It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw the Roll-over ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What the hell is with the roll over ads? Ah, it's making me angry. There is this one stupid Disney ad about dinosaurs or something and it is right next to the new topics section. Very annoying. There is enough of this brain washing # on TV, does it have to be here as well?

XL5

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think the trend is towards ever more invasive ADs. Sooner or later there will be ADs that can take money from your pocket and put an item in the other because some program thinks you need that product and "you like such and such site don't you, servers are not free you know". Back when I had to go up a mountain both ways on my way to school in chest high snow, current ADs would be seen as evil as all we had were ....static image ADs.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am not adverse to ATS advertising. It needs to pay costs etc.

What is annoying me is that every time I try to click a link when im not logged in that %$#@ Disney ad hijacks my web page and I cannot go to the link.
Secondly it is opening another tab in my browser to F#C%Book when I try and click forum links.
Even logged in this ad is causing browsing issues and reducing my ats experience.
This sort of aggressive advertising is one of the things that makes me boycott a movie personally.

Can the admin please address review this technical issue? As it is interfering with site functionality and experience.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

new topics

join