It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defkalion is closing down it's forum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
(Praxen) Defkalion Green Technologies which was formally partnered with Andrea Rossi, both claiming to have developed a working LENR device, is now shutting down their forum. This is part of their statement:

We are a private company with our own strategy. We believed in the operation of a forum in our website because LENR should be accessible by all. We aimed to counter many conspiracy theorists. Our goal was to stress that we would handle the commercialization of this technology with social responsibility.

The information out there is a lot. It is information that has been created and at times even altered according to the author’s aims. If there is any deception, it is out there. A fate regrettably encountered by Mr Rossi who did so much for LENR’s publicity. Our responsibility is to produce a working prototype for humanity not to satisfy a few curious scientists, journalists, enthusiasts and skeptics. There will be plenty of room for constructive commentary on our final product.

Until Defkalion Green Technologies has its product, we shall no longer get involved in the games and blogs of online media. Our next announcement in the coming months will be that of a successful and certified product.

I'm curious if this is a cue from Rossi's public disaster by interacting with the online community. Rossi spends a lot of time responding to individual questions and comments on his own blog, and it has been going downhill lately if you are following any of it.

AND THIS DOES NOT BELONG TO PUBLIC INFORMATION. WHAT COUNTS FOR THE PUBLIC IS THAT OUR PRODUCTS WORK PROPERLY. AS USUAL THE PUPPET SNAKES ARE MAKING MUCH ADO FOR NOTHING, WITH THE HELP OF SOME PRIMADONNA (OR WANNABE SO). WARM REGARDS, ANDREA ROSSI

This comes immediately after they claimed to have done independent verification of their systems Press release found here.

Addressing the result of the verification they offered the following:

Regarding test results: We clearly stated in our announcement that “test results may be published”. It is impossible to know the communication policy held by each government Authority or indeed the selected “internationally recognized and reputable scientific organization” that we have accepted to conduct tests when they verify the existence and validity of LENR.

Link to full statement

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
NyTeknik got some information about the tests it seems. At first there was a miscommunication:

UPDATED (February 29): In an interview with New Technology, Alexandros Xanthoulis, representative of investors, said That the test was conducted on February 24 and That it was not focused on safety, as the product is not yet ready for Ch tests.

The focus was deprecated to Show That There Was excess heat energy released from a "Low Energy Nuclear Reaction 'and not from a chemical source. The test lasted for 24 hours and included bothering an empty and an active reactors, Which were switched after 12 hours. Xanthoulis Also said That two of the seven international groups Have Already Carried Out Their tests and That The Last of Those tests is scheduled for late March. He did not say When or if the test results Will Be published. / End of update /.

Source

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I would be surprised if any team of engineers or scientists would be happy with the test criteria linked to from your post. Basically they are measuring the output temperature and power consumption without measuring input water vulume or recondensing the output.

Its easy enough to do it properly so why aren't they? Why no calorimetry?
edit on 1-3-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: Super fat thumbs

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

From my understanding they are testing the bare reactor cores. The cooling happens by thermal radiation, convection. I think they said the max core temperature would be about 900 C. If their claims of a cop about twenty and power density of a few kW are true this should suffice to demonstrate the effect.

Assuming that the independent tests have happened or are ongoing according to Ny Technik I really hope that the test results will be published sometime. Defkalion themselves are obviously not interested or willing to publish any data.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by moebius

At temperature rise per watt input 20 times greater than the control might seem impressive but is not outside the realms of being faked (off the cuff, without any serious investigation on my part)

I can create a load which looks like it is drawing 100W to simple V/I sampling that is in fact drawing much more. I could also have low thermal impedance to a thermocouple on one system and very high thermal impedance on another. And low thermal impedance for the heater to ambient on one system and high on the other.

There are also many exothermic systems that can be used to bolster heat production on one system against another.

At the end of the day detailed examination.of the experimental setup as normal in a scientific experiments is required to be confident in the results. Better would be to use calorimetry as it is simple, accurate and requires minimal calibration. Best would be to attach a generator and make the system self run for a period sufficient to rule out exothermic or radioactive heating sources.

ETA: Don't get me wrong I strongly suspect LENR to be real and I hope Defkalion have a workable system but they are starting to walk, talk and quack like ducks, much like Rossi has.

edit on 1-3-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
S&F

I also have a Thread about them

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The issues with input power, thermocouple placement and chemical sources also apply to flow calorimetry. Thus I would argue that the quality of the results will largely depend on the competence of the tester.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by moebius

I agree with you there, but why the simplistic tests? External testers should be able to use their own equipment, place their own thermocouples etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm fine with the simplistic test setup as long as the tester is independent and knows what he is doing. That is why I still hope that the Defkalion test protocols will resurface sometime. But then it would be big news I guess.

But isn't it comical that the most exciting thing since fire seems to come from a person/company with the attitude of a snake oil salesman?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here is something that might be of interest: www.lpi.usra.edu...

Unfortunately it is just an abstract without a proper experimental protocol. One could also question why the hell undergraduates have been conducting the experiment.

Still interesting is that they show excess output in pulses which corresponds to Defkalions function description.

top topics

join