It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Caught an Earthquake at Fukushima Nuclear Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I went to take a peek at the Fukushima Power Plant cam, and just happened to catch the earthquake a couple of hours ago. It didn't last long, but it shook hard for a couple of seconds, with horizontal and vertical movement. On USGS, it said it was a 5.4. Have to leave for work soon, but I just wanted to share it for all you earthquake fanatics (myself included:lol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 22:32:33 UTC
Thursday, March 01, 2012 at 07:32:33 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
54.3 km (33.7 miles)
Region
NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
10 km (6 miles) N of Mito, Honshu, Japan
53 km (32 miles) ESE of Utsunomiya, Honshu, Japan
75 km (46 miles) SSW of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
108 km (67 miles) NE of TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 15.2 km (9.4 miles); depth +/- 9 km (5.6 miles)
Parameters
NST=133, Nph=135, Dmin=203.7 km, Rmss=0.78 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=8
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb00088sq
earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 2/29/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, added map

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sitting here not even knowing what to reply or say....

There is no emoticon that expresses how worrying this is.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

OK, I don't see anything in the video that gets my back up but I am terrified of the Fukushima disaster in general. I've always thought that it was a mid-quake away from ruining the eastern seaboard of Japan. Let's hope I'm wrong.
edit on 29-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I dont see anything either

Care to tell us where in the video to look?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

per youtube...but I didn't notice much either...

Skip to 2:12 to see the earthquake..Just happened to catch a 5.4 that happened at the Fukushika Nuclear Power Plant. It didn't last long but it could be a sign of things to come. There was veritical and horizontal movement this time.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Its like when mother nature gets started, it doesn't stop. Christchurch in NewZealand is similar. It seems the ripples of aftermath earthquakes intensify in an area that has already been hit by so much.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
it starts around 1:25 ish. i missed it at first because i skipped through too far but there's definitely some crazy movement!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here it is today.... The whole plant is glowing. That big light I have been talking about seems to have spread out. I hope it is just new lighting, but in all my time looking at this cam, I have never seen the whole thing like this. I hope it's nothing.

This is what it has looked like for months until yesterday

edit on 3/1/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
okay, that can't just be a complete coincidence that it looked one way for a long time then there's a quake and now that crazy light is brighter!!!! that makes me really think the light you've been watching is not just a light. why would they put up new lights immediately following the quake? the new "light" is really REALLY disturbing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Not sure if I'm going to agree with you on this one. Looks way more like scattered light from very heavy fog in the area, not the plant glowing (in those vids).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's not good. Not good at all. Let's hope nothing goes boom.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Sure...the earthquake starts at around 1:25 in the video

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I know. I had begun to agree it was just a parking lot light, but I'm really wondering now. I have posted all the video showing how it spread from that glow to a big concentrated dome of light within about an hour. I don't know what to think about it now. Here's the link to the thread with all the video on the light changing so much.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So sorry...you're right....the earthquake starts after 1:25. I am terrible at multitasking

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Quality spot there, thanks very much. As an earthquaker, i can't help feeling you had a little dance while spotting that one!

Anyway, now you have caught it, it would be a good idea to put it back!

Did anyone see the radiation reports the other week from the Pacific? It appears they have found the radiation from Fukushima in sea currents, measured it and found it is actually far LESS than local background radiation. The lead scientist actually said he would be very happy to eat sea food caught in these currents as the levels of Caesium 137 (or whichever the nasty one is) were far lower than levels on Potassium whatever (natural radiation everywhere) - as you can tell from the description, i am a full nuclear physicist!

They did qualify this by saying that they weren't allowed to measure within 30km of the plant itself.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I thought so too...but it changed from that to a huge bright light (like a bubble of light)....I watched it grow in size. It could be nothing....but it just looked freaky! Here is how it looked a short time later.

There is more video of it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

wow. i watched all the videos and the one with the blue flash.... CRAZY. i wonder what the hell that was???? in the other thread.... the people that can't see the quake probably didn't watch the whole video because it's pretty clear shaking. i did have to look at it more than once because i was trying to skip through but once i saw it it was pretty obvious.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

hee hee...well I sure as h*** am not a nuclear scientist either
I wouldn't eat seafood from that water any more than the Gulf of Mexico! I do remember seeing a thread about the temperatures inside one of the reactors getting very high recently. There are still problems there. Like I said, this light and all could be nothing, but I just can't shake the feeling that all is not right there. It just doesn't look right. I hope I am very wrong about that.....and I admit I could be.....but.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I agree. I have never seen that and I have watched it a long time (the blue light). Normally, there is a shift in light as daylight comes and the camera adjusts, but not a bright blue flash of the whole place. I wish I knew how to cut the earthquake vid to only the shaking part....it does have a couple of very hard horizontal and vertical jolts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join