It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to use the search engine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am sooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of someone posting this in a thread. "Learn to use the search function", "search is your friend" etc etc. Sure, i do understand that it might be irritating, and cumbersome for some to see the same topic multiple times. But my God! I sometimes search something 2 or 3 times, with different words, before i decide to make the thread.
Then someone comes along, that registered like 3 days ago, and tells you "learn to use the search engine".
I am so sorry that i made a mistake, so sorry that you felt you needed to reply, to the thread with that crappy one liner, instead of just leaving it, and letting it die.
Anyway, that is it.
Hopefully i will not make such a transgression again in the future.

vvv

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I see where you're coming from.

However, sometimes people do it just to have a dig but sometimes it can turn out to be a good thing so you know why no one is replying on your thread.

Everything has a plus and minus side to it. Don't get too over worked about it. Take it as a good thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This rant has been here many times before. Did you use search before posting?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I too have noticed the swift judgment that occurs at the slightest of mishaps here at ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Yeah thanks mate, you do make sense.

Sorry for the rant, this just got to me today. Must be the weather. lol
Phew, i feel a bit better now.

vvv

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
This rant has been here many times before. Did you use search before posting?

You, my friend, are classic!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You know, I can see it when there are 4 Threads on the New Topics about the same thing.
But... If your bringing a story about something that there is a thread on, from 4 years ago, so what? Bringing it to the forefront were someone may have not even heard about it, learning something new is a good thing right?

I've noticed several threads where people do just what you describe.
Remember people, It may be old to you, but new to me. And If I don't even know about it, how can I go searching for an old thread about it?
edit on 1-3-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by faryjay

Yeah thanks mate, you do make sense.

Sorry for the rant, this just got to me today. Must be the weather. lol
Phew, i feel a bit better now.

vvv

Damn, if only my words could bring peace to the World as it has to you, we wouldn't need to make threads on ATS resulting in the above mentioned frustration

link   
sometimes the one--liners are funny!
most of the time they are an attack on the person/or post by some holier than thou person who 'knows' their opinion is the only correct one!
this is becoming a trend on this sight,and i'm probably guilty of doing a few times too!

i think alot of people jump the gun when they post,and do't bother searching to see if it's here already.(most of the time it is! ats members are pretty quick at posting new info!
when i get replies that attack me,i try to ignore them. what else can you do,right?
if your going to argue with a fool,who is the real fool?

peace

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Could not agree with you more!! Star for you!!

You know what? Stars for everyone!!!

vvv

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Awe VVV can I make you some breakfast with bacon to cheer you up

Yea the duplicate thread thing use to drive me INSANE and I'm sure i have a few "search is your friend" threads of my own lol. My inbox is "Thank You For Your Input" all the way down.....alerting duplicate threads

My thing is there are other ways to check for a thread like going to the firehouse section, recent topics or even the forum where you want to put your thread. I check many different places before I post and yea sometimes I miss it but it happens.....there are also some REPEAT offenders though who should know better and IMO are just flag/star seeking tbh! It's quiet obvious with some but I won't name names

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
it was me ............... and im sorry i was only having the crack ...... as for being new ive been around here for many years

and i gave you a star as ive no hard feelings

edit on 1-3-2012 by nofear39 because: xxxx

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nofear39

No no, its all fine mate! I gave you a star too!!
Its just i see this so often, not aimed at anyone in particular.

Normally i won't even rant about something like this, but man, just one of those days.!

vvv

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is a search engine for ATS???

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

hope the rest of the day goes ok pal

edit on 1-3-2012 by nofear39 because: xxx

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
These folks are a double edged sword...

I will agree, the onliner "Shoulda' searched dingus!" is a bit tiresome. However, the posters who say "Shoulda' searched dingus!" and then include several links to the other threads. Well those folks I find quite useful! Espcially when it is a topic I am interested in, for it gives me a larger window of information.

So, I just ask that they include some links with thier comment. As obviously their search prowess is something to be envious of!

new topics

top topics

join