It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Havin' a good ole' time at the Redneck Yacht Club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This story is almost too Redneck to believe; Some folks went to go "mudding" (whatever that is) at a Redneck Yacht Club and got their car run over by a van with monster truck tires.

CCSO ARRESTS MAN FOR RUNNING OVER AND SMASHING SMALL CAR AT REDNECK YACHT CLUB

A Charlotte County Sheriff's deputy arrested a Fort Myers man at the Redneck Yacht Club early Saturday morning for driving over a small car several times.

CCSO received a call at a 5:05 a.m. to 44570 Bermont Road in Eastern Charlotte County. A 16 year old juvenile girl, who was there with her 37 year old step-father, told the deputy she left her 1994 Toyota Corolla in a field near the concert stage and went “mudding” with friends. She said while at the mud pit, someone said a vehicle got run over. She went back and realized it was her car that was crushed and contacted security.

The deputy met with a Suncoast Security guard who said around 3 a.m. he saw several individuals run towards a vehicle parked in the field. He said a large crowd gathred and spectators were urging two large trucks to run over the car. The crowd also shouted “the owner doesn’t care, you can do it.” The trucks attempted to run over the hood but couldn’t and then left. Security then said a large white camouflaged van with five-foot wheels showed up and the crowd again said it was okay to drive over the car. The van put the front tire on the front of the car, smashing the hood, backed off, went to the other side and put his other tire on the hood, smashing it and went to the center, driving over the entire car. The van driver drove over the car several times.

Another witness told the deputy he saw the entire event. He also said the driver of the van was about 40 with “spiky” hair and wore a white tee shirt. He led the deputy to a campsite and identified the driver.

Sherrif's office Facebook page

Seriously, they had to have someone help them to identify the van driver? How many vans with monster truck tires do they have at a place like that?

Then again, maybe I don't want to know.

edit on 3/1/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So...people are just gonna say, "Hey, she said you could!" just for a laugh?

What's with these rednecks? That car will probably cost more for repairs than he makes in 6 months!

Time to sell the wheels, Larry...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is awesome.

I could use a van with tires that size while sitting in traffic on I-5.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ha! this is too funny!!!
mudding is just what implies. getting drunk,and driving your rediculously big tired vehicle thru some mud!
my neigbour does this 'sport'
don't get it myself,personally,its in the same catagory as burn out competitions!
nuthin like killing the environment to amuse a few drunk good ole' boys eh!
maybe they should stick with dwarf tossing!

good post though! i always get amused at the length some people will go to master idiacy!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Re environmental issues:

Not sure of which location they were off roading in the OP's story, so I cannot comment there, but I would like to point out a couple of misconceptions about environmental damage caused by off roading.

In SoCal, we have designated areas set up for off roading. They are on public land, that is monitored and controlled by the Bureau of Land Management. Riding / driving outside of these areas for recreation are strictly forbidden, and punished by heavy fines, as it should be.

Environmentalists like to demonize off roaders stating that we ruin the environment. The area that we "ruin" is designated for this sort of activity, and is a very very small portion of land which is otherwise set apart for conservation of the environment.

I have personally seen two track trails that I was running one year be completely swallowed up by the desert, complete with new vegetation and animals, the next year.

I don't want to rant, just to point out that the activity of off roading is not only enjoyed by beer swilling rednecks running over everything they see.

/soapbox

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

i wasn't really talking about off roading per say,it was more about the 400 plus horsepower engines billowing out streams of toxic smoke while they sit in the mud for 15 min.trying to get thru it!
or the burn out compatitions where they are reving there engines on red line,and melting rubber and fumes into the atmosphere.don't get me wrong,i had my share of dirt biking,and off roading, but imo,this stuff is not a sport!
try riding your bike at 50 mph thru a wooded trail and try not to crash!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Understood. I did not mean at all to single you out. You brought up a point that I wanted to expand upon, so I replied to your post.

I think all of us can agree that the internal combustion motor is a horribly inefficient and dirty way to provide locomotion to our vehicles.

I run a 4 cylinder Toyota truck, and would be happy to trade the motor out for a cleaner technology if it existed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I guess that's what you get when you drive a 1994 Toyota Corolla to a Redneck function.

Maybe next time, they'll know to leave a "PLEASE DON'T CRUSH MY CAR" sign on their vehicle before they leave.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Kind of a prickish move running over a non donor vehicle.

I'll blame the alcohol.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

From the article, it sounds like security was there the whole time and saw it all happen. You would think they, or somebody, would have taken the time to verify that the car was, indeed a donor vehicle before allowing someone to crush it.

Makes me wonder what the passengers went "mudding" in. Do they have loaner vehicles for people who show up in lame cars?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Maybe they just DGAF

??????????????????

new topics

top topics

join