugovoy
Former KGB
edit on 3-1-12 by reaxi0n because: typo

Sad But True We Live in a False Peace, if anyone hasn't notice all these new video games that are coming out like the new ghost recon game the enemy is no other Who else? the Russians

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Meddling in any country's vote is an act of war. Russia should let it be known to the US. Topol-Ms are on standy by for immediate order to launch and KILL.
edit on 1-3-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Its the same claims the Iranian government used in 2009 elections.

Putins popularity has walked off a cliff and is in free fall..

He needs someone to blame to change the channel.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Andrey Lugovoy
Former KGB

Quite true. More precisely it became a Silent Cold War. The governments just don't tell us everything going on.

As for America involved in voting tampering in Russia no surprise. America has been manipulating elections all over the globe. America does it to make foreign governments more pliable to American interests. Good example: Iraq's "free elections" were anything but.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

True...true.
A lot of video games seem to have Russia involved

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actually, it seems most people want Putin back in power, so he can end his set of reforms who have actually helped Russia becoming a healthier country.

People are demanding change, better life conditions and better opportunities. But they also state that Putin is the best choice to accomplish that, he was the one that started it after all, so he should be given a last chance to improve on his policy. This is not my statement, this is what people are actually saying regarding the election. They are demanding for a better life, and at the same time, they are giving a clear message to Putin. Something like "this is your last chance, make it count".

Russia did improve over recent years, and a lot of that is Putin's responsibility.

Not because he is perfect, but because he is still the stronger leader of the bunch. And russians still rather have Putin in power, than to accept any sort of westernized puppet.
edit on 1/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The U.S. democracy is based on capitalism, I am not sure why the U.S. thinks every country can be ran this way. What the hell, could Russia export in mass...matryoshka nesting dolls? When the USSR collapsed and became the United Team, they couldn't just switch over to a democracy over night, they didn't and still don't have the infrastructure required; it was still going strong with the industrial revolution and heavy industry. China on the other hand could make the transition rather easy; since they are trade capitalists, their government would be the one having a hard transition, in my opinion.

But back on topic as soon as Russia declared Democracy, it was like the U.S. said alright job well done no more cold war, then turned the cold shoulder. It's not like we put a lot of effort to help Russia make the transition to get their Democracy rolling full steam, so I could see why the people of Russia and it's leaders feel a bit of dystopia with the idea of a U.S. style Democracy, It's took a couple of centuries...but citizens of the U.S. are feeling it pretty strongly too lately. Well, at least the one's not considered a minority, because minorities have felt a sense of dystopia much longer.

People that never felt a dissonance are starting to take a closer look at the house with the 2.5 kids and a white picket fence, ideal; and see that the roof is leaking if they have one, their kids can't be taught obedience without fear of imprisonment, and the white picket fence is peeling and becoming more of a cage than a retreat, and not to make good neighbors as Frost put it.

p.s. ATS dystopia is not in your spelling dictionary which I find rather odd....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Funny how some people assume that this a Fact

It is election time and yes the politicians will use any and all dirty tricks to secure a win. This is a universal practice for the politicians involved kneck deep in Geopolitics . The link does not discuss any concrete proof indicating how US is involved in Russian elections.

I would take this news with a grain of salt and a shot of Vodka

edit on 1-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Vladamir is a loose cannon. Russians need another president who has some respect and isnt a wanna be Russian commando ninja killer 007 guy. Pooty is a wannabe from his youth , his midlife crisis is gonna get people killed.
edit on 1-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Its the same claims the Iranian government used in 2009 elections.

Putins popularity has walked off a cliff and is in free fall..

He needs someone to blame to change the channel.

You know absolutely nothing about Putin or even modern Russia if you believe that he is no longer popular.

Try researching Gazprom. Research Putin's own papers that he wrote while obtaining his doctorate in natural resources. The guy is a pure nationalist. But Americans are afraid of nationalists outside of the US, because nationalism is the only real barrier between superpower economic imperialism and foreign resources; nationalism is also the key to strength of any nation with resources.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Russia doesn't necessarily have any room to talk. But yeah we have only ever been allies by necessity and even then we were enemies really. Look what happened when Russia tried to have a modern free market economy... Its similar to Greece now economically... International loans keep it briefly functional while a few people take all the wealth and then disappear. A few of those people were not Russian, Al Gore was involved if I remember correctly.

This isn't the first time Russia has verbally attacked the U.S. anyone remember the flood of heroin into Russia a few years back they claimed was shipped by us from Afghanistan to destabilize them? Of course you can never really know whose telling the truth when two liars argue.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
This isn't the first time Russia has verbally attacked the U.S. anyone remember the flood of heroin into Russia a few years back they claimed was shipped by us from Afghanistan to destabilize them? Of course you can never really know whose telling the truth when two liars argue.

Yeah. The Russian government called for Americans to actually do something about the heroin trade, as in burn the poppy crops in Afghanistan. The Americans declined.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Dude, do you sit behind a computer, opposite of just about every ATS member, waiting for a reason to drown us all in your animal farm hijinks? Take a vacation comrade...

I'm afraid that other nations will band together and do what the people of this nation should have the balls to do, and that is put this country back on course. I'm tired of the damn thought police. Laws that say black is white, evil is good, and slavery is freedom. Not that Putin is a prince but can we please be rid of these worthless assholes that want everybody to believe in their crap.... Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Funny how everyone seems to take the side of politicians from other countries as if their word is gold, and all anti-American comments are true. What a load of bull. Russian and other counties politics are dirty, if not worse than ours. What is with all this trash America commentary and hoping for the destruction of our own people? Most of us are honest and don't want to be destroyed or our loved ones destroyed over seas. Get a grip on your doomsday and American downfall wishing. This isn't a video game. Its human life.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Funny how everyone seems to take the side of politicians from other countries as if their word is gold, and all anti-American comments are true. What a load of bull.

And you think this is why this is so? You never considered that maybe this what people actually believe? Ever consider that barely anyone outside of the US shares a US nationalist perspective?

Russian and other counties politics are dirty, if not worse than ours.

Dirty to you. I've seen a lot of critical comments about Russian politics, specifically by Americans. What they fail to understand is that this is Russian culture, it is their way of life- it isn't some "bad apples" that should be plucked, as Yankee Sam likes to say.

And please explain how Putin is a dirty politician? After 1991, Soviet state assets were sold off at wholesale prices to private ownership. This was the reality of American-style liberalization of Russia. Putin targeted the oligarchs who accumulated Russian state assets and re-acquired these assets. The Russian economy recovered and is now running a surplus, has no debt, has pulled tens of millions of Russians out of poverty, and has even brought Russia to the point where it can conduct geopolitics again.

So please explain what the problem is with Putin, aside from how he is against allowing American corporations from buying and extracting Russian strategic resources.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I am saying its hypocrisy to say all MSM in the US are lying but anything from MSM out of other countries is truth. Other countries have state owned medias that push agendas. So just because its non US news DOES NOT automatically make it truth.

As for Putin, doesn't his rigged elections and non willingness to hand over the reigns of rule in a fair election make him just another dirty politician?

www.usatoday.com...

www.google.com... nsiders_account_of_vote_rigging_for_putin%2F&ei=gF1QT64uzIuwAvDg9acO&usg=AFQjCNFn6SgidXaYXAZ1wkcLrn8H_Q84gw

observers.france24.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

In today's world view of the US, its easy to blame us for another world leaders dirty tricks.
edit on 1-3-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join