It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undermining the Fabric of Reality With Magick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372

I have no interest in magic. To each their own. IT BELONGS IN BTS. Deny not bathe

If you have no interest in this, stay out of the "Paranormal."

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
I have no interest in magic.

I've understand that.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372 I have no interest in magic. To each their own.
Then why are you aggressively participating in a thread about magic?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Sublime,

If you have no interest in magic, then you have no idea about it. So why should you be so rude and offending to Cassie from the get go?? If you said it in a different tone, there would be no warning.

Back on topic.

I've read lots of different stories on reality creation and Cassie's story doesn't differ from them one bit. Or are all those stories bogus also??

Here's a sample:

realityshifters.com...

Or maybe all these people are wrong or misinterpreting something??

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Bandit....Do you really beleive this---->

So one night I do a spell so I can get everything I want from this job. The next day the president calls me into the office, says I'm a genius (chortle), and gives me a huge raise (thousands of dollars) & a promotion. Then he says he's been noticing how my immediate superior has been picking on me, and asked me if I would like to straighten her out. So I said: "sure." And he goes and screams at her until she bursts into tears. Meanwhile, evil me was in heaven:

Do you? OMG. And one more thing...I was done with this thread untill you OVERSTEPPED YOUR AUTHORITY !!!!!! Im stickin to my story! I refuse to give this garbage post anymore points. I wish you contact me DIRECTLY and justify this, instead of nursing a bogus thread......

Im out. Thanks Bandit for giving me a whole different outlook on this site. I thought it was here for serious discussions. Not fairey tales...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My point is that I've made posts of my experiences that also seem weird, cliche and incredible. I'm being neutral plain and simple. Cassie knows that if what she said is false, that she's violating the terms and conditions and is risking being banned. But there is no proof that she's lying. It's your assumption, based on your deductions. That's all. And furthermore, I've read similar stories in different places and I have experienced my own strange stuff.

Cassie is brave enough to post her experience, whether it was true or not for two reasons: 1. If the story is true, the risk would be great that there were members like you to who will try to ridicule or debunk her story, or just dismiss it as b.s. because of their own logic or assumptions. Or 2. Like I said before, if the story is false, she can be warned or post-banned, or banned.

In these situations first we have to take the benefit of the doubt of course, and not assume from the get go that the person is lying. We might as well ban 80% or 90% of all members (including mods like myself) then for their stories.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
AGAIN PEOPLE AND MODS...THE ONLY REASON YOU SEE ME IN THIS POST IN CUZ ON A POINT DEDUCTION AND LITTLE RED UNDESERVED FLAG. IF YOU BELIEVE

So one night I do a spell so I can get everything I want from this job. The next day the president calls me into the office, says I'm a genius (chortle), and gives me a huge raise (thousands of dollars) & a promotion. Then he says he's been noticing how my immediate superior has been picking on me, and asked me if I would like to straighten her out. So I said: "sure." And he goes and screams at her until she bursts into tears. Meanwhile, evil me was in heaven:

THEN HOW CAN YOU MODERATE A ROOM? outlandish stories are the norm here, and are usually backed up by something, ANYTHING! BTS BTS BTS. reply all ya want. I AM DONEwith this "thread". I cant take the "logic" any longer.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I never said I believe it. There are a huge amount of things in this forum that I don't believe, but yet I leave them there. I actually stick up for some of them, not because of whether I believe their post or not. Because they have the same right to post just as you have your right to post. What I believe in has nothing to do with my moderation here. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Cassie was right and Sublime was wrong...

c'mon sublime just tell em what they want to hear not what you believe..

I give this post 60secs before it is sensored but before this occurs, which ever moderator who does this..

