It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures requested by popular demand of planes in Groom and the NTS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by boomer135

The newspaper that can't be named indicates it was tested and stored in Nevada. Check out
"Test and Evaluation Project K". But you can't post the link since the forum blocks it. And for good reason since the paper was suing websites.

Interesting. I googled project k and a lot of sites popped up saying it was linked to groom. All of there sources are the same guy that supposedly worked at groom on stealth projects. I highly doubt that the source is legit. Nobody that works at groom will come into the open and say this info, considering what happened to our favorite "leaker" who will remain nameless! That being said I don't doubt that it was tested at groom after reading some of this. I wish I could find out where I read it was an airport in New York somewhere that they were kept. But it's not online anymore I guess

Most sites say they probably have around a dozen or so of the big stealth helicopters. And they also say that it was tested in the early 90s. So we've been sitting on these machines for that long or have they been used on other missions as well??? My guess is yes and the only reason we know about them now is because of one crashing.

Imagine knowing huge secrets and not ever being able to tell them. Think it would drive you crazy? I don't envy the early groom lake u-2 and sr-71 guys anymore. At least they can tell their story now...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
please post the TBR flying triangle

Never heard of it....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
boomer135

Did Groom tested "black projects" in winter in years 1999-2003? There is photo of Rachel in snow in February 2000: www.rachel-nevada.com...

And do you know some cases that they flown his secret aircraft during daytime?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Perhaps a location in New York, similar to this.

Spook Central
by Bill Sweetman

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GroomLakePolishFAN
boomer135

Did Groom tested "black projects" in winter in years 1999-2003? There is photo of Rachel in snow in February 2000: www.rachel-nevada.com...

And do you know some cases that they flown his secret aircraft during daytime?

I'm sure they did. They don't shut down cause its cold out.

And define secret aircraft...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Actually the stealth helicopter used in the UBL raid is a better example. It was stashed away, just waiting for a mission.

That is a perfect example. I would like to think we have this secret group prob around 20 of each aircraft consisting of advanced fighters, bombers, surveillance, space craft, transport, tankers and EW aircraft that could basically start out and do all the high risk work if we were ever to fight an enemy such as China or Russia.

Not really facing off against conventional forces but to do special duty work behind enemy lines that could be like the Navy Seals of the air force. The F-23 based craft could be a good example that could have been in the black world for this. Of course I have no proof of this happening just that it would make sense if I was in charge. Yes it would be expensive, but considering the black budget it could be a possibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Assuming the stealth chopper is a tweak of an existing chopper, then they can't do too many of these. There are enough plane spotters out there that the lack of viewing the tail number(s) in the wild would be suspicious. Now they could paint the tail number(s) of the hidden chopper(s) on another aircraft and then fly it/them around until it is spotted.

Tail number tracking was a minor problem in the 90s, but it was a serious problem post 9/11, when tail number spotting was commonplace on the interwebs. The USAF complained about the spotters, but John Pike correctly accused the USAF of bad tradecraft. In intelligence, it is your own damn problem to maintain security.

The same goes for Groom Lake. If they let a plane get photographed, it is their fault. But the do a good job of keeping them secret. The RQ-170 was at the TTR for over a year before being announced and nobody got a photograph of it. And the TTR doesn't require a hike from hell. You just drive and shoot more or less. There is just a short hike that is about 5% a Tikaboo. Some believe Desert Prowler was the RQ-170. If so, then it was never spotted at Groom.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

What are the odds RQ-170 (or the Prowler for that matter) was tested at Yucca Lake? The P-175 was, so then why not the RQ-170? I don't believe "not" due to SAP requirements.
edit on 29-10-2012 by TAGBOARD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

I'd say Yucca Lake (AOF) could be a possibility regarding testing the Desert Prowler. The Desert Prowler patch was associated with Groom Lake, but basically Yucca is a test site associated with Groom Lake.

Based on listening to air traffic around the range, the AOF is controlled by the tower at Desert Rock. Still I wouldn't rule out Groom Lake essentially running the AOF in practice.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

There's two desert prowler patches that I've seen. The second one drops the desert prowler name from it and has a "bat helmet". I would say that this is the RQ-170 patch. Even though we know that this aircraft probably didn't directly come from the desert prowler aircraft, they tweaked the patch itself. Notice that the "5-1" link is removed as well. Only thing left is 9/11 in numerals and of course the bottom. Check it out...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

boomer135

No it's just saying it was spotted in 1999. It could have been flying out of groom for years for all we know. Or it could have started in 1999.

You mean about this aircraft and incident? www.dreamlandresort.com...

or other stealth?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GroomLakePolishFAN

boomer135

No it's just saying it was spotted in 1999. It could have been flying out of groom for years for all we know. Or it could have started in 1999.

You mean about this aircraft and incident? www.dreamlandresort.com...

or other stealth?

Whatever it is you posted from 1999 on that link.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That must to by amazing sight. Do you guess in which hangar at Groom, it could was? and If it flying over other countries(like Poland)?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

All of the patches with the IX and XI seem to be Desert Prowler patches. The original P-170/RQ-170 Sentinel patch has a design with an owl on it. There are some other patches from the 30th Reconnaissance Squadron that appear to be associated with the Sentinel, as well. They feature a grim reaper design.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GroomLakePolishFAN

I don't know. i didnt see it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Love the pics!.. MAkes me wonder why anyone would want to scuffle with the US

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Do you think it is IX and XI as in 9 and 11 and thus 9/11/2001?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It indeed seems to be a reference to 9/11/2001. A great many military patches from that era featured some variation of the theme.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

The industry standard it seems is that there is anywhere from 7-11 manned aircraft still classified that have been flying since 1985 out of the NTS, not including UAV's. So you can venture a guess about what aircraft we have and what we got to refuel.

Can you tell me, if any of this classified aircraft was tested at Groom? In 1999-2003 years?
edit on 30-10-2012 by GroomLakePolishFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GroomLakePolishFAN

Yes. Most of these aircraft were tested at Groom. Sorry to say that we don't really know how many or what type. The "industry standard" of between 7 and 11 is kind of my fault, at least because I posted information on the Internet that turned out to be somewhat inaccurate. A published bio of a test pilot claimed that he had flown "at least seven classified aircraft," but the person who put the bio together had misinterpreted seven months of testing one aircraft (TACIT BLUE) as being flights of seven individual aircraft. It didn't help that the unnamed TACIT BLUE was described as having certain characteristics not previously associated with that airplane (and still unconfirmed officially). Since the pilot in question had not seen the bio prior to publication, he was unable to make corrections before it went to print.

We know that another pilot flew a "classified advanced technology demonstration prototype" in 1983 (previously misidentified as 1985), but we have no additional data. There have been a variety of foreign combat aircraft tested under such designations as YF-110M, YF-113H, and YF-116A, etc. Another airplane, designated YF-113G, has caused controversy because some wording ("taken from design to first flight") suggested that it was a new aircraft, but pilots who have flown it were associated with the Red Hats foreign materiel evaluation programs and they also call their airplanes "classified prototypes." One test pilot flew four different classified aircraft during his career (only one of which has been declassified) and another flew 10 classified types (most of which were definitely foreign).

These are just a few of the manned aircraft we know about. There have been many unmanned types flown, as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join