It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hey.. not really new, just getting around to an intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hey ATS. I've been kicking around here for a while I have a bit of free time today so I figured I would finally get around to writing one of these.
My name is Adam, I currently live in eastern Canada. I've worn many hats in my short 30 years on this chunk of space rock. Currently I am a "stay at home dad" is the nice way to put it (Im not on any govt. assistance programs). I don't really have a lot to offer as "an expert" in any areas except my life experience (professional cook for 6 years, before that raised to be a carpenter, and of course a father of 3 ranging from 1-9).
I really enjoy being informed on the weird and wonderful things that happen in the more eventful parts of the world, living in the butt-hole of Canada sure can be lame. I look forward to reading more and watching as everything slowly slips farther into (or climbs back out of)the crapper.
Have a great day ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi there! WelcOme to ATS.
Where in Canada are you? I'm in montreal east side!!

Peace and much Love

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Always nice to meet a full time Dad! Congratulations on the most important job you will ever have
Welcome, nice of you to introduce yourself

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
eh! welcome fellow canuck!
my family is also from the eastcoast(nova scotia) but i live in ontario. trust me yer not in the butt crack of the country!!!
a stay at home dad is perfectly fine! more men should try it.
sounds like you have yer hands full with the wee ones,keeps you sharp no?

my oldest is 13 now,but i did what you did for a few years. a lot of work!
now i'm just unemployed!

i have worn many hats myself,but i'm a tattoo artist by trade. not too much money for tattoos in ontario lately!
my interests are religious history(all religion),ancient civilizations,magick,and the like.
look foward to hearing your input on your interests!
peace

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by awh666

Hi and welcome to ATS. Is it a nice place where you live?

Stay at home Dad sounds cool enough. At least you see your kids.
As for being an expert, all you need here is a keen mind and independent thought. You will be over-informed here so that's good too. You will know things as they happen rather than 2 days later with all the MSM spin.

Enjoy it here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Doh...Canada Not NY state
Please ignore

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi there.. glad you decided to sign up. We've got a small presentation tour to help you get better oriented to this fantastic discussion forum called ATS...!

Welcome awh666

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

You are able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now (after the 20 reply-post minimum, you'll have full access to any member).

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

An Easy Way to Upload Your Avatar Graphics

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Please check out these links posted above. The information is invaluable for new and old members alike.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

***** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

***** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

***** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

***** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

***** Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

edit on 3/2/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Im living in New brunswick, right on the border with the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I really do enjoy being a father, and yes it sure does keep me sharp... I too enjoy sticking many needles into people. I just started tattooing about 2 years ago, havn't started doing it for money yet, but its an idea I have been tossing around (along with many others, baking, catering, etc.). My fiance works full time at a good paying job, but extra income is always helpful with 3 young ones. I am pretty sure once I get my preasure cooker all rigged up to work as a sterilization dealy I'm going to see if people are willing to pay me to "stick 'em fulla holes".
Anyway thanks for the greeting.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by awh666

be carefull of the pressure cooker,they've been known to explode! use only medical grade,stainless steel needles,the carbon ones will rust!

there is a product called wavicide-1. its a cold sterilization method,but it takes 12 hours before yer gear is good to use.
i personally order pre-sterilized needles now,a lot less headaches! and they are very affordable.
i'd like to see some of your work! keep it up

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I only use the preasure cooker for my grip and tips.... i never re-use needles.... I wouldnt trust them even after being sterilized, not to mention dulling/bending. I know how crappy it feels to have someone not notice a small bend in the tip of the needle. Totally shredded my upper back..
I was just going to put a preasure and temp. guage on the lid and change up the relief valve. Kindof copying one i had seen in a shop i used to hang out at.. Are those wave sterilizer things very expensive?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by awh666

brand new,yes. about $1500-2500.! e-bay has them cheaper.
i do not re use needles either.like i said,i get the pre-sterilized ones now,and dispose of them after each piece.
back in the day,i used to make my own needle groups(big pain) and i would clean them in my ultrasonic,then sterilize them with the wavicide for 12 hours.
i know about the dulling and such,cause i watched a guy butcher a client of his,and just gave him scars for his trouble!

pre sterilized is the way to go.
look up studio one tattoo supplies in toronto. prices are good,and they have an on line cataloug. plus they ship by canada post too!
hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by awh666

they also have pre sterilized disposable grips & tips too!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Cool. i will check them out. Thanks man. I had some disposable tips and grips but really am a fan of my steel grip. As soon as my gf gets back from work I will pull the pics off her phone of stuff tats I have done and post them so you can check them out.. The only thibg I could put up at the moment would be a tipical "Mom" tat, one of my first, and I guess not quite tipical I tried to put in the colon cancer ribbon color.. Nothing really worked out on that one after i had a reaction to my red ink..

Is there an "easy way" to post a pic? lol

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by awh666

watch when you post original artwork on line, a lot of theives out there,red is always a bitch to put in(blood & stuff makes it look like its in when it really isn't. i use kuro sumi inks and they work really well for me. even green & yellow!
look me up on face book Son ofgod.
i have some artwork there not too much though

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Not sure if that worked or not. But if it did that is the one i was talking about, my first attempt at tattooing. Not the greatest or most creative..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by awh666

cant download any of my art (i'm an idiot) so i hope you can access my facebook

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Schools out so my son has hijacked my desktop. I dont use FB anymore ill have to look you up on the gf's account.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Just had a chance to check out some of your work man (I assume I had the right profile, mushroom cloud?). Very nice, good detail and color. I'll have to check out that brand of ink too. None of my work is anywhere near that level of detail, altho I have been sticking to fairly simple designs..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by awh666

thanx for the props lad! keep up the work and DRAW on paper like you would tattoing skin.
be confident.don't attempt something you couldn't draw.
hold the machine straight up,don't tilt it or your outline will go thick and thin.
hope these tips work! have fun

top topics

join