It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undermining the Fabric of Reality With Magick

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
I must agree with sublime4372, no comment was used to state that Magick was in any way a load of rubbish, only that the story told by Cassie was a little far fetched.

I'll be the first to admit it sounds far-fetched. It's better for me if people laugh it off and consider it far-fetched.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
[quote
The type of magick, i wouldn't partake in is the weaving of spells, incantations, rituals, etc to change or benefit an individual or situation, i believe that is the type of magick that cassie means.

It is a wise decision to not start engaging in this stuff. I've placed myself in it pretty deep, & I guess in some ways I'm really screwed. At first it works great, then things get screwed up. And then you do more to fix the screwed up stuff. And then lo and behold another miracle, only now things are screwed up somewhere else. And then you try to fix it. And then you quit. And then you get extremely ill for no reason & realize that you've insulted the forces that gave you all this stuff in the first place. So then you go back. And everything starts all over again. And there really is nobody you can talk to about it. The "common man" doesn't believe in it. Those few that do are usually scared s**t of you. Wiccans think it's immoral & give you speaches about White Magic. Many Pagans in general will think you're the equivalent of a dope addict & opened up some baaaad karma. You might find a few people who are practicing as you are, magickians--but you have to be careful, some enter into a competition with you to see who can boast the most wicked s**t.

But nobody who sees me in everyday life suspects any of this. I look like the most boring conservative person in the entire world. Sometimes I even wear my little gold crucifix. It's a great cover.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sublime, you could've made your point in a much more civilized and respectful way. And how do you expect her to proof something like that on a message board? How do you expect members, including myself to prove most of the stuff they've claimed to have done.
I've done and experienced some things, can I prove them here to others??? No!!!

And as for magick and reality, the "side effects" of magick depend wholly on your beliefs and your frame of mind. Reality is suboordinate to your subconscious mind, which on it's turn is suboordinate to your conscious input, unless the input conflicts with what is already there.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Magick does not interfere with reality! It is simply learning to mold or use existing energies. It is also to be used with intelligence and responsibility....to do otherwise shows your not anywhere near ready to be delving into such things! Don't play games with the universe. She tends to play back 3 fold!

[edit on 9/21/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Quote: "It is also to be used with intelligence and responsibility....to do otherwise shows your not anywhere near ready to be delving into such things! Don't play games with the universe. She tends to play back 3 fold!"

Agreed!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Don't play games with the universe. She tends to play back 3 fold!

[edit on 9/21/2004 by LadyV]

I'm waaaaaay beyond that point V. What I mean to say is: I've done so much at this point that there is no way to get out of it. I've got so many sigils & spells & little spell packets about that I've forgotten what they all were for--the forgetting of which, I've read, only makes them more potent because my conscious attention to them has been eliminated.

There is a passage in the Bible about how Jesus will forgive even blaspheming Him, but He won't forgive you blaspheming the Holy Spirit. That is the only thing the "forgiveness of sins" doesn't cover. Theologians have argued about what the heck that exactly means. I believe it means when you interfere with the Divine Plan using magick. By asking the things I've asked for, for having these things come true again & again in the face of all prevailing logic, I believe I've screwed up somehow. The only thing I can do now is accept it and live with it. I could tell you more things, give you concrete examples of why I feel things have gotten screwy, but I don't think you'd like to hear it. Nothing illegal or "bad" in terms of the consensus reality--in fact if I told it, most people would laugh their asses off, just laugh & laugh their asses off. And a handful would get very very upset with me.

Remember that story about L Ron Hubbard & Jack Parsons (was it Parsons?) out in the desert, doing that invocation & how some of the more esoteric conspiracy theorists and UFOlogists say that it opened up a portal of some kind & that's why we've had a sharp increase in UFO & "alien" activity ever since? This, to me, if it was true, is an example of undermining the fabric of reality.

And as for the unbelievers: like I said, they are my friends. If all those people were really believers, there would be a lot of dead and burnt witches all over the globe right now.

And I'm only kidding, of course. None of this stuff is true. Obviously.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Quote: "I believe it means when you interfere with the Divine Plan using Magick."

