It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pressure Rises for Strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu is set to meet with Obama next week as reports surface that he will seek for US to deliver an explicit military threat to Iran, as US continues to warn against an Israeli strike.

Senior Israeli officials say Israel would have to act by summer in order to be effective. U.S. officials, wary that an Israeli strike could drive up oil prices and entangle the U.S. in a new Mideast military confrontation during the presidential election season, want to give diplomacy and sanctions more time to work.

www.foxnews.com...

Well, this should be interesting.

Netanyahu and Obama are not the best of friends to begin with (as was more than evident on the last couple of visits to Washington). Now Netanyahu wants to pressure Obama into issuing a direct military threat to Iran...with the implication that the U.S. would support the idea of a summertime strike.

Aside from the obvious regional (and possibly global) strategic implications of such an attack...it would be "inconvenient" timing for Obama - for his reelection campaign. According to other reports, Obama would far prefer to attack Iran sometime in late September or early October...to been seen to give the latest round of sanctions a chance to work, and then to be leading the U.S. in a new armed conflict going right into the election.

So, where will this thing break? Will Israel's belief that a nuclear armed Iran is an existential threat...and that to wait out the summer would allow Iran to get deeper underground (literally)...making a future attack less effective? Or will Barak Obama's personal desire to get a second term as POTUS be the largest weight on the scale?

If anyone still has any doubt that Iran is going to get attacked this year, then they are just not paying attention.

The only questions left open it seems are....when will it happen...and will Israel have to go it alone?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This is a joke and making threads on it is also a joke and must be considered spam. It's boring and annoying to think about it. They don't even need to build up the propaganda to attack Iran, they might as well do it now. I doubt Russia or China will help in any way.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

will seek for US to deliver an explicit military threat to Iran
Right on schedule.

"Iran will take payment from its trading partners in gold instead of dollars, the Iranian state news agency IRNA quoted the central bank governor as saying on Tuesday."

Closer to war : Iran moves to accept gold instead of dollars
Gaddafi tried to do the same thing right before the Western world decide to bomb the hell out of Libya.

Just because they want a nuclear program is no legitimate reason to attack them, especially when there is no proof they are attempting to make nuclear weapons. Just because they "might" do something is hardly an excuse to attack them in some sort of attempt to threaten and intimidate them... all it's going to do is piss them off even more and make them attack back. I would retaliate if I were them too... these fools are going to initiate world war 3 and it's all because of money, not because of Iran's thought crimes.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
This is a joke and making threads on it is also a joke and must be considered spam. It's boring and annoying to think about it. They don't even need to build up the propaganda to attack Iran, they might as well do it now. I doubt Russia or China will help in any way.

I am not quite sure what it is about an impending attack on Iran's nuclear facilities you find "a joke" or "boring'.

It won't be very boring for the Iranian people when it happens...nor a joke for the Iranian military (and others likely) who will perish, or get injured, in the attacks.

Even less of a joke, or boring, are the possible consequences of an attack.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

these fools are going to initiate world war 3 and it's all because of money, not because of Iran's thought crimes.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

........And it couldn't be more clear. I can't see how people can't see this.

I think by Germany opening up talks about trade with Iran, then Russia and China doing nothing more than sable rattling telling the U.S. to leave Iran alone....... If I were the U.S. military.......I'd leave Iran alone. The rest of the world wants nothing to do with this, and if Isreal can't take care of their own neighbors, that's their problem.

So Iran wants a gold system and a functioning nuclear program......where's the problem and how does that affect us?

You know what I'd like to see.....really? I'd like to see the U.S. military go overseas somewhere, like Iran for example, start @#$% and proceed to get their a##es kicked by the rest of the world who tried to subtly tell them to leave well enough alone. My father was in the Air Force and I served in the Army, but........this really is getting ridiculous. I think our current military needs to be taken down a notch or two to where they don't think thier #e stinks anymore.

