It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met one of the last WWII vets today who witnessed....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
While almost everyone in the attack on Pearl Harbour was a military personnel. Also please stop comparing the two, your attack on Japan was one of the worst war crimes of the 20th century. Hope your proud to be an American.

True, most casualities at Pearl Harbor were US Military, they were also US Military that were not at war with Japan at the time. If you actually put down the PB&J sammich your mommy made and did some real research instead of troll, you might have known that.

Do you even know about the atrocities that the Japanese committed in the Pacific during WW2 to POWs and civilians, or just too freakin' ignorant?

Yep, I am proud to be an American. And where are you from, or just too ashamed to admit it?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

All you have to do is look through your threads and posts to see that you will take every opportunity to spew your hatred for America. We get it, you hate us, you think that we are all evil and the cause of every problem in the world. Why are you so angry? And why must you go out of your way to argue with the americans on here? Is it just fun to you?

Oh and by the way. Where do you think the Japaneese were headed after they seized the phillipines? and the Solomans?, American and Australia, so yeah they were a threat to the U.S and your country of Australia.
edit on 1/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

some lil punk coming on this thread, disrespecting an American, an old timer who fought for my freedom to allow me to enjoy my life and allies lives Australians, Brits, etc. etc. trying to make us feel bad, for the way it ended can go screw themselves, lemme tell you the vet I met today had blisters all over his arms, and it had to do with the a bombs being dropped on the stubborn Japanese who refused to surrender... He was explaining to me today how the fallout was effecting him...

His illness has to do with the the way the mighty Japanese empire refused to surrender even after their mighty ally Germany got the crap beat outta them..

this thread is just to pay some respect to an old timer ww2 vet thats all, in 2012, all Japenese I meet are respectful and I can say the same for Germans...

Its still history...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CorteZZ
[ lemme tell you the vet I met today had blisters all over his arms, and it had to do with the a bombs being dropped on the stubborn Japanese who refused to surrender... He was explaining to me today how the fallout was effecting him...

Im sorry, but you fell for a story hook line and sinker. Just because someone is old doesnt automatically make them the most honest truth teller ever.

Someone who survived so much fallout that they have blisters almost 70 years later is fantasy. Im not saying he didnt have blisters, but if it was from radiation he would not be standing. And he is "still fightiung the VA for it"? Yeah right.

And everyone can make justification for this or that or how Japan was going to murder our poor boys if we invaded...but the fact remains, America is the only nation to ever nuke a civilian population. Whether you like it or not, that is just the cold hard facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My grandfather was at Ohmaha Beach Normandy. My grandmother hand built parts that went on the A bombs at the Warren tank plant in Michigan.

My grandfather never liked to talk about his war experiances. I only know of two stories. One he had to dive into a latrine to escape a diving plane. The other was his best friend drowned on D Day jumping off the boat.

My grandfather remarried and his current wife works with veterns documenting thier stories for the library of congress.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

once again homosapiens burden my pride in my kind....

my good intentions will never end and lead our future into rust....

So many people I attract with no love,
just make my good intentions end with sorrow...

I suppose I should follow all your cracks into the dark.

Such a stature...

I will never end.
with such mending....

your future will not be part of my rust..

Just your dreams as your cracks form within your hearts.
A pity... It seems I can see something within the crack you cannot..
yet you blame me... For your empty hands..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
did you know General MaCarthor schooled the Japanese generals for two weeks on how to act, walk and talk before they signed the surrender papers... he described to me how these admirals for the japenese army looked in top hats and coat tails....

Unlikely. McArthur did not arrive in Tokyo until August 30th, and the surrender ceremony was on Sept. 2nd.
McArthur had outlined for the Japanese leadership his plans for the American occupation of Japan, and very probably some other US officer had helped arrange the surrender ceremony and explained to the Japanese what they were supposed to do. I doubt it took two weeks, or even two days to tell the Japanese what they were expected to do at the signing.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by CorteZZ

Americans are responsible for destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki and killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, that was less than 70 years ago.

Yet Americans cry when 3000 people die in a false flag attack, no wonder the world hates you.

Your vets are not heros?

How did they fight to save your freedom in WW2? They never fought for Americas freedom they fought for other countries.

Deny ignorance.

