It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone drinking alot more water recently?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I cannot stand when I hang out with a person for a long period of time, and do not see them drink any water. Or even worse, when they crack open a soda. I'm like really? And they wonder why they feel so tired.

It is so strange how some people are against water. We need it to live!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The weather patterns last year left my swampy area in drought for most the summer. We drank a lot then. This summer, we're kind of monsooning a bit, so I know that some areas got less rainfall than usual. SO, if the weather pattern is different this year, yes your drinking is changing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
reply to post by Aleister

Yes! When I was a figure skater, I'd chug water on the ice all the time. So does everyone else.
I quit a few years ago, and slated for the first time in a year last week. As soon as I started getting tired, I was just like. WATER! But I didn't bring any. xD.
And I realized, whenever athletes get tired, they go for water.

Maybe, like in my post above, it's another way of getting more oxygen when the lactic aid is starting to kick in?

Likely your muscles needed water. What happens when we are dehydrated (and most people don't even notice it because they're so used to it) is that the body removes water from the muscles and moves it to more vital systems - heart, brain, etc. - and then muscle cramps result. I used to get those night cramps at least once or twice a week, where you wake up and your lower leg is cramping up. Since I started hydrating, I never had another one of those. Athletes probably get more of an education about hydration than non-athletes, so it's an added benefit of their lifestyle. And what do you mean "when" I was a figure skater - once a figure skater always a figure skater!

<< 1  2   >>

join