It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Global Warming Headline ... Evah!: "Global Warming is Making the World Colder"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Before I could copy the original article, Adelaide Now published a story from its Washington, D.C., correspondents regarding Arctic sea ice and northern hemisphere weather patterns (
Global Warming is Making the World Colder), but then, presumably after editors woke up or comments caught their attention, they altered the title to the more prosaic (and less revealing):
Melting Arctic ice causes snowier winters."

Luckily, others who noticed the absurdly revealing title got a screen-shot of it before it was "sanitized" (i.e., made more sane).

Credit to Creative Minority Report for their agility and persistence:

Greatest Global Warming Headline...Evah!

Is this more a reflection of how much the AGW faithful will say that anything is related to AGW, or a reflection of what they believe they can get away with from their readers and like-minded fearmongers?

jw
edit on 29-2-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You get a star and flag for this one

Now I keep having people talk about global warming, I thought it was climate change because it keeps changing from hot to cold (a nat geo article talked about the coming ice age in the 1890's).

But I still have people tell me about global warming.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the original title may have a been influenced by the below average summer we have just had in Adelaide. But its ok our new carbon tax will fix our naughty climate from constantly changing.
edit on 29-2-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ill preface by saying I am really not a believer of the current global warming rumors.

That's said, there are many VERY viable arguments that have been made by researchers that true and drastic global warming WOULD trigger an ice age.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
here's the actual article:

www.geo.tv...

where in it they talk about disappearing arctic ice. the "original" headline must have been written before someone had their morning coffee. the mistake doesn't say anything other than someone wasn't paying attention to what was actually written within the article. or it was a joke. just my silly opinion.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Increased global warming always precedes an Ice Age. This has happened time and again in this planet's history.
I can't fathom why people don't understand this yet.

The natural state of the planet earth is what we would call an "Ice Age."
The cold/warm ratio is around 80,000/15,000
We are currently at the tail end of one of these warm trends.

The world will return to its frozen state. Fact.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ambivalent about Anthropomorphic Global Warming. You can't find a non politically motivated opinion about it. I do know that research findings from NASA and CERN that diminished the theory were quickly hushed up and people were fired and threatened for publishing the truth. And in my little corner of the world, the weather isn't really any different than from when I was a kid(which was sadly 30+ years ago).

One thing I do know, I'd rather deal with the consequences of climate change than give up national sovereignty or agree to carbon taxes or any harebrained cap and trade nonsense. the sole purpose of those ideas are to kill competition and ensure the big boys will have their monopolies and power(and whose books will be cooked or who will be granted a waiver or given subsidies to offset the loss). No thanks.

Give me sea level rise before tyranny.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

As with any scientific theory, the true test is "falsifiability." Can you take a given theory and test it to see if it is false under certain circumstances.

For the AGW advocates, their greatest enemies are themselves and their "models."

Go back 10 years, 20 years, and look at what the models "predicted."

How do those "predictions" compare to the recent past and present day?

Global warming advocate Dr. Steven Schneider claimed the west Antarctic ice sheet could melt before the year 2000 and inundate American coastlines with up to 25 feet of sea level rise.
NCAR Forecast : Sea Level May Rise 15-25 Feet Before The Year 2000

What about federally-funded AGW prophet Mark Serreze, of the US National Snow and Ice Data Center, who predicted the complete loss of polar ice in 2008?
Exclusive: Scientists warn that there may be no ice at North Pole this summer
(As it turns out, the Arctic Ocean contained 1.65 million square miles of sea ice at its 2008 minimum.)

The false prophets of the AGW religion depend upon sensationalist headlines with no rational support to sustain the hysteria and their public funding.

Hansen falsely "predicted" NYC would be under water by 1998, then 2010, now 2020.

IPCC falsely claims no Himalayan glaciers within the next 25 years.

IPCC and climate "scientists" falsely predicted HUMAN migrations in the billions by 2010 due to AGW."Climate scientists" have falsely predicted total disappearance of Arctic ice by 1998, 2000, and 2008.

The AGW models intentionally do not account for factors the "climate scientists" agree influence climate.
The AGW models intentionally employ manipulated data and reject direct observation.

jw

new topics

top topics

join