It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dreamer and the dreamed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have a weird scenario to ask of you folks.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask it in...if not...Moderators please move to the appropriate forum.

Have you ever had a dream so real you wondered if you were waking up in the real world or waking up in the dream world? Lately...my dreams have been...well...just crazy and mind blowing...and I often wake up wondering which world I am in....is this normal? Could it be that we are indeed moving through multiple realities and we cling to this one or that one but the one today is not the same as yesterday? Could real and true reality honestly be a state of mind?

I know...it sounds crazy as a loon....but something feels astray...something feels weird....I cannot put a finger on it...I can't describe it....it's just a really weird feeling...

I like to think I am my own master...I understand the laws of physics and I have a pretty solid grasp on what is real and what is imaginary...I have a solid education and I know real from fantasy....

However...the last few days...it's like the universe has been turned inside out...just weirdness and odd happenings and I ask myself....can this be real or am I like suffering some kind of delusional state?...

Am I crazy? I feel like...sometimes...things are great...top of the world...and then...SHTF...and I somehow make it out ok...no major damage....but it is just too weird...like a movie script or something....it makes me just weird out and freak...something seems astray and I don't know how to describe it....

I am all ears man...the last week has made me nearly irrational....the dreams are sooo intense and the reality not too far behind it and I am like "wth is going on?" I am no one...why am I experiencing this weirdness in my life? Any clues? If I were someone special... I might could understand...but no really...I'm just joe average guy...and this is the weirdest crap have ever experienced and it is making me question my own sanity...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

It's like The Truman Show, isn't it? There are a lot of strange things happening around the world recently and the added stress isn't going to help. I like your insight on dimensional perspectives and can't really argue with it. There does often seem to be a correlation between life and quantum subjects that I don't quite understand, but you seem to have a better grasp.

I do not think you're losing your mind. Maybe you're gaining your mind. Things have been very weird lately. I wish I could offer more, but I don't know enough myself. Oddness does appear to be the order of the day, though.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, lately in the past couple of months and even more so in the past few weeks, I've been experiencing major episodes of Deja-vu regarding certain events (i.e. meeting certain people; showing up to a rainbow gathering for the first time; working on a spanish-tile roof with my dad for the first time; getting my first tarot reading which turned out to be pretty positive, definitely reflected what I had been going through in my life, and involved a spiritual awakening in the near/distant? future; sometimes seemingly menial tasks; etc) all of which I had the feeling of certainty that I had had a dream about the events a couple months to a year prior to them. If only I kept a dream log with which I could prove to myself that it wasn't simply my brain creating false memories. It's all pretty wierd and I'm not sure what to make of it! I usually make the interpretation that I am going down the right path (if I even have a choice, perhaps they are just minor spoilers to a preset script of destiny and fate?!)

Anyways, back to your experience, it would be interesting if, whenever we fell asleep, we went and played the roles of perhaps an infinite amount of other characters in other realities (time would be irrelevant in this case); each character seemingly unaware of the other, having the memories and experiences of their reality, and the only link between them was the silent awareness behind our thoughts (i.e. consciousness/spirit/soul), and perhaps the dreams we remember are the realities in which we experience the most similarities to our own right now.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Personally, I like to think of dreams as expressions of duality. The waveform counterpart to our waking particle reality. I say this because dream control methods apply equally well to the waking world, which i wont get into here.

I strongly disagree with dreams the idea of dreams being parallel dimension. You can't take what you see in dreams at face value, everything is an archetype. The real dream world is the archetypal superstructure made up from our densely interconnected archetypes.

I explain it here
www.dreamviews.org...
(yes, dreamviews is temporarily .org since it got hacked)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I just watched a new tv show on demand that deals with something like this. I had very realistic dreams as a kid, but don't often dream anymore. I will say that the most realistic dream I ever had was a couple years ago: I'm walking along the beach with someone (no idea who, I never turn to look at them I just know we are walking together).

Everything was so VIVID and it really stuck out to me because I'm color blind (red green) and have never been able to see beauty in color like that before. As I'm walking I'm watching the water next to me on the shoreline when I look up into the sky to see, at a good distance, a giant UFO gleaming incredibly in the sun light as it flew over the body of water I was next to at a high rate of speed.

It stopped on a dime, and then while spinning it went from horizontal to vertical and dived right into the water and out of sight, it caused a massive (!) splash/tidal wave which came right at me and, because of my distance resulted in me being lightly peppered with drops of water, which oddly felt very real, cool, and refeshing.

