It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden camera footage of police officers hindering citizens who try to file complaints

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hidden camera footage of police officers hindering citizens who try to file complaints
By Cory Doctorow at 9:00 pm Wednesday, Feb 29
boingboing.net...

This video is a montage of hidden camera footage of police officers across America -- in unspecified jurisdictions -- intimidating or otherwise hindering someone who has asked for a complaint form. They ask for ID, they demand details, they make veiled threats, they make explicit threats. This is exactly what happened to me the two times I tried to file a complaint for police misconduct (once in Toronto, once in San Francisco).
boingboing.net...

All I can say is good luck. When you're outnumbered what can you do, really? The deck is stacked, the game rigged. But of course we already knew this.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Search engine buddy...
Existing thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
Search engine buddy...
Existing thread.

Well then, post the thread!

In any case, of course the officers will stick together. They are a brotherhood against "crime", and they have to have each others backs.

It's a dog eat dog world...when they have the guns and the training, why in the world would they turn on each other? Best to beat down on the civilians and divide the spoils.
edit on CThursdayam393904f04America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wanted to file a complaint a few years ago, I was so upset over the treatment I received from an officer, that I was beside myself. Without getting into details, I did nothing wrong, but I was verbally abused for a half hour, more than anyone in my life has ever abused me.

I wrote a long detailed letter, that I was prepared to take to the Sheriff's station, but then decided not to. I looked at the statistics of law enforcement that ever are reprimanded from complaints and it was only about 3% of the complaints filed.

I figured I would be targeted with stops and tickets since the sheriff worked in my area, and didn't want to put myself and my family through that.

Sad, sad, state of affairs in this area.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am just kind of in shock...unbelievable!

Public servants...not even close..."you can't complain..."!

S & F 'ed...wake up America...your under attack from the inside!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Half of those were incredibly stupid. "I'd like to file a complaint, I wont tell you what happened, where it happened, or my name"...................

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This video is absolutely appalling. Every police officer should be made to watch it. If they see nothing wrong with it, they have no business "serving the public".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Part 1

Follow Up

Another Ireport. Different location and news source.

Here's a two part one also. audio sync is off a bit.

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Half of those were incredibly stupid. "I'd like to file a complaint, I wont tell you what happened, where it happened, or my name"...................

It is not the business of the desk officer, or any other officer for that matter, to question a member of the public who wants to file a complaint. They are not there to vet complaints against the police and to try to do so is another form of intimidation. Also, the person attempting to file the complaint is under no obligation to identify themselves or tell the desk officer what the complaint entails. It is NONE of their business.

What I saw in the video was disgusting behaviour and downright bullying and intimidation by many of the officers shown, and they should all, after being identified, lose their jobs. That may sound harsh but they are clearly NOT serving the public and using bullying tactics to try to deter people from making a complaint.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I found some good information here:Source

Step by Step instructions for filing a compliant against a police offficer. See link for more.

Getting Started

Your first goal is to actually get your hands on a police complaint form. In some jurisdictions, this can be a challenge (see external link at the bottom of this page). Essentially, what you need to do is visit the police station or agency where the officer works (although if it's a large organization, you might consider visiting a different branch or office) to pick up a complaint form which you will fill out, and mail in. If you expect a lack of professionalism or outright abuse on the part of the agency (or if you aren't sure what to expect) then you should strongly consider bringing someone with you to the police station as a witness. If you're really concerned, consider having that person keep a small tape recorder in their possession. Having a witness with you makes it far less likely you will be harassed or arrested. Having the tape recorder will help later if the officer at the front desk is abusive and/or refuses to give you a complaint form. Be sure to grab some duplicate forms while you're at the police station, and stick them in a file cabinet at home -- no sense having to come all the way back to the station and fight for another form if you lose the first form, or if the behavior you're complaining about recurs!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

This is why I refuse to try. If it ever comes down to it, there WILL be a drive-by at the local police department. Screw trying to play their game. I'll make my own rules.

I can't believe cops are too stupid to realize this is exactly what will happen eventually.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Most cops are just being jerks about it, but there are the cops that know they must weed out the unfounded complaints from the paperwork they should distribute and process. "The officer can sue you" was the best one, So many people on power trips end up being cops.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
over here, they are over here, double thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
caught this yesterday and was pissed off when i watched this! I live in Canada and we definitely have some serious problems with cops but man, the USA has cornered the market on crazy ass bat # insane PIGS!! wow, third world country style here, I don't talk to cops EVER. If I even see them I cross the street. Biggest gang of psychos out there....

The Weatherman (Weather Underground) anyone? When does that # start again? We need to resurrect Fred Hampton to take these pigs out....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This saddens me horribly. I wish this video/s would go viral. I was a police officer and I know for a fact that what these guys are doing is total crap! I would contact the attorney general in cases like this and have them all fired. Even file suit.
edit on 1-3-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Dont worry guys. It's just "few bad apples".
Don't paint the whole force because of them...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

For the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave

Now knell down, keep quiet and don't complain.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Things like this make me angry. I have always held the thought that along with the 3 R's, Law should be a mandatory class in secondary school. If we truly knew our rights (and theirs) then they would have less of a hold over the average citizen. But as I have in my sig, Abraham Lincoln said it best: Nearly all men can stand adversity but if you want to test a mans character give him power.

The police in this video were tested and failed...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

reply to post by earthdude

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
Search engine buddy...
Existing thread.

Originally posted by earthdude
over here, they are over here, double thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join