And for all you gung-ho newcomers on the scene who think our military is all that.......who have we been beating for the past 30 years? When was the last time we beat someone who was as big as we are. Let's see.........WW2 I think it was and if I remember my history lessons correctly.... we were late for that date. And to make matters even worse, it was more of a gang bang than anything else.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What ever happened to January 25 being "too late" to attack Iran?
Anyone remember that one?

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It would be wise of you to stop spreading "their" news for "them". Since it doesn't seem like you are for an attack. Why spread the "news" that is designed to rile people up for an attack? You only need to observe through which outlets the "news" reach the masses. In this case, Haaretz to FOX. So there's no point to further spread this bull.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
we can`t do nothing to change the history...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Well personally, I welcome any news to do with the Iran situation. If a major conflict is on the cards, I want to know about it. You may think it's all bull but that doesn't mean that everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Maybe you should learn how to talk to people. Every time I see your posts, your being nasty. Your reasoning is sound, but your delivery is child like.

I too want to see all of the info I can. Why would we just stop talking about it?

You really believe the best way to stop this, is to ignore it? Hide it? The more people know, the more passion they have in their denial of the propaganda.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Obama has another election to win, he is not going to jeopardize that with an unpopular war with Iran. He's already anti-Israel. If he does anything he will likely say "Allah'u'a Ahkbar" to Bibi and send him away purple faced and looking like he could chew granite into talcum powder.

Politocos are selfish when it comes to election year, i wouldn't expect any help out of "lightning from heaven" unless it comes with the offer of your soul.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
. He's already anti-Israel.

What the Heck has Obama done to be anti-Israel?????

The checks are being sent, the warships are in the SoH. What has he done???

He told Israel to Stop construction on Illegal Settlements.

Just because Obama doesn't want a war that will be Bad for America, doesn't make him Anti-Israel.

It makes him Pro USA, haven't had a Pres think like that since Kennedy,

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
all these people that will die in Iran, like Libya, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon before, etc...

It is wrong to kill others for their wealth. It is wrong to wage war based on the needs of a few.

Where is the moral compass humanity has been guided by in one way or the other?
The greatest threat to our species is itself. Unless we change this mentality of war and conquest we will destroy ourselves as our abilities increase.

There is no honor in this. There is no purpose besides wealth for a few and destruction for many.

Peace is not just a noble Idea for a culture, it is the foundation of a societies prosperity. It is no coincidence that as America has gone to ever increasing war efforts that we as a people have declined in prosperity and wealth.

If there is no other way but war in one's eyes, then they are not deserving of a future in peace.

War does not bring peace. The disgust of it after does.

edit on 1-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Your reasoning is sound, but your delivery is child like.

Everything has its reasons ;-)

Maybe you should learn how to talk to people.

Maybe that person is you? Maybe feel less important so that you don't take things personal that you shouldn't take personal in the first place.
edit on 2-3-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You know what ?

Every where I look I see broken countries.

But god blessed us by oil whether unbelievers hate it or not.

deny illusion.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

You know what ?

deny illusion.

Yep, and soon your oil will belong to the infidels.But don't worry, the 12th Imam will come and get you and the rest of BELIEVERS in heaven.We will stay here, on Earth, in our "miserable" westerner way of life.

Oh, btw, Israel will kick some ayatollahs ass.es quite soon

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector

Originally posted by hmdphantom

You know what ?

deny illusion.

Yep, and soon your oil will belong to the infidels.But don't worry, the 12th Imam will come and get you and the rest of BELIEVERS in heaven.We will stay here, on Earth, in our "miserable" westerner way of life.

Oh, btw, Israel will kick some ayatollahs ass.es quite soon

Continuation of the illusion

Continue.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I apologise, I have no idea what the deleted post said but I can tell I upset you. I was a little brash in my reply and I do appreciate what you are saying about spreading the propoganda. I just think it is essential to keep an eye on these goons, WE KNOW HOW THEY WORK FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. sry caps.

top topics

join