It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(UFO) Arthur C. Clarke Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ok my fellow ATS,UFO, Fans, I just have to present this video. I really don't know what to think of it.

One would think I have been a member long enough around here to have learned a few things, and lord knows I have really tried to do that.

This video or capture has me a bit befuddled and Im not sure if I should feel silly about it, or there is a good reason for my befuddlement.

This video is captured in night vision. Now usually, most the night vision captures seem to appear darker to me. Especially when i watch full screen or hd. This video appears more "bright blue." So is this a clue one way or the other that this video may be bs? Or, just a real sweet camera? I don't know, hopefully the pros around here will educate me more on this point.

Now more about the video before you watch so you will know...
It is a capture of a huge orb type light.... it drifts to the right for about 1:15 seconds, then it seems to make a suttle turn and go back left until around the 2:25 mark where is appears to accelerate away.
So make sure you watch for those marks at least.

The quality is pretty good, (another clue?), and it seems the camera is acting natural in the following of the object.

Good news, no stupid music.

I left the title the same out of respect to the original you tube poster

edit on 29/2/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/2/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Ok my fellow ATS,UFO, Fans, I just have to present this video. I really don't know what to think of it.

One would think I have been a member long enough around here to have learned a few things, and lord knows I have really tried to do that.

This video or capture has me a bit befuddled and Im not sure if I should feel silly about it, or there is a good reason for my befuddlement.

This video is captured in night vision. Now usually, most the night vision captures seem to appear darker to me. Especially when i watch full screen or hd. This video appears more "bright blue." So is this a clue one way or the other that this video may be bs? Or, just a real sweet camera? I don't know, hopefully the pros around here will educate me more on this point.

Now more about the video before you watch so you will know...
It is a capture of a huge orb type light.... it drifts to the right for about 1:15 seconds, then it seems to make a suttle turn and go back left until around the 2:25 mark where is appears to accelerate away.
So make sure you watch for those marks at least.

The quality is pretty good, (another clue?), and it seems the camera is acting natural in the following of the object.

Good news, no stupid music.

I left the title the same out of respect to the original you tube poster

Enjoyable video. While I'm no expert, I accept the blue color as I've seen it before when videocameras shoot in other than normal. At 2:25 the object doesn't speed away, all I see is the lens opening up a little. Then around 2:40 the object seems to move away rapidly but gentle acceleration.

Thanks for posting it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Shame that in the ONLY point the object seems to change direction by 180 degrees the camera loses focus...

Interesting video though!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

lol, I may have gotten my times wrong a bit. When it starts to move away is after a light from another source comes into view. Seems the person taking the video adjusted to that. Still though, it had to be moving pretty fast even if it did appear smooth...

I dunno, this one has me scratching my head. Hope more members come take a looksie. Im always willing to learn.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Please watch the background stars. The object does not turn, the camera is rotated.

It's a satellite.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here is another clip of the same video.At around the 1:40 to 1:46 there appears to be another object that travel´s either in front or right through the main UFO.Great video.

You Tube Link
edit on 29-2-2012 by November5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Please watch the background stars. The object does not turn, the camera is rotated.

It's a satellite.

You need to pay better attention to the background stars. the camera simply moves down to keep tracking the object. It does not rotate 180 degrees!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 29-2-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: stupid post

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Here are two screen grabs. Showing part of the rotation with four identifiable stars. Because the camera shake is so bad while being rotated (Did you notice that? Interesting isn't it?) they are the only ones that are of much use.
I have the top of the screen frame in one and the bottom of the screen frame in the other to show that I have not rotated the images.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

You need to pay better attention to the background stars. the camera simply moves down to keep tracking the object. It does not rotate 180 degrees!

Watch the part at 1:10 to 1:25, the camera clearly rotates.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Camera was rotated. Possible that who ever was recording was trying to get into a better position.