Yeah but you see the above statement is So Relative! So you presume to know God's Plan? If Magick is a Natural Force what makes you think that God didn't Plan for us to Evolve & Harness its Forces? As for the Dark Side & Destructiveness & Negativity - Its also a Part of Human Nature unfortunately - two sides to the same Coin as they say. You have to take the Bad with the Good - they both exist based off of each other. It�s a Good thing God gave us the Free Will to choose huh!

As for the "Holy Spirit". In Catholicism there is something called the Holy Trinity - it goes like this -> "God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit". If "God" is Male in the first two Instances - can you guess what energy the Third Instance Encapsulates?

BTW -> Yes Parsons -> It's called the "Babalon Working".

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
As for the Dark Side & Destructiveness & Negativity - Its also a Part of Human Nature unfortunately - two sides to the same Coin as they say. You have to take the Bad with the Good - they both exist based off of each other. It�s a Good thing God gave us the Free Will to choose huh!

If the Dark Side is quality that is natural and necessary, why is it a bad thing? Why do we have to suppress it? Can't we let it out just a little bit to keep the balance? I don't mean like hurting little kids or putting kittens in the microwave...but you know, by maybe just taking a little harmless magical revenge on a person who has been mean to you for no reason? I know it will come back times 3...but if I don't defend myself, the ulcers, stress symptoms, and decrease in the quality of my life as the result of these jokers will plague me any way. And I'm not 100% sure about the rule of three anyway...the Bible is full of lamentations of the fact that rich people who treat others like crap may indeed have a full & happy life, and so will their kids. That maybe there isn't really a checks & balances like we wish there was.

Oh, and yes, the Babalon Working...that Parsons was a card, wasn't he?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
1) There is no "reality". It's all in our heads. It is quite possible then to shape it in anyway

2) Somebody said that "magic" is for losers, whilst the "magick" is for real users. Maybe there are even cooler things like "magiq", or "magicq". Who knows?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Quote: "Why do we have to suppress it?"

You know suppressing it actually makes it worse. Society is funny like that - they are sending out Conflicting Messages. Everywhere you look they try to Sell stuff with Advertising featuring (TA, DA) SEX!!! Then you have the Conservative Religious Fundamentalist "Moral Majority" - that puts out the Opposite - Sex is Bad, Wrong,
�Evil�, �Sinful�, Blah, Blah, Blah!

This is PURE CRAP - Sex is Natural! It is an Expression of Love & how the Race Perpetuates itself. If you are in it purely for Carnalities Sake on the other hand - you Degrade it & are in High Risk of catching an STD. See you have to Balance it!!!

I find that this is Unhealthy - to keep things bottled up - People need to Express themselves!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Sublime, you could've made your point in a much more civilized and respectful way. And how do you expect her to proof something like that on a message board? How do you expect members, including myself to prove most of the stuff they've claimed to have done.

And as for magick and reality, the "side effects" of magick depend wholly on your beliefs and your frame of mind. Reality is suboordinate to your subconscious mind, which on it's turn is suboordinate to your conscious input, unless the input conflicts with what is already there.

Well, bandit, Im sorry, but its pure garbage. I havent attacked anyone personally, have not used any obscenities, but I cant believe that you rush in to aid this obvious half baked story.
I expect more out of this site than,

The next day the president calls me into the office, says I'm a genius (chortle), and gives me a huge raise (thousands of dollars) & a promotion. Then he says he's been noticing how my immediate superior has been picking on me, and asked me if I would like to straighten her out. So I said: "sure." And he goes and screams at her until she bursts into tears.

And you slap ME with a warning? whatever..

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Well, bandit, Im sorry, but its pure garbage. I havent attacked anyone personally, have not used any obscenities, but I cant believe that you rush in to aid this obvious half baked story.
I expect more out of this site than,

The next day the president calls me into the office, says I'm a genius (chortle), and gives me a huge raise (thousands of dollars) & a promotion. Then he says he's been noticing how my immediate superior has been picking on me, and asked me if I would like to straighten her out. So I said: "sure." And he goes and screams at her until she bursts into tears.