I'm fairly convinced this was a dream, but if any of them make me go "hmmm" it's that one. lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Dreams can be extremely realistic. When I was younger, I'd sometimes dream of a new toy and was then very dissapointed when I couldn't find it after waking up

I recommend reality checks. For example, when looking at your watch, try looking away and looking back at it. In a dream, it will most likely change - become pink, have 13 hours and stuff like that. It quickly becomes a habit.

Also, read about lucid dreaming. The techniques described will help you to recognize the dream world.
edit on 1/3/2012 by relu84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Commodorebob
Well, lately in the past couple of months and even more so in the past few weeks, I've been experiencing major episodes of Deja-vu regarding certain events (i.e. meeting certain people; showing up to a rainbow gathering for the first time; working on a spanish-tile roof with my dad for the first time; getting my first tarot reading which turned out to be pretty positive, definitely reflected what I had been going through in my life, and involved a spiritual awakening in the near/distant? future; sometimes seemingly menial tasks; etc) all of which I had the feeling of certainty that I had had a dream about the events a couple months to a year prior to them. If only I kept a dream log with which I could prove to myself that it wasn't simply my brain creating false memories. It's all pretty wierd and I'm not sure what to make of it! I usually make the interpretation that I am going down the right path (if I even have a choice, perhaps they are just minor spoilers to a preset script of destiny and fate?!)

Anyways, back to your experience, it would be interesting if, whenever we fell asleep, we went and played the roles of perhaps an infinite amount of other characters in other realities (time would be irrelevant in this case); each character seemingly unaware of the other, having the memories and experiences of their reality, and the only link between them was the silent awareness behind our thoughts (i.e. consciousness/spirit/soul), and perhaps the dreams we remember are the realities in which we experience the most similarities to our own right now.

My 9-year-old son and I watched the first episode of that new show, "Awake," yesterday and afterwards got into a discussion on the multiverse theory. (For those who haven't seen it, the main character of "Awake" is a cop who gets into a car accident with his family. From that point on, his reality splits in two -- he wakes up in the morning and his wife is alive but his son is dead; he goes to bed at night and "wakes up" and his wife is dead but his son is alive. He also has different crime cases in those different realities, but they seem to overlap, with weird synchronicities between them. Good show so far.)

So, my son and I were talking about the multiverse and how all this could possibly work, and what's reality and what are dreams, or if there even IS such a thing as dreams, and maybe it's all reality, like two different parallel universes. He said, "Maybe in those dreams where you almost die and then you wake up, maybe you ACTUALLY die in another reality, and then you just switch to this one and wake up, and it's like nothing happened."

Here on ATS, there are numerous threads on "dimension slips" where some people say they feel they died in an unavoidable car crash or other accidents that mysteriously never happened, even though they were two feet away from a head-on collision, etc.... and then all of a sudden the other car's gone and they're just traveling down their lane as before. So did those people wake up in a parallel reality, just living on?

I often have very vivid dreams where I live different lives, with different people, and those dreams are ONGOING, i.e., last week I might have met the people involved and took a vacation with them, this week I dream of the same group doing something else together. Also, in those ongoing dreams, I have a full memory set of my past with that group, what I did a week, a month, a year ago, etc. It's like a real life in nearly every aspect. Another thing: I often dream quite long time spans, e.g., my dream could span a period of days or weeks or even months, and then I wake up and realize only half an hour has gone by or so. It's quite interesting.

I'm getting kind of tired of regurgitating this, but I had this weird dream on 9/11: I was near Boston with my husband in his 18-wheeler; we woke up in the morning, listened to Howard Stern on the radio -- then he says the WTC is under attack and all that. We listen; it all felt surreal somehow. We went to a diner to have breakfast and watched TV there, together with lots of other people. We went back to the truck and I felt drowsy.

I told my husband I'd take a nap and dreamed of a completely ordinary day: We woke up in the truck in the same place, we listened to the radio for a while, we went to have breakfast at that diner, we went back to the truck... Then I woke up and said to my husband: "You know, I had the weirdest dream -- someone blew up the WTC with planes."

