It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal alien worked as a slave, paid 85 cents/h for 17 hours a day and slept in a closet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Putting all else aside, how can one possibly treat another human like this? I would never even treat my pet with such disregard let alone a human being. Mrs. George should be absolutely ashamed of herself for what was done to this woman. Immigrant, legal or illegal, really does not matter on an ethical ground. You allot to every human a basic moral minimum, even if it is below that of how you treat a neighbor or fellow countryman. But her being an immigrant likely had nothing to do with the ill-treatment, people such as Mrs. George would treat anyone not of upper class status in such a way, I am sure.

This does not change the fact that the woman is here in the United States illegally and should be deported immediately. The law does not care about a person’s situation or any sympathetic feelings towards them; it is meant to be enforced without any personal prejudice or beliefs.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ANOK

Are you serious?

Yeah.. I'm pretty serious?

Working as a slave for a few years to get money and citizenship? That's called indentured servitude ..

She's not an American.

She broke the law.

She should be deported.

(I really don't give a @#$ if you don't think there should be borders. There are borders. There will always be borders, so long as there are people like me around.)

People like you around? I really don't get this attitude, seriously. Illegal immigration is not the problem you think it is.

What is your problem with illegal immigration? They're taking jobs, causing the bad economy? You don't like to share? Is it just because it's a 'law', and you're a crusader for abiding by the 'law'? You believe the myth that because they are breaking a 'law' then they are likely to break others? Have you actually even researched what you think the problems are?

Illegal immigration is not a problem, it is a symptom of a problem we are all dealing with, economic injustice due to capitalist economies both in the US, and in Mexico etc. But it's easier to blame other people than it is to see that it's the economic system you support that is causing the problem.

Illegal immigration to the U.S. is not a problem to U.S. employers who maximize their profits on the backs of desperate people. Illegal immigration is no problem to the U.S. Social Security Administration that receives perhaps $7 billion annually due to contributions from undocumented workers who will never receive any benefits back from that system. And because the U.S. politicians want to ingratiate themselves with business and keep Social Security afloat, illegal immigration is no problem to them either.

www.borderexplorer.org...

Got A Problem? Blame It On Illegal Immigrants

It's a stupid issue to focus on when we are being bled dry by wars in the ME in order to further capitalist agendas.
People need to stick together we are not the problem, global capitalist corporations are.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The law does not care about a person’s situation or any sympathetic feelings towards them; it is meant to be enforced without any personal prejudice or beliefs.

That is a completely fascist way of looking at it.

The law should be able to be flexible when it needs to be. Some consideration, and compassion, for the situation should be allowed.

I would think being a slave for five years would be enough to pay for her "crimes".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

What is your problem with illegal immigration?

1. It's disrespectful to us as a country.
2. It cheats those that go through the process legally.
3. The horrific human rights issues surrounding the employment, trafficking, low pay and servitude of illegals.
4. Debasing the natural pay growth models by the influx low wage workers.
5. The cost of social services rendered to illegals at the cost to our financial security.
6. Crime.
7. Human trafficking.

And many other reasons..

it is a symptom of a problem we are all dealing with

I totally agree. I blame businesses and especially politicians more than illegals themselves. I don't blame "capitalism" (if you can call our system Capitalism..) I blame a specific philosophy of Capitalism: Keynesian Economics. The idea of perpetual growth..

But even if we lived in a Communist Utopia I would still be completely against immigration .. Nationalism exists in all form of economic models.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Fascism is a word far too overused and is definitely not descriptive of our current discussion. The strict enforcement of standing law does not equate to Fascism, regardless of how you try to spin it. Keep using the word so carelessly people will ignore it when there is a real time to use the word. Like the story of the boy crying wolf, the Left just cries Fascism.

Also, no I do not believe her spending five years in such horrible conditions should even remotely be considered doing her time. The fact is she resides here illegally and should be deported. There is no need for sob stories.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah whatever. If you understood that fascism includes extreme adherence to the state and it's laws, then you'd understand my use of the term was quite appropriate. Laws are not and should not be written in stone, you might as well just have a dictatorship and be done with it.

One of the reasons illegal immigration is not being dealt with in the US, is because it gives those really causing the problems a scapegoat for you to focus all your hate on. It's just a distraction from what the real threats are, just like the fear of terrorism is. You would do your country a better service by pointing out that jobs are disappearing because the cycle of capitalist exploitation has moved them all to countries they can exploit at a lower cost. Or how your tax dollars are being used to expand capitalist agendas for global control, monopolization, of the world economy.

That is the problem, not illegal immigration.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Not sure if you are aware or not but I am not a capitalist and have stated that on ATS. I know that exploitation and greed are the leading causes of mass immigration, illegal and legal. My objection to it is on three terms.

1. Big business/government exports jobs to poor nations for cheap production of mass consumer goods, which to me is virtual treason.
2. Big business/government imports poor immigrants into our nations for cheap exploitable labor, which is both inhumane and treasonous.
3. Big business/government uproot people from poor nations to bring them here, destroy the social fabric of the ‘host’ nation so as to easily exploit it, and all of this is blindly defended by social warriors on the Left and free-market warriors on the Right.

I am not blind to the situation nor do I blame the immigrants who are here. They were promised a good future with security, etc… If a lynch mob of nativists ever arose, as I stated on ATS before, hopefully they go for Washington not some place like China Town.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join