It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian SAS Hero Mocked on Talk Show!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Cpl Roberts-Smith, doesn't view the situation in the same way. he stated that he would give his life for Australia, knowing that he was doing it for the right reasons, keeping citizens like you and i safe.

Back on topic though. I feel that the comments were offensive, even though the 'victim' did not. It was clearly disrespectful andalso stereotypical. Maybe the hosts should go and look for their brain.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Huh... I heard about this, but .. Journalists?

They're talk show hosts.. lol

Negus is a retard at the best of times now he's a show pony for channel 10. he rekons he couldnt even give the guy an apology as the guy was adamant there was no requirement for one.

Out of all of this, Cpl Roberts-Smith is the only one who has come away with his decency intact. Yumi, nothing more than a little girl playing on the TV and the rest of the circle... Journalists???

Best they come to that is writing "Dear diary, today I was on the TV" when they get home...
Ah, you know what i mean lol At least the old bloke is a journalist, so i got one right

I don't care whether or not they were journalists or hosts, they should all be fired for the stunt they pulled
edit on 1-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just remember why I was so disgusted by what Negus said, and it was not really to do with the man is a soldier. He said 'what if he can't perform in the sack' or whatever, and the man actually can't have his own kids - he is infertile. Don't know anyone who take the micky out of someone for not being able to have kids. (He does have a child, but through alternative birthing means - i believe his wife underwent IVF). I didn't realise the implications of what he said till then. Stupid Negus.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Acronychal

Are you serious

No way! That Negus guy is such a dickhead it isn't funny. How could them retards on that show laugh at such things, both Roberts-Smith being 'dumb'
and being infertile.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

knowing that he was doing it for the right reasons, keeping citizens like you and i safe.
Occupying foreign lands and engaging in offensive military action actually makes us less safe. It is the type of thing that leads to terrorists attacks. Those types of attacks are fueled by hate, and please don't start thinking that "they hate our freedom", that is so ignorant I don't even know where to start.

This Ron Paul speech is every bit as important to us as it is to Americans. I suggest you listen closely.

Now ask yourself why Ron Paul has more support from the military than all other candidates combined. Perhaps there is another side to this story you aren't taking into consideration.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I don't need lectures. I understand that invading countries leads to problems. In fact Australia is playing a dangerous game at the moment. Live fire drills with USA and China, supplying uranium to India, while restricting it to Pakistan.

In the statement you quoted, i was paraphrasing Rober-Smith's view/words. Not mine.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

They fight for peace, freedom & democracy.
Now all the corpses that lltter the battlefields can just lie there,
safe in the knowledge that they snuffed it under a flag of peace
& can happily decompose in a land of freedom.

partially quoted from Red Dwarf S04E06 - Meltdown

The military is for SMEG HEADS.

We can only hope people will listen to reason one day.

edit on 1-3-2012 by acrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join