It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Avengers - Newest Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't know how many of you have seen this yet, but I think it deserves its own thread. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and The Incredible Hulk were all movies I had looked forward to...and for the most part, enjoyed immensely.

But there's a difference between having a series of movies featuring one superhero each, and consolidating them all into one team of superheroes facing off in a Transformers 3-style battle (as the trailer clearly shows).

There's no words in any language to express the phenomenal action we're likely to see in the Avengers. Suffice it to say that I'm about 2 inches shy of peeing my pants with excitement...I'm hoping the movie is as heart-stoppingly, awe-inspiringly, jaw-droppingly impressive as the trailer.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

edit on CThursdayam030322f22America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

This was by far the BEST trailer yet. Love the Hulk save at the end, and Tony's present

Two Words.....

JOSS WHEDON!

I think it's going to be absolutely amazing... wait, everything Whedon does is amazing!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I enjoyed all the new ones from King Kong, The Hulk's, Captain America, Iron Man I and II, Thor. This is gonna be one ass-kicking piece of movie. Can't wait! It's been posted already but who cares? It looks like a great movie. Samuel L Jackson too.
Bring it on!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I enjoyed all the new ones from King Kong, The Hulk's, Captain America, Iron Man I and II, Thor. This is gonna be one ass-kicking piece of movie. Can't wait! It's been posted already but who cares? It looks like a great movie. Samuel L Jackson too.
Bring it on!

...King Kong?

I think you got your genres confused!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Genre maybe, but not largely CGI based "classic" movies. I watch them all. King Kong (Jackson's) was amazing. It brought a tear to my eye!
ETA For someone with the name Starchild, you don't give them out much do you?

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

ETA For someone with the name Starchild, you don't give them out much do you?

Pardon?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!

Of course, in Avengers II Dr. Doom is going to kick their butts.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!

Now why in the world would they put all of that effort into making it look as though nothing short of Heaven and Hell can stop this team, then bring a single figure into the game and drop them dead in their tracks?

Counter productive. No one wants their favorite superheroes to lose...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thumbs up if you have already listenned to
Iron Man 1 & 2 , Hulk 1 & 2, Captain America and Thor between more then 5-10 times

Cant wait till the Avenger movie come out
it will be spectacular

Loved all the Avenger movies .. best franchise ever
edit on 3/3/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

They'll need a hurdle to overcome.
Even Superman got killed.
It will keep things interesting, because if they're the most unstoppable team it could become boring.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They'll overcome Loki no doubt but I have a feeling there's another villain we don't know about yet that will make an appearance.

After all, I did read months ago that The Avengers is lined up to be the end of the current story arc and that Iron Man 3 will kickstart a new arc that leads into The Avengers 2.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
They'll overcome Loki no doubt but I have a feeling there's another villain we don't know about yet that will make an appearance.

After all, I did read months ago that The Avengers is lined up to be the end of the current story arc and that Iron Man 3 will kickstart a new arc that leads into The Avengers 2.

Ah, yes. The Mandarin. Maybe we should start researching that one...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!

Now why in the world would they put all of that effort into making it look as though nothing short of Heaven and Hell can stop this team, then bring a single figure into the game and drop them dead in their tracks?

Counter productive. No one wants their favorite superheroes to lose...

Doctor Doom IS my favorite superhero. He would vaporize anyone who says he's not a hero.

In any case, if Avengers II follows these guidelines:

www.cracked.com...

Then the bad guys in Avengers II will be the Masters of Evil.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I doubt they'd be so predictable. After all, if they're going to make this movie as awesome as they can, the worst thing they can do with the sequel is make it predictable.

If this one turns out the way I think it will, the sequel will be to the film industry what the elixir for immortality would be to the medical field. A visual, mind-numbing orgasm to the 100th power...hopefully.

We can only hope.
edit on CTuesdaypm282816f16America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Predictable is what Hollywood does best. But like you said, we can hope.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This might just be one of the greatest films of the year.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I hope the film lives up to the hype. It looks pretty epic, like a non-stop action fest...just wish Scarlet had the longer hair, but I'll live...

Amazing trailer so far.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by enlaavionsobreelmar
This might just be one of the greatest films of the year.

Year? Try decade.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Gonna be good nontheless, I wanted Ed Norton as Hulk though...that would've made this movie the ultimate badass. I guess it's gonna be good enuff though

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
well that just pretty much blew my mind.

I was reading a book last week about the creation of Comic book heroes and there relations to how to Ancients regarded Gods in relatively the same manner.

Superheroes are our Modern God's

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join