Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Illegal alien worked as a slave, paid 85 cents/h for 17 hours a day and slept in a closet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Feds Arrest Mansion Dweller In Servant Case

A New York woman who lives in a 34-room, 30,000-square-foot mansion is facing a federal criminal charge related to her employment of an illegal alien who allegedly served as a domestic servant in a “forced labor situation” that included her working 17-hour days, seven days a week, and sleeping in a walk-in closet.

She worked like that for 5+ years.

Sick woman...

I'm not sure jail is enough... maybe she could be sent to a North Korean labor camp for a year for punishment?
edit on 29-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I seen this on the news. It's sick and I hope the woman get's what she deserves, I don't know maybe turn the tables and force the family to serve her. Yeah, that sounds about right. I don't know about a labour camp though..hmm, maybe.
edit on 29/2/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Feds Arrest Mansion Dweller In Servant Case

I'm not sure jail is enough... maybe she could be sent to a North Korean labor camp for a year for punishment?
edit on 29-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Nahhhhhh. No less than 64 months. Fair is fair, right? Do unto others

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am sure she will not go to jail "money talks". she was released without bond so her million dollar lawyers will make sure this matter goes away. don't you just love the rich, there bloated ego's, there sense of entitlement. bunch of diamond encrusted maggots, they are whats wrong in this world people like this how many more situations like this are there out there I wonder?
I hope the now freed slave sues her for everything she has.....................................

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

She probably won't see much jail-time.. the worker will likely get a massive payoff though! She'll get back pay and then a nice substantial lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is why I frequently say people like this can't be human. They may look human. But their actions say they are abhorrent creatures. How can you do something like this to a fellow human being that has done nothing to deserve being treated like an animal or worse? Come to think of it, these creatures treat their animals better.

And then there's this:

According to a criminal complaint filed Monday against Annie George, 39, the servant entered the U.S. on a non immigrant visa in 1998 to work for the family of a United Nations employee. She began working for the Georges in late-2005 after being offered about $1000 per month, a substantial pay increase.

$1000 was a better offer?
McDonalds employees make that. So had they paid her what they promised, it was still insulting for the amount of work she did daily. What's wrong with these rich a-holes?
edit on 2/29/2012 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
She could have at-least gave her a guest bedroom....sheesh

How could you sleep at night knowing someone is kept prisoner in a closet while you have a king sized bed?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Rich people are more unethical and likely to cheat, break the law or plain behave badly towards other people, a new study has found

Rich people more unethical, likely to cheat and steal, study finds

So what happens to the illegal immigrant now?

edit on 2/29/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

taint the first time this has happened

been plenty over the past 10 yrs just like this story

mostly asian people enslaving asian women

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

She'll probably get her job back

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
She lives in a 34-room mansion but makes the woman sleep in a closet.
She's rich as **** but doesn't even pay the woman a dollar an hour.
What kind of greed is this? If you have that much money, I mean at least pay her a reasonable wage, especially when it won't even put a tiny dent into your own finances.

As someone else said, send her to a North Korea labor camp.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have always said and truly believe that the only way to get rich is to be evil and do illegal things.

You can own a business forever but if you dont cut corners and screw people as much as possible you will never be rich.

I'd rather be homeless.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

So what happens to the illegal immigrant now?

Take her millions from her law suit, though she should be deported she probably won't.. either way, wherever she ends up, she'll have it made.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
She lives in a 34-room mansion but makes the woman sleep in a closet.
She's rich as **** but doesn't even pay the woman a dollar an hour.
What kind of greed is this? If you have that much money, I mean at least pay her a reasonable wage, especially when it won't even put a tiny dent into your own finances.

As someone else said, send her to a North Korea labor camp.

That's how people get rich and stay rich.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Definately wrong. And the mansion owner should have to pay up. But there is something else wrong here. The illegal alien actually opted to take that job at $1000 a month. Many folks in this country opt to work illegally under the table and get payed less. Even true american citizens and not just illegals. This is a crime under the tax laws.

Obviously the package deal was not what she imagined. And I really would like a few more details. How was she forced to stay? Did they lock her in? Tie her up? Or did she stay of her own accord since she was illegal?

What I am trying to say is that this illegal alien broke our laws several times. But this doesn't make the wealthy mansion owner less of a criminal either. They were both wrong. And I think both should have to pay for their crimes.This wouldn't have even happened if it wasn't for 2 people both trying to skirt the laws.

And I feel that time served would be fine for the illegal alien. But she will also have to pay back taxes with penalties once she gets her windfall. Just like any american would. Now the wealthy mansion owner? Throw the book at her.
edit on 29-2-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
And it was still better then Mexico.

Story sounds like BS anyhow.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOven

Story sounds like BS anyhow.

Funny you said this. I swear this was an old story I heard of before. And the circumstances ended up coming out totally different from what was originaly published. Likely becuase this happens a lot.
edit on 29-2-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What a shame to live like that. I wonder if this is the future for the average American soon. Some of the ideas and attitudes coming from the far-right conservatives HONESTLY has me fearful that such a future for the whole country is a possibility if they were ever in majority in the future. Sickening feeling.
edit on 29-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Take her millions from her law suit, though she should be deported she probably won't.. either way, wherever she ends up, she'll have it made.

She was treated as a slave for five years and you think she should be deported?

Are you serious?

She should be given instant citizenship, and be compensated for the work she did. She should have it made imo, at the expense of the POS that enslaved her.

Kein mensch ist illegal or kmii!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Are you serious?

Yeah.. I'm pretty serious?

Working as a slave for a few years to get money and citizenship? That's called indentured servitude ..

She's not an American.

She broke the law.

She should be deported.

(I really don't give a @#$ if you don't think there should be borders. There are borders. There will always be borders, so long as there are people like me around.)
edit on 3/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join