It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwan's delivery trucks run off of propane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The military has vehicles that are converted to run on propane for years. Nothing new.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have run ex schwans trucks for the last ten years to haul my tracter.
I am currently looking for my next one.
Around 2003 Bi-phase changed their fuel system to a propane injencted system vs the carbureted propane systems which are on my 1998 trucks

So anyone know of any for sale?
I've been watching the copart.com auctions, and I seen some go through a couple weeks ago
Now I see I couple of those some same trucks on craigslist for waaaaay to many $'s

Anyways anybody know where there are som 2003 or newer GMC 5500's that have the propane conversion?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MNnativeamer

If you pull into some of the major truck stops now, you'll see LNG or CNG pumps. They're not common yet but quite a few fleets are converting their day cabs over.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had several buddies, in high school 35 yrs ago, that had propane powers vehicles. And most all non electric wharehouse fork lifts are propane. Half of the local muni busses and all of the newer garbage trucks are propane, and half of ups vehicles are propane.
How is this new?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MNnativeamer
I heard...
I think...
Im guessing...

You sound like a perfect candidate for a Quick Google Search!!

Here's one of the results from the first page of my Quick Google Search!!

the only vehicles on the planet that run off of propane.

Propane is used in a ton of vehicles ranging from forklifts and other warehouse vehicles all the way up to delivery trucks and beyond. One cool application of propane is in diesel engines. The use of propane can greatly increase average mpg and even improve overall engine performance in diesel engines, which can commonly be found powering things like farm equipment and city/school buses.

Definitely interesting tech, but very far from new. Also very far from exclusive to the Schwan fleet.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We can even buy new cars in Australia that are made at the factory with direct injection propane (LPG) conversions.
They use slightly more fuel, but pollute less and have more power, because of the characteristics of propane.
The reason it is not so popular in the US, is because your Gasoline is so damn cheap!!.
It is a petroleum industry conspiracy..as it is cheaper to make LPG, has no additives...it is a byproduct of the production of gasoline...they usually just burn it off.
Petroworkers travel the World to "old" oil wells to Vent off and burn the natural gas that still collects in these caverns, they burn billion of litres of fuel...just waste it. (cant tap it, it would drop the price of oil and destroy the World

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join