It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has military plan should Iran conflict erupt, says air force chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
U.S. has military plan should Iran conflict erupt, says air force chief

Well that didn't take long did it !!

Soon after Israeli sources say they will put pressure on Obama, Bingo it happens !!

And this is not some anonymous source close to the situation either !!

U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz is the source.

Latest update 11:13 01.03.12 -- Haaretz, Israel

U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz said Wednesday that Washington has prepared military options to strike Iran's nuclear sites should conflict erupt, Bloomberg reported.

Just four days before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's scheduled meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington, Schwartz told reporters that military options are being prepared in the event of a conflict.

Meanwhile on Wednesday, the Washington Post reported that the U.S. military is increasingly confident that its air force's "bunker-buster" bombs could take out Iran's uranium enrichment plant at Fordo, which is deeply buried underground.
even though recent statements say otherwise ?
unless those new and improved bunker busters are ready !!

Meanwhile, they say, the Obama administration suspects Netanyahu is using Congress and the Republican candidates in the presidential race to put pressure on Obama to support such a strike.
Hmmm, then why would General Schwartz make official statements ??

According to Bloomberg, Pentagon officials say U.S. prepared options to provide aerial refueling for IDF planes, as well as plans to attack Iranian military bases

Is Iran scared NOW ??

Related thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whatever, it's not in the plan to attack Iran so they won't attack Iran. Same old threats and bull for over 20 years now. When someone like Brzezinski says that it is not in the best interest of the US to attack Iran, every single member of the US military can scream their lungs out; it ain't gonna' happen. Simply because it really is not in the best interests of America to be involved in an attack on Iran.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

dont forget its 2012, big changes are coming..
how this story end? i dont know..i hope in peace

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

How funny, we also have a plan for a Canadian attack but the msm is not plastering that udea.
Now why would they single out Iran?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Funny that.

america even still has plans to attack the UK.
Ok so its going back a bit of time and its declassified now.

America has plans to attack everyone, so who is actually scared ?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
geez....

You have no clue how the military works. They've had a plan for like 10+ years now. I was in Gulf War I. There was an option to keep rolling into Iran back then.

They probably have a plan for invading Mexico if they had to.

It's what they do: Plan and prepare.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Does anyone think that the General has been influenced by Israel.

Some may believe so.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

If that is the case then it stinks of treason of the highest order.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Perhaps someone might do a little digging on the General.

Ya never know what might show up.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
In the meanwhile, Obama sends out his lackey, Jay Carney to say it threatens the safety of American's in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Military action against Iran could threaten Americans: Jay Carney

His remarks come as the Obama Administration has said that it wants a political solution to the crisis that includes the IAEA monitoring Tehran's nuclear programme.

"We believe that the policy that we've been pursing, unifying the international community and pressuring and isolating Tehran, creates the best opportunity for ensuring that Iran does not acquire a nuclear weapon," he said.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

No surprise that Obama would send out his message before his upcoming visit with Netanyahu.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The White House Does come up with some lulu's sometimes don't they.

I guess the fact that both Iraq and Afghanistan are war zones has no bering anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You'd prefer they didn't have a plan?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
When you run anything, you have plans. That is one of the first things they teach in Boy Scouts is a plan. In business, you have plans. In sports, you have plans. If you are smart, you always have plans...Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, even an "Oh, Crap Plan"

As such, "Yes Virginia"... there really are plans to attack Iran...there are plans to attack Pakistan, N Korea, China, Africa, ...even South Carolina if need be. No suprises here.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The point is that Israel stated they were going to put the "squeeze" on Obama.

Israel wants Iran to be "on notice".

That's what they said.

I think any normal person knows that most military powers always have "plans".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Sorry if this seems off topic, but I haven't heard of this official plan of attacking Canada. I was wondering if you could share a link.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My guess is that these plans to attack Iran are as old as the Project for the New American Century (PNAC). These psychopaths have had this planned for a long while.

new topics

top topics

join