Then I realized THAT was the reality and the perfectly ordinary day had been the dream. I was dazed and confused all day, needless to say. I still feel that the ordinary day was the actual reality that should have happened, and that somehow I shifted timelines or whatever and started living the "crazy dream." Whenever I think about that day and that "reality shift," it's like this is all wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutGallery
Interesting thread, I just watched a new tv show on demand that deals with something like this. I had very realistic dreams as a kid, but don't often dream anymore. I will say that the most realistic dream I ever had was a couple years ago: I'm walking along the beach with someone (no idea who, I never turn to look at them I just know we are walking together).

Everything was so VIVID and it really stuck out to me because I'm color blind (red green) and have never been able to see beauty in color like that before. As I'm walking I'm watching the water next to me on the shoreline when I look up into the sky to see, at a good distance, a giant UFO gleaming incredibly in the sun light as it flew over the body of water I was next to at a high rate of speed.

It stopped on a dime, and then while spinning it went from horizontal to vertical and dived right into the water and out of sight, it caused a massive (!) splash/tidal wave which came right at me and, because of my distance resulted in me being lightly peppered with drops of water, which oddly felt very real, cool, and refeshing.

I'm fairly convinced this was a dream, but if any of them make me go "hmmm" it's that one. lol.

That's interesting... I had dreams about the same things, but separate from each other. I had two dreams -- also very vivid and extremely realistic-feeling -- where I saw HUGE mother ships in the sky, one was situated at night in Sedona, AZ, one in the daytime in my German hometown.

The other extremely vivid dream I had was that my husband and I went to a restaurant on the shore with big panorama windows, and a humungous tidal wave that somehow was alive and sentient came closer and closer towards us. The wave was composed of little wormy, semi-transparent things that looked like those Paisley patterns, and they had consciousness, and it seemed they didn't mean harm.

Interestingly, in none of the dreams I ever felt fear. I've also had vivid dreams of huge earthquakes and me in the midst of it, etc., but I'm never afraid. My state of mind is always detached/curious/awed, but never panicked.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well I think that is the issue...comprehension is slipping...reality is up for debate...and this is probably not good.

I am a pretty logical and scientifically based brain. I work in construction engineering and my grasp on reaity is based on mathematics. I admit...I see huge potential in areas we don't fully understand...and "dreaming" is one of them.

BTW...the "Awake" show was slap ass awesome...I enjoyed it! What a concept...nice to know imagination is still alive in Hollywood.

I have no words to describe how weird my dreams have been...I can say...with a release of breath and relaxation...they have toned down the last few days...

I do think...for no apparent reason....that we have a major issue coming....now is it climactic, political, astrophysical...?...I have no idea...I just have a gut punch feeling that something major is on the horizon....BUT...I am not trying to sell that to anyone...it's just a feeling I have...if I am wrong...that's cool. I would rather be wrong than right in this case. I think it is going to have something to do with food...not fuel...but hey...I hope I am wrong.

more to come...gotta check out for now...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
I often have very vivid dreams where I live different lives, with different people, and those dreams are ONGOING, i.e., last week I might have met the people involved and took a vacation with them, this week I dream of the same group doing something else together. Also, in those ongoing dreams, I have a full memory set of my past with that group, what I did a week, a month, a year ago, etc. It's like a real life in nearly every aspect. Another thing: I often dream quite long time spans, e.g., my dream could span a period of days or weeks or even months, and then I wake up and realize only half an hour has gone by or so. It's quite interesting.

Yep yep. I have a few other 'dream lives' that I seem to be experiencing in parallel with this life. When I'm 'there' I seem to forget about this life as if it's all a dream, and when I'm here it's the other way around. Different people, different story, different body and personality even.

Originally posted by Damrod
I understand the laws of physics...

I couldn't resist highlighting this gem. Could we get a troll in here to take this out of context already?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker

Originally posted by sylvie

Yep yep. I have a few other 'dream lives' that I seem to be experiencing in parallel with this life. When I'm 'there' I seem to forget about this life as if it's all a dream, and when I'm here it's the other way around. Different people, different story, different body and personality even.

Originally posted by Damrod
I understand the laws of physics...

I couldn't resist highlighting this gem. Could we get a troll in here to take this out of context already?

A troll?

I still think reality is somewhat undefined...there are real things that we have yet acknowledged or figured out a way to consistently document...but that is just my personal thoughts...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

try a search here on ATS for 2012.
there are ALOT of people feeling a change coming. And it seems to be more than the 'oh no, here comes the end of the mayan calendar'.
It's a change in Mother Earth and it's getting more intense everyday. Some can feel it, some can't.
There is a change happening in the magnetism, solar flares are more frequent, and of course more natural disasters are occurring.
the times, they are a changing.....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by Damrod

try a search here on ATS for 2012.
there are ALOT of people feeling a change coming. And it seems to be more than the 'oh no, here comes the end of the mayan calendar'.
It's a change in Mother Earth and it's getting more intense everyday. Some can feel it, some can't.
There is a change happening in the magnetism, solar flares are more frequent, and of course more natural disasters are occurring.
the times, they are a changing.....