Q
And WW2 vets had a choice to fight? You coward.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's important to note that the America my father and his friends fought for in WW11 was not the same America that we have today. Most of the people of that time were honest hard working people with Morals. If my father was here today I don't know if he would fight to protect a country full of deceit. The use of Atomic bombing of Japan was not a good thing but it was necessary at the time. It started the nuclear arms race that caused many people to pay a lot of taxes. The world was not ready for the knowledge of Atomic energy at that time. Look how much atomic weapon testing was done without proper protection of innocent people or considering future problems from their deeds. Einstein helped create it but it would have been created in a little while anyway. Man constantly ignores the perception of unthought of risk in his quest for power. It seems that to think cautiously has become abnormal in society. The risk takers now control the world. Look at all the stupid reality TV shows there are glorifying risk. We are training our young to ignore unnecessary risk. Who is behind this tactic? Wall Street?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
My grandfather was at Ohmaha Beach Normandy.

My late father fought on the eastern front and took part in the Battle of the Kursk Salient, the second largest tank battle ever fought. The only story he ever told me was how he had diarrhea and had to let it build up in his pants for days on end because his hands were too frozen to unbuckle his belt.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This thread made me so happy

thank you for sharing! S and F

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The U.S knew the japs were gong to attack Pearl harbour. thats why most of their air craft carriers were at sea that day. The U.S government let the attack go ahead as it was their get in clause. As for the vet with atomic burns on his arms , come off it please. is he saying he was in the hiroshima/ nagasaki area at the time of it being dropped? how else would he get the burns?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CorteZZ

reply to post by CorteZZ

lemme tell you the vet I met today had blisters all over his arms, and it had to do with the a bombs being dropped on the stubborn Japanese who refused to surrender..

Dude, SERIOUSLY? In your OP you said he had burns and in the statement above you say he had blisters....and you want us to believe he has these from World War II? He got them from the Atom Bomb? How is that? Did you ask him how he got them from the Atom Bomb? Was he in the plane that dropped The Bomb? Was he on the ground in Nagasaki or Hiroshima?

What a load of cow dung.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

LOL this dude's from Australia and he's bitching about how we justly raped Japan after their preemptive strike?

If it wasn't for our 1st Marines on Guadalcanal (most namely, among other key battles) Australia would have been occupied and annihilated.

Is history not taught in Australia?

p.s. our Marines screwed all their women when they docked in Melbourne afterwards while their troops had their hands full in Europe. u mad jace?
edit on 3-1-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Maybe his daddy is half american and thats where the anger comes from. Now the Gaudlcanal Marines were some hard core boys. John Bassilone was the man rolling around with ol Chesty.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CorteZZ

he showed me burns on his arms from the atom bomb, he says he received and is fighting the VA, for help with.

I'm just curious about this.
How did he receive these?
Where was he?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Hey you might be onto something there.

That they were. John Bassilone and Chesty were true freaking bad asses. RIP to both.

My favorite quote from Chesty would have to be from when he first was introduced to a flamethrower.
"Where the hell do you put the bayonet?"

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

If it wasn't for our 1st Marines on Guadalcanal (most namely, among other key battles) Australia would have been occupied and annihilated.

I doubt that very much.
Have you been to Australia? Have you seen the far north, the heat, the dysentery, the insects, the reptiles, the cartilaginous fish?

The Japanese may well have made it to the mainland in a semi-permanent basis, but they wouldn't have subdued the whole country. The vastness and hostility of the land was its best defence.

Feel free to carry on your pissing contest.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yeah I forgot, that would be absolutely impossibleeee.
Are you aware of the conditions both sides lived in in the jungles? Do you think heat and insects are going to stop anything? puhlease....

If they set up that airfield on the Solomon Islands you guys would have been over your heads in s*** creek without a paddle due to Japanese bombers, and a set up to an eventual invasion. It was a strategic position that was prevented by our Marines/Navy. Open a history book if you can manage, because there's nothing to 'doubt.' You guys did not have the ability to fight off Japan on your own with your preoccupation in Europe. Your military was not big enough.

Australia loved us.
Too bad history has been forgotten and ignorance has taken its place. If the truth is a 'pissing contest,' then I will definitely be continuing so our veterans get the respect they deserve for their sacrifices for protecting an ally who chooses to do nothing but # talk us.
edit on 3-1-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
All this arguing is very sad, there is no doubt, 'the arsenal of democracy' saved the 'western world' twice, okay, so we don't have to keep saying thank you, but we should remember the sacrifice all dead soldiers made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join