It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when the day comes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well I figure if I am lucky I have a good 30 years or so left... we shall see which one of us is right

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well "the day" already came to me in 1984.
I was living in São Paulo ( the biggest Brazilian city) and I saw from my backyard a huge orange light with two white globes inside in a clean sky more or less 9 pm. I called my father my mother and a cousin and we saw that thing sending small "stars" that started to fly fast making 90 degrees turns in several directions.

The "mother ship" stayed for hours at same place. Later we saw two light globes half the size of the moon
making synchronized slow movements above some trees just 90 yards away from us.
They were moving like they were drawing squares and in the sky , then the one from the left take off fast vertically , the one from the right made a slow move to the left , then another slow 90 degree turn and also take off fast to the sky.

My parents did not say any word and just went to the bed, my cousin stayed with me,his legs were shaking visibly .
I thought that next day the TV and the radio would not talking about anything else...but they said nothing about the UFOs.
Decades later I found a small photo from that object in an English magazine and now a bad pic in the web.
www.forteanpix.co.uk...

edit on 1-3-2012 by Max Devoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by Max Devoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

I have already given up on the religion issue. I believe you! I have been taken by these beings! Im just waiting for the ships to land. What will I do when it all goes down? Laugh..and maybe get drunk..I have been through so much..basically all any of us can do is have somekind of Humor about all of it!! We are nothing more than pets to these beings!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You forgot to mention what if the disclosure is a giant mother spaceship like the size of the moon... appear in our blue or dark sky...

All hell break loose...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
So the question is...what will you do when that day of disclosure comes? Will you change religion (if you have one)? Try to make an alien friend? Attack one? Kill yourself upon realizing your inferiority? Apologize to those who you said were wrong? Basically, how will you change your way of life or thinking...or would you do anything in specific?

I would observe and evaluate with an open mind w/ caution.. I enjoyed the presentations you provided as well thanks for that

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would go collect a $500 bet from a couple people. Just has to happen before 2022.

I said "happen" ..... when really I was thinking "admitted"
edit on 1-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
So the question is...(1)what will you do when that day of disclosure comes? Will you change religion (if you have one)? (2)Try to make an alien friend? (3)Attack one? (4)Kill yourself upon realizing your inferiority? (5)Apologize to those who you said were wrong? (6)Basically, how will you change your way of life or thinking...(7)or would you do anything in specific?

1: What will I do when the day of disclosure comes?
Well, what kind of disclosure are we talking about? I mean it is pretty obvious (to me) that there would be other life in the universe, so if they came out and said "There is life out there" then I would respond "Yeah, so what?".

Now if you are saying that aliens are coming here. Well, I would be highly sceptical of this "disclosure". But assuming all checked out, and these were little green men from another planet. Then I would watch TV for a few hours, until I got bored with the going-ons. Then I would turn on my computer and play a few games, or watch some videos...

2: Would I make an alien friend
I have no idea, I don't even know if I am going to make a human friend in the future. If the opportunity arose, and the alien was a proper fit. Then sure, I would be their friend.

3: Would I attack an alien
Well, not if he/she was my friend from number 2!! If the aliens were asshats, then yeah I would defend myself. If defense means offense, then so be it.

4: Would I kill myself upon realizing my inferiority?
Umm what? Why are we inferior to the aliens? Well, maybe you are? As for me, I am neither better nor less than any other thing that "exists". If the aliens think they are better than me, well refer to number 3 above. Also, number 2 would be off, unless I was throwing it at the superior aliens.

PS: Don't give us humans too little credit, we are not as backwater as most think. Look what our ancestors did, those megalithic structures. We humans are pretty amazing, and I would think an alien would see this.

Oh yeah, I would not kill myself because aliens would not be superior.

5: Would I apologize to those I said were wrong?
Nope, because if aliens finally come. Guess what? They were not here to begin with, and I was right!

Looks like I deserve an apology in this hypothesis!

6 and 7

I would not change, I would be interested for a short time. Then my fickle human nature would move onto something that was more interesting. Just how the brain works. And remember, humans are just as awesome as aliens. Even more, because we are here right now!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I always wondered how religion would bend and twist to conform a world with known E.T's

Some will most certainly lose their faith, while others twist it into more solid proof of a god.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Four words
I TOLD YOU SO

lol

PLPL

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
If they come to conquer humanity, then I just may be ok with that. I think we would have earned it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

Lol I kinda agree. We need to be ruled or maybe just guided 99.9% of the time.

