It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Defense's Future Years Defense Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Department of Defense's Future Years Defense Plan

www.cbo.gov

DoD requested an appropriation of $671 billion for 2012. Of that amount, $554 billion was to fund the “base” programs. The remaining $118 billion to pay for overseas operations.

...The Marine Corps plans to maintain its current end strength, then lower it by 2016, at which time U.S. involvement in Afghanistan is anticipated to have decreased.

...CBO assumed that growth in national spending would slow after 2019, eventually reaching a rate in 2034 that was 1 percentage point higher than the GDP
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csbaonline.org

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Information finally released.

After pouring over various new military and congressional documents, there were an alarming number of items in the FYDP that raised more than one question to mind.

The first excerpt above is self-explanatory. One only needs to look at what the allowed budget is for our nation's other expenses versus that apportioned out for future military endeavors. Within this document you will see purchases to be made including new nuclear subs, ICBMs, modernized Naval units (like the littoral Independence class, and M80-Stiletto), classified Air Force projects, chemical weapons disposal, and Space projects (like the infrared and ultra-high frequency satellites, as well as orbiting intercept & destroy capable systems ). I have further documents I can link up listing each purchase if any are interested in specifics of what and//or how many.

The second excerpt above was in regards to details about the troops occupying Afghanistan being funded to remain there up to, and possibly beyond, the year 2016.

The third and final item I pulled out from this document was a very puzzling supposition made by the Congressional Budget Office. They projected that somehow our national spending would decrease so much after the year 2019, that it would only reach an amount equal to 1% higher than our Gross Domestic Product. How they hope to achieve such wealth by then is a mystery to me.

I also found of interest the actual number of troops numbered in various locales (more recent documents amend this slightly), The linked document is long, as are others I have related to the matters paraphrased above, but a number of you may find them to be very enlightening.

Or, it may just raise more questions than answers.

www.cbo.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have a good friend, former Navy Seal who has worked at the DOD for 6 yrs now. He has one of the highest security clearances in the state he is from. I could confirm a few things but it wouldn't matter, Im sure, because anybody can say anything. Although if the list you posted mentioned underwater military bases in the oceans and under small islands around the world, that would just be mild subjects.

Ive tried getting him to become a member at ATS and he just laughs but if I know him, he went and signed up right after I asked him the first time but has never said anything to me. If he did, maybe he will say hi.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MNnativeamer
I have a good friend, former Navy Seal who has worked at the DOD for 6 yrs now. He has one of the highest security clearances in the state he is from. I could confirm a few things but it wouldn't matter, Im sure, because anybody can say anything. Although if the list you posted mentioned underwater military bases in the oceans and under small islands around the world, that would just be mild subjects.

Ive tried getting him to become a member at ATS and he just laughs but if I know him, he went and signed up right after I asked him the first time but has never said anything to me. If he did, maybe he will say hi.

So by being a mild subject, you mean they exist?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The "Star Wars" thread was mentioned recently on ATS live.
Here is a brief "answer" to whether or not it has been designed, exists, or is in use, as it relates to this thread.

Star Wars - Weaponization of Space?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Want to see the list of programs they asked money for ?
check out the thread I posted this in
the pdf docs tell you
not just the code names but how much was asked and how much they got
www.abovetopsecret.com...

that is this years
or link to it directly 18 page PDF

227 page pdf

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So by being a mild subject, you mean they exist?

Under-island bases? Just goes to show you people generally aren't looking in the right places. Like the infamous "area 51." People spend weeks of their life trying to get shots of the base, when all the fun stuff is actually down the tunnel leading away from the base for some distance.

Meh. Like any other "classified" project (ala: undersea-to-air drones(lockheed), radiation "bombs", etc.) You can hint at it, provide evidence of conception or even production but, to come forward and claim such things outright? There's a reason why military "whistle-blowers" are typically advanced in age. They have little left to lose anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

"you people". Nice. Since you are so informed, apparently, why don't you spill the beans instead of beating around the bush. Just like 90% of all new members tend to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Btw, EvilBat, that classified Black Light project you were wondering about that DARPA was asking so much money for? It's an ultra-powerful power cell. A brand new energy source that uses a standard, off the shelf carbon platinum catalyst with deuterium gas" to produce power.. works using ideas not generally accepted by atomic theory yet.

It's a new form of energy. Works like cold-fusion but calling it that is a stretch, I think. Maybe it is though, nothing I've worked on so I can't really say much about specifics.
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

"you people". Nice. Since you are so informed, apparently, why don't you spill the beans instead of beating around the bush. Just like 90% of all new members tend to do.

I meant to express, "Just goes to show you that people generally aren't looking in the right places."

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
Within this document you will see purchases to be made including ...Space projects (like the infrared and ultra-high frequency satellites, as well as orbiting intercept & destroy capable systems)

I would like people to take another look at this, and then visit this following link:
Swedish Investigation into US Space High Frequency Research Program

I'm not a theorist into the whole over-hyped HAARP thing, but there are important pieces of information to be garnered from the FYDP report I'd linked above initially. It's worth a look, as this tidbit here isn't the only eye-opener.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Interesting to hear that
but I think you got the wrong person wondering about darpa that would have been ShadowXIX back in 04

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
reply to post by EvilBat

Btw, EvilBat, that classified Black Light project you were wondering about that DARPA was asking so much money for? It's an ultra-powerful power cell. A brand new energy source that uses a standard, off the shelf carbon platinum catalyst with deuterium gas" to produce power.. works using ideas not generally accepted by atomic theory yet.

It's a new form of energy. Works like cold-fusion but calling it that is a stretch, I think. Maybe it is though, nothing I've worked on so I can't really say much about specifics.
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: spelling

Liberals like me are oppesed to such high levels of spending but we sure do like our spinoffs, like microwave ovens and countless other innovations. The military spending often has some unintended concequences.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Not to mention cell-phones and the internet. A couple items right there that people nowadays can't imagine a world without.

top topics

join