It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke : congress needs to continue to spend and have tax cuts or else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bernanke warns lawmakers nation headed for 'massive fiscal cliff'

In remarks that hit Wall Street stock prices, the central bank boss suggested the economy could hit a serious roadblock if Congress allows the Bush tax rates and a payroll tax cut to expire and $1.2 trillion in spending cuts to be implemented simultaneously in January.

So Ben wants... more tax cuts... and more spending...
Ben, get off your meds...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Are you crazy, of course he does.

The more we use those federal reserves, the more indebted our society becomes and the richer he gets.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Are you crazy, of course he does.

The more we use those federal reserves, the more indebted our society becomes and the richer he gets.

Exactly! You nailed it. What crooks!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's called financial blackmail, and it was used for congress to approve TARP.

The fed has resorted to blackmail over and over again in order to bankrupt us. I don't expect congress to do anything except capitulate to Binky's demands. Our government has become a pawn, a joke, and an instrument of evil.

There is something about his face, the way he has a "I can do what I want and you can't do anything about it" smug look on his mug that infuriates me every time I see him.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Course he wants the tax cuts to remain..
The ones receiving the tax cuts are the same billionaires he shares a brandy with at the golf club.

Hang them all..
Slavery was meant to have been abolished.. yet, these people are still treating the nation as its personal slaves.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Can't put this into words without getting into trouble...so...

He's due for being told again.

"Congressman Paul, good to see you again"
- Bernake - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'd say that the reason that we are starting to see these kinds of reports in the MSM is because of the fact that the 100 year charter on the Federal Reserve system is about to expire (1913-2013). Just do a google or any other search to find out about that...

Let's hope they don't renew it for another 100 years. I don't think they could sweep the debt under the rug for another 100 years.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
They need to spend to create inflation. The only way inflation is created is by government spending. The fed doesn't spend anything.

new topics

top topics

join