It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama: Koran Apology 'Calmed Things Down'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm not so sure it 'Calmed Things Down' !!

I think most of the deaths related to the protesting came after the "apology".

Feb. 29, 2012 -- ABC

President Obama said his formal apology to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the burning of Korans by U.S. troops last week has "calmed things down" after the incident sparked an outbreak of violence across the country.

"We're not out of the woods yet," Obama said in an exclusive interview with ABC News' Bob Woodruff at the White House. "But my criteria in any decision I make, getting recommendations from folks who are actually on the ground, is what is going to best protect our folks and make sure that they can accomplish their mission."

ABC Story

related threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that the Taliban and even Afghan President Karzai were not so impressed.

I think there has been 30 or so deaths so far.

edit on Mar-01-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The man is delusional. There is no other way to put it. You saw the news. I saw the news. The whole world watched this happen and it's not even over. He's trying to re-write history and the event isn't even over yet. He's in need of meds...or counseling..or something. Whatever it is though, someone get it to him. This leadership is getting downright bad for everyone.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Obama has to learn to bow a bit lower...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Its a typical politically based comment. Much like jobs created or saved. He can't really prove what he is saying, but it sounds good, when in reality the situation is as bad or worse.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

President Obama: Koran Apology 'Calmed Things Down',

And I bet Obama uses gasoline to put out fires.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yes, what he should have said was F U.

That would have been better....because that would be rational and less inflammatory than an apology.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think it's a fairly recent phenomenon that a U.S. President would be heard from either way on something this relatively trivial in nature. This was a local matter on the base and never should have blown into a global bonanza, as it has for the media and everyone else. This is precisely why we have Secretaries and Under Secretaries and Ambassadors.

As soon as someone at the level of a Head of State enters a matter, it takes on a whole new reality and a life of it's own. This President seems to think a day without his face on the tube is like a day without the sunshine a nation needs.

Give me Clinton back. Really... He wasn't THAT bad...C'mon. Bill was almost amusing in his scandals and mismanagement. This has stopped being amusing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As some of the mobs intimated, "they always apologise!" so nothing of the sort soothes the savage east.

It was unintentional, saying sorry for it, in the face of the lack of acceptance of this apology, is typical. Just another reason to hate the west. that's all it is. No more than saying to one of them "mohammod was a bit odd aye?!" you would be in a world of cultural and religious pain.

gotta appease them by submission. Not by apology.

won't happen for me as long as I draw breath.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We didn't get an apology when he bent us over and stuck to us from behind.

top topics

join