And you slap ME with a warning? whatever..

You gave a WARNING...!!! you have GOT TO BE JOKING!!! There is no reason why a warning should have been given, this is a blatently disgusting misuse of administration rights!!!

Warnings are issued under the following basis...

ABOUT ATS: Staff Warnings

General Warnings:
If you engage in abusive behavior, or otherwise engage in activity that conflicts with our Terms and Conditions, you may receive a warning from forum staff. Warnings last 72 hours, and always are accompanied by a points penalty. If you accumulate 5 active warnings, you will automatically receive a temporary posting ban.

Please be aware that depending on the severity of your actions, you may be warned more than once for the same offense by our staff. If you receive a warning, it might be a good idea to return to the post that caused the warning, and consider removing the offensive material. We do maintain a log of all warnings applied to members for our staff to review, but there have been occasions where a severe offense has received more than one warning from more than on staff member.

There are no specific rules to follow, just don't displease the management... this just seems like you are victimising this person for having a different view... I have read the original response and saw nothing offensive or aggressive in it, purley that this was a particularly far fetched story.. If the story were true then there is no need for the recipient of such a statment to take offence, which I believe has not occured. Therefore, I ask that you remove the warning as the application of such would mean that yourself would have to receive a warning for contradicting and punishing the speaker because of a differing opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hey Klepto, thnks 4 seein my side here. My jaw dropped. You seen the Lear post? That got vicious. This is more like a cop with an itchy trigger finger. And I'm stickin to my story. The story is just that, a STORY. Still waiting Cassie...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Sublime : But if you believe all this story is just lied, why didn't you just remaint silent and ignored this post ?

You came and start judging things that you don't understand, just like morons do. You warning is deserved, really.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Please remain on topic in this thread.
If you have any concerns, feel free to contact a mod or admin privately.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Sublime : But if you believe all this story is just lied, why didn't you just remaint silent and ignored this post ?

You came and start judging things that you don't understand, just like morons do. You warning is deserved, really.

Surely the fact that Sublime wantedf to view the thread was because it interested him, he was not debunking the idea of magick, only stating that the story that Cassie made was quite hard to believe, which Cassie stated herself that she expected for people to disbelieve..

by cassie

I'll be the first to admit it sounds far-fetched. It's better for me if people laugh it off and consider it far-fetched.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Listen...First of all the only thing I judged was the story. That was it. Im still WAITING CASSIE.... I have my own personal beliefs on "magic" which I have and will CONTINUE to keep to myself.

However, due to my relentless search for the truth in things I couldnt pass this one up. The whole bending reality thing, sure I know nothing, didnt pretend to. But this thread is based on an episode of a tv show. It belongs in BTS and not taking up space here. THATS BEEN MY POINT FROM THE BEGINING !!!!!

Oh, ya, one more thing. Hey Mods? I get one, but not him?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't see about what TV show your are talking about. Cassie is talking about the relation between reality and "realm" (The distortion of reality).

In fact, to understand her point, you should first take councious that reality is not single but realities are. For example, you know that human being biologically have a different perception of the world from animals. Cats can see in the dark, and the world for a ant is limited to the colony, for example.

Even between humans, the perception of reality will change depending of you senses. Some people can't see some colors, and often, people have a different vision of the three dimensions, depending on the form of them retina.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
About the mind-control stuff, and the cassie's boss reaction, I know some people who really have a psychic persuasion power. But that's a gift of nature, and I can't tell why they got it.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

For example: I was at this job where I was going nowhere, treated like a non-entity, and had my immediate superior be nasty to me all day. So one night I do a spell so I can get everything I want from this job. The next day the president calls me into the office, says I'm a genius (chortle), and gives me a huge raise (thousands of dollars) & a promotion. Then he says he's been noticing how my immediate superior has been picking on me, and asked me if I would like to straighten her out. So I said: "sure." And he goes and screams at her until she bursts into tears. Meanwhile, evil me was in heaven:

this is made up....dont you get it?? I have no interest in magic. To each their own. IT BELONGS IN BTS. Deny not bathe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join