There are many who share the opinion that you can only state an opinion if a mod agrees with it..

oh and Skeptic Overlord.. this is what I mean by sensorship in the U2U...

laterz.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto oh and Skeptic Overlord.. this is what I mean by sensorship in the U2U...
I don't understand. We're encouraging discussion on a topic some members enjoy, while attempting to moderate disruptive members intent on nothing more than disruption. For that, sublime4372 was banned. If you feel that controlling the actions of hateful and disruptive members in censorship, then there is very little we can do to help you understand. We've been patient. Until now. This board has thousands of members visiting every day and tens-of-thousands of guests reading what those members create. When our staff need to spend an inordinate amount of time on one or two disruptive members, the end result is typically banning. We must focus on what's best for the entire community by demanding that manners and decorum prevail.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
We might as well ban 80% or 90% of all members (including mods like myself) then for their stories.

Ain't that the truth.
I believe though that those who are well intuned can distinguish for the most part between what is sincere (even if they don't believe in it themselves) & the insincere (trash).

I personally don't buy into the idea presented in the title.

What I enjoy most here is SkepticOverlord's participation. He's posting in the paranormal forum. That's as rare as a close encounter with a UFO.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You two got a good laugh from this? What was the point? What exactly did he say?
He told her to stop picking on me & that she thinks she's such a big deal but she's really a nothing, and if he hears her insult me one more time he's gonna fire her. Oh, and the VP was in there yelling at her too. I got more than a good laugh from it. I think I got an orgasm from it.

Hey Cass,
I got such a big laugh from this come back(no pun intended),
thatI know i've been cured of some illness I must have had.
Good karma comming at you!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Everything I posted was 100% true. But I know those things violate what is considered consensus reality. So I do not blame people if they do not believe me. You can only truly believe these things when you witness them. When you witness those things that violate consensus reality for the first time, you become very very scared. You don't tell anybody. But you might start doing some discreet research.

Here are two titles of books that are considered "mainstream" science & psychology--not so-called "crackpot" books from esoteric publishers. These books describe the mechanics of some of what I am talking about. They do so in a very clear, easy-to-read manner. They are best-sellers and their target audience are not New Agers but mainstream society:
* The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
* The Magic Of Believing by Claude Bristol
Please read these two books carefully & then tell me with 100% assurance that you believe that everything I wrote in my posts are impossible.

How do I prove these things are real? The two women I worked for at that particular company were witness to an incident where I left the conference room after fighting with my supervisor & immediately afterwards a coffee cup jumped off the table and fell onto the floor. So I guess I have witnesses to that...but if I asked them to testify & they looked at what I wrote, I guess I'd have a lot of 'splaining to do. Honestly: when they screamed & told me what had happened, even I didn't believe it. I still don't 100% believe that coffee cup jumped off the table--even I can't believe these things unless I experience it. I don't even 75% believe that the coffee cup jumped. It's too weird. So I understand & accept when people say my stories are not credible. And yeah, several years later I saw a similar scene in the X-Files. Does that mean ipso-facto I made the whole thing up? Has nothing that has happened in one's life ever "play out" in a TV show or movie you see somewhere later along the line? Frankly, when I see something in X-Files or Buffy the Vampire Slayer that resonates with a previous experience, I don't get all like "oh no, since it is in a fictional program, it must invalidate my experience somehow!" Instead I think: hey, that's pretty cool! Cool beans! Yeah, people who hear my stories will be like: oh, you just saw that on Buffy & you're just making it up! Who cares? I know what has happened to me in my own life & I'm not getting any gold-stars whether others believe me or not.

If any of you ever run into situations where you witness something that violates consensus reality, expect the following if you tell people:
1) 80% will either laugh at you or question your sanity.
2) 10% will believe you at least in part & be ok with it.
3) 10% will believe you at least in part, get deeply disturbed by the idea of a violation to their idea of reality, and either a) attack you viciously & say they don't believe you or b) attack you viciously and say that you are in league with Satan.
I have had people who have told me I'm crazy. I have had people who have told me that I am a devil-worshipper. And yeah, I've had people who have offered me money to do spells for them.

As my boyfriend--who has done tons of "Darren from Bewitched" double-takes at bizarre occurences since he's met me--likes to say: "Living with you is never boring." So whatever people say--I like not being boring, and I'm glad I've tossed you a bit a strangeness (whether you believe that strangeness or not).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join