Evidence for the Spirit/Soul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by greyer

Since my own father was a minister, my first thoughts about the soul came to me from what my own family believed. As I became older, science was introduced to my belief system. I think that if our thoughts were somehow able to survive our bodies, and our own thoughts are, evil, tortured (or whatever...) then perhaps a type of trapped hell is created for eternity. Perhaps this is what religion has been trying to explain...

Yes it is like a memory since the universe is conscious.

Now in the last 10 years science is in a final breakthrough which will prove the existence of God scientifically, I assume in the next 100 year science will surely prove the existence of God. We had many theories in the last 30 years or more about quantum mechanics and many good things based on the amazing function of the atom but they are not proof that the universe in conscious. However a large percentage of the world believes the universe is conscious, yet the scientists battle those with faith and those with faith say 'don't ever start thinking in the realms of science.'

I say that we are incredible gifted to have come up with the hubble telescope, because for the first time in history we are able to see into deep space. No person of religion or faith can say that what we physically see in the universe is not creation of the divine because it is visible, and no person of scientific education can say that the solar system was not eventually made with consciousness because there is no way that the sun and moon can align up in that distance of space for an eclipse and be able to be predicted in math if it wasn't for a consciously divine solar system, and since we can now see other solar systems being created in nebulas it is easy to see that the name 'uni' verse is correct in saying it is all one universe.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
My question to anyone who reads this thead is this...

DO you believe the soul/spirit exists?

Yes Akragon, 1 believes the Soul/Spirit/Internal energy exist
and can be found to inhabit various environment suits some fit with atmospheric canisters to filter the local atmosphere or particulate inhalable material.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

That experiment was carried out by Dr. Duncan MacDougall in 1907. The study has been repeatedly discredited though, I've read that it was basically bad science. Apparently MacDougall saw a loss of weight in the bodies, and immediately attributed that weight loss to the escaping of a soul without considering other variables like exhalation or bowel movements/flatulence etc. And he never repeated the study.

By the way, I believe in souls. Not trying to kick you in the butt here or anything haha.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join