It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Suggestion: "Cops Gone Wild"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
With all the threads and posts illuminating the widespread criminal conduct of LEO's... shouldn't we have a forum dedicated to the same? For instance:

Hidden camera footage of police officers hindering citizens who try to file complaints
By Cory Doctorow at 9:00 pm Wednesday, Feb 29
boingboing.net...

i would call the forum: Cops Gone Wild
edit on 3/1/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nah. Just chuck it into the political madness forum.

Corrupt cops don't deserve to be treated special...they can hang with the political liars.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
And would it be nice to counter it with a forum showing the day to day activities of these underpaid men and women in uniform who actually do a good job and care about the people they serve and protect?

Naw, you only want to show the bad to inflame anger against people who put their lives into jeopard day after day. And no one here actually believes in such a thing as a good cop.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
And would it be nice to counter it with a forum showing the day to day activities of these underpaid men and women in uniform who actually do a good job and care about the people they serve and protect?

Naw, you only want to show the bad to inflame anger against people who put their lives into jeopard day after day. And no one here actually believes in such a thing as a good cop.

Good cops should be standing with the people against the scum that would step all over the constitution and their oath to it. Instead all I see is cops "sticking up for their own" because for all the crap that's pulled, nothing is ever done about it.

I support this forum because it's every week and there's a new thing that's even more jaw dropping than the last.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

I couldn't agree with you more. The fact is today you are either a good person or not.

The problem is it takes a particular type of person to become a cop, it takes an even worse person to stay one, and the good guys usually are just sucked into the BS and become your run of the mill officer.

The fact is cops are just people who volunteer to place themselves in societies dangerous situations for us, its what we pay them for. People don't hate cops, they hate power trippers in which most cops are or become.

If you have half a mind and heart you would clearly see you are a puppet for tyranny, and simply wouldn't be a cop.

In my book, the only true heroes are fire fighters and paramedics. I mean they do save lives and all. How many cops SAVE LIVES, and I don't mean PREVENT DEATHS either, not saying they don't but unfortunately cops more or less are just revenue generators. Sorry.

Dont be a cop, be a good person and put your life on the line to save another, period. You dont need a badge and a gun to do that, do you?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
.....who actually do a good job and care about the people they serve and protect?

This man cares. Here he tells us he has informed his senior colleagues that failure to acknowledge the overwhelming evidence clearly exposing False Flag Terrorism will result in a complete loss of the publics support.

You can't support crime in exchange for fiat currency and pretend to be protecting the public. It doesn't work. Not only doesn't it work it will inevitably lead to a situation in which they will have to barricade themselves inside their offices and pray.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I HAVE to agree with 1984 & skyonot here, the whole premise of "only a few bad apples" rhetoric is complete nonsense. If there were as many good cops out there as those that give this weak defense, then how come we don't see cops continually being fired or severely disciplined on a fairly regular basis? But you don't see that because everyone remembers what happened to Serpico. And that was a generation ago.

The cops are becoming more militarized. In 2009 at the G20 summit they actually used an LRad (Long Range Acoustical Device) which was used in Iraq on terrorists, on the American people on "Liberty Avenue" in Pittsburgh Pa, 40 miles from my house. (Isn't that poetic?)

As for inflaming the public, if the cops don't do anything to "inflame" them in the first place they'll be nothing to report then will there? No one is twisting their arm to behave the way they do.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There should still be a "Cops Gone Wild" forum. I thought more people would be on board with this...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I thought more people would have gotten on board with this. For instance:

Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by nighthawk1954
started on 9/22/2012 @ 07:08 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
This is just insane!!!!
HOUSTON (AP) — A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.
God what is going on in this country!

news.yahoo.com...

www.startribune.com...

What? Is the ATS management afraid of seeming anti law-enforcement. It's not an "anti law-enforcement" issue. It's an anti "Cops Gone Wild" issue.

Let's do this thing already.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yes, I realize that it would be very time consuming to strictly monitor a forum such as the one I've proposed: We don't want to give the impression that we're anti-law enforcement. And to avoid giving that impression would require quite a bit of moderation to weed out the rants and so forth and so on. Perhaps more "time consuming moderation" than is justifiable, when members already are posting their aniti-"Cops Gone Wild" threads to other various forums anyway.

It's a conundrum.

ETA:
Perhaps a less biased forum title. Something other than "Cops Gone Wild". Maybe: "Law Enforcement Issues" or something along those lines.

edit on 9/29/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: grammar, clarity, an Edit To Add and typos

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO there's enough LEO bashing to go around without having to create an entire forum surrounding it.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I do think the problems we see in American law enforcement at the moment should have their own forum and feel that the severity of what we are seeing definitely deserves it's own forum instead of being part of the "social issues and civil unrest" forum where they mainly end up or are moved to.

I would call this forum "The Police State". In addition to the LEO's behaving badly, shooting dogs, and other individual acts the forum with that title would also be a natural home for discussions about the loss of liberty we've seen in the US over the past decade.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think there is enough LEO on civilian bashing, to justify its own forum on this website.

I have personally been affected by it and so have many more. I have not however experianced a UFO of secret society. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Posse Comitatus Forum? Close enough for government work. Good going SkepticOverlord.

new topics

top topics

join