Normally I play the role of skeptic in these types of forums and discussions...no seriously, I just do. When I said I had an understanding of engineering and physics...well...thats what I meant. I get how things work and that the "real" natural world and "real" history can be fascinating...no need to embellish it with mysticism and fantasy.

However...that being said...I just feel like things are off kilter. As I said, my dreams have been absolutely strange but thankfully, the last few nights have been "dreamless" as far as I can tell...no jerking awake in a torrent of sweat and anxiety.

I have always had a talent for empathy. I personally consider it a curse rather than a gift...at times it makes me somewhat hermit-ish...preferring to avoid crowds of people. I wouldn't say its a magical or psychic gift, I just have learned how to read people's faces and body language and I can sense when someone is in pain or suffering and I prefer to avoid experiencing that feeling. It's not pleasant and I am yet to see any use for it...aside from the fact it makes me an excellent conversationalist with people...I can talk to anyone...princes to peasants...if I had to pck an advantage to being somewhat empathetic...I'd say that is the only advantage to it.

But back to the dreams...I have had a psuedo repeating dream. It's like the same scenario but I am in different places and perhaps in a different person. It's the end of days (of course) and there are literally buses being loaded with people to take them to the next level of existence. There is chaos in the streets but those that have a bus ticket just stand there and nothing seems to ruffle them or interact with them...all the while I'm running around and trying to survive and it always ends the same...at the end of the dream, I am motioned to come get on a bus...but it is never before a wild rollercoaster ride of crazy crap...so...trying to be analytical in a dream interpretation...I have guessed that I have programmed myself that there can never be reward without struggle and sacrifice and this is what is playing out in my dreams...I eventually get my bus ticket, but not without struggle and sacrifice...

If this makes any sense to anyone...I'd sure love to hear it. I could get more specific and odd personal relationships I have in the dreams with people I don't even know...just weird...

But I always wake up feeling the same way...something is changing...something is coming....and time is running out...I know...it sounds scripted but...like it or not...this is the weirdness of my dreams...and they have been so real that I have actually woke up and checked my pants pockets lieing beside the bed for things from the dream...how's that for weird.

That is how I initially feel after the dream....thank goodness that the last few nights have been oblivious...I hit the pillow and I recall nothing...I assume I am dreaming before slipping into deep sleep but I have not been jolted awake so therefore I don't remember them...

It's weird, I know...I don't really think it has any practical value but...in the early morning hours...it's disturbing and painful and even if it's not a prophetic type dream, I'd like to know what my subconscious is trying to tell me...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

But back to the dreams...I have had a psuedo repeating dream. It's like the same scenario but I am in different places and perhaps in a different person. It's the end of days (of course) and there are literally buses being loaded with people to take them to the next level of existence. There is chaos in the streets but those that have a bus ticket just stand there and nothing seems to ruffle them or interact with them...all the while I'm running around and trying to survive and it always ends the same...at the end of the dream, I am motioned to come get on a bus...but it is never before a wild rollercoaster ride of crazy crap...so...trying to be analytical in a dream interpretation...I have guessed that I have programmed myself that there can never be reward without struggle and sacrifice and this is what is playing out in my dreams...I eventually get my bus ticket, but not without struggle and sacrifice...

according to my dream book you are spot on. 'waiting for a bus signifies setbacks which will be very temporary'....'traveling by bus indicates progress toward your heart's desire'...

But I always wake up feeling the same way...something is changing...something is coming....and time is running out...I know...it sounds scripted but...like it or not...this is the weirdness of my dreams...and they have been so real that I have actually woke up and checked my pants pockets lieing beside the bed for things from the dream...how's that for weird.

you are not alone. I think you are 'waking up', becoming aware. listen to your feelings. do not be afraid.
I like many others believe this year will not be an end but rather a new beginning.
Trust your feelings, dig deeper. learn all you can.
This goes waaaay beyond standard 'physics' thinking, this goes back to our roots so to speak.
Open your mind, you'll be fine.

top topics

join