Originally posted by David291
Oh and Hellsing rocks

You understand everything then, you are Nosferatu. Star for you.
I just got it in blu-ray
www.youtube.com...

@adigregori, bro, those were just questions off the top of my head to get the ball rolling. They're not ones I ponder about myself (as evident with the response of how I would react on the day of disclosure given afterwards). Calm down, lol.

Tbh I kind of agree with the government's supposed view on it (and their reason for keeping it under wraps), people (average non-ATS user) would panic and feel threatened I think. I think the only way disclosure would be final is if aliens position gigantic crafts around the world for all to view. Otherwise, the governments (may) never fully disclose and people will always be in doubt.
edit on 1-3-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

What will you do when the day comes?

Finally feel comfortable discussing such far out subjects without being afraid of getting the 'crazy' look.
u2 all the haters(not skeptics, but the ones that think there is no other intelligent life out there) here and say TOLD YA SO!

But what do you do every DAY of your life when it hasn't happened YET?

Blame other people for the unfulfilled failure of your expectations?

Get used to getting that 'crazy' look for the rest of your life.

BTW, anybody who thinks the 'we've had visitors again' quotation is anything but an astronaut's inside joke don't have the reality-based common sense to be expected to spend their own money, or time, wisely. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

But what do you do every DAY of your life when it hasn't happened YET?

Blame other people for the unfulfilled failure of your expectations?

Get used to getting that 'crazy' look for the rest of your life.

Well howdy Jim.
No, everyday is not the same as it was a few years back before coming here. Hell I was new to utube also and eating up all those shaky resolution challenged videos, going out and exclaiming they are real. These days, I keep to myself, have figured out most if not all of what we have seen is ours. So no, I don't act 'crazy', so I no longer get crazy looks.

Blame others? Nah, that's not my MO man. Now I do hold a bit of contempt for those that claim we are the only intelligent life and there is just no way extraterrestrials exist or have ever visited us, or ever will. The universe is just too big and complex to assume such, imo.

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

I didn't think I was un-calm...

Just was offering my answers to the several questions

The only one that was a "jab" would have been the "are they already here" answer, where I stated I would be deserving of an apology. (Tired of seeing alien threads, but no aliens...kind of thing.) But even that was in jest, and not ment to be taken negativly.

If you want a super honest answer, the question needs to be re-asked. There is not enough variables included for me to make a proper assesment. (How did the aliens appear? How many appeared? Who did they contact first?) Now that I think about it, this thread has super potential if taken that way. (Not that it is a bad thread now, mind you!)

Anyway, glad I could offer another post!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope the day never comes .

about 3 years ago I had a terrible nightmare , in the dream there were masses of people all staring up at the sky at what seemed to be an amazing light show , everyone wore the same blank, vacant expression - I was running up to groups of people to plead with them to look away but it was as if I wasnt there and all the time I kept my gaze fixed firmly on the floor out of sheer terror .

Whatever it meant it certainly shook me up and I was disturbed by that dream for a long time afterwards - and since then I certainly feel that should the day of arrival ever occur then it'll be a pretty bad day for humanity .

yeah I know - I am a negative doom laden so and so - but thats just what I feel about this subject .

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If the day arrives, and they are peaceful, I will try to leave with them when they go. Anything to get off this rock full of moronic cavemen.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Honestly I don't think you have to wait for disclosure (like that will ever happen) to get in contact with an extraterrestrial. Granted it's not exactly easy, but i've devised a way or two that might be feasible. Hell for all I know i've already contacted one in a different state of consciousness (which has happened once or twice in the dream/out of body state) but I don't remember whilst awake. However what would I do? Ask for them to override their governing principles and fly mass sorties over major population centers. Wake us up from our destructive egoic ways. That and see if they wouldn't give me a go at zipping around the universe with them and possibly check out their home world.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I had a brief encounter with (possibly) an ET during an altered state of consciousness as well. I have to say...when the days comes...I'd probably try befriending them and see what they want with humanity or are willing to do for us. If they make themselves known (which is their choice, not ours) then they obviously have a reason for doing it. It's not to just say "hello" because then we'd all just be disturbed and they have nothing to gain from us anyway.

When they decide to make direct, global contact, it'll be for a big reason... so be ready for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join