The object doesn't accelerate away....it instead is loosing visibility because it's magnitude of brightness is going down. For example the ISS:

Since this object moved in a single trajectory, and faded out as it got closer towards the horizon, there's a very good chance it was a satellite, and if it was the ISS, it can at times have a very bright magnitude, but will fade out as it crosses into the Earth's shadow.

So there's a very good chance that this is a video of a satellite.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It's a satellite.

Big disagreement!

First, the video starts out with the object stationary.

Second, as the object at 1:12 approaches a bright star it starts a downward movement approaching another, lower bright star. It goes past this 2nd bright star and continues the arc and you see the 2nd bright star nearing the top of the screen. At this point there is a hand movement but it is only to keep the object framed and the camera could not have been rotated for nothing shows such a movement. The problem is that the videographer is too tight on the object. If he had zoomed out you would have seen the completion of the arc and more of the same star field groups that the object traveled through before the "wide" U-turn.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by November5th
Here is another clip of the same video.At around the 1:40 to 1:46 there appears to be another object that travel´s either in front or right through the main UFO.Great video.

You Tube Link
edit on 29-2-2012 by November5th because: (no reason given)

Watch the OP's video and at 1:53 you'll see that other "object" appear from the left edge. It's a bright star and our main object, or UFO, passes in front of it. When viewing it in the video that you quote it's seen in a different light!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Aliensun

Here are two screen grabs. Showing part of the rotation with four identifiable stars. Because the camera shake is so bad while being rotated (Did you notice that? Interesting isn't it?) they are the only ones that are of much use.
I have the top of the screen frame in one and the bottom of the screen frame in the other to show that I have not rotated the images.
snip

How do you do screen grabs that result in GIF images and when I do it I get Bitmap Image which ATS doesn't accept? I did 5 screen grabs to show you that the object curves down and reverses its course with an arc but I can't post my screen grabs. Frustrating!

edit on 29-2-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

I don't see any rotation, clean or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Really? You don't see those 2 big bright stars rotating at 1:13?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I found an image converter which turned my BITMAP images captured with screen capture into JPEGS.

The first photo shows the object approaching from the left at approximately 1:12 and passes in front of the bright star and starts to slope down approaching another bright star. The object passes over the second bright star and continues down and almost completes its arc to go back where it came from.

But remember, the video starts with the object NOT in motion but stationary and a satellige is not stationary.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

I don't see any rotation, clean or otherwise.

Make sure to watch the original video. You see the edge of a roof (and the stationary object is not the one moving, that object is a lot bigger).

When the video suddenly jerks over to the object that is moving, it's already moving when he actually starts to follow it.

When he did jerk over to it, the camera FOV clearly showed the edge of a roof. IF this object did a 180 and not the camera person, then that roof edge would have come back into view. But it didn't.

If you pay attention to the stars that are in the fixed back ground, you will see that they rotate when he does.

I'm not saying that he's hoaxing anything because he rotated the camera. Again, he may have just been re-orientated himself while taking the video. As many times as I have phtographed the night sky, I can tell you it get's difficult and uncomfortable to film something straight over head.
However, this means that what he captured on video had a straight line of flight, and did not make a U turn.

Now, does this absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that what he got on camera was mundane? Or that he hoaxed it?
Not at all. We have NO frame of reference (IE his lat and long on Earth, nor exact time and date). IF we had that, then we could bounce it off of known satellites in orbit at that time, and what was visible.

Also, again, as in many, many pictures or videos of what is suppose to be a UFO, the person taking the picturers or videos NEEDS to have the camera zoomed out and show normal references (a house, a car, a tree, anything for goodness sakes, even their hand in front of the camera would help).

So no, I can't say 100 percent that it IS a satellite, but then again it could be (not everything in the night sky is a UFO). I've had many friends watch a satellite and call me up thinking they've seen a UFO, it's a common mistake.
edit on 29-2-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

I'm not saying that he's hoaxing anything because he rotated the camera. Again, he may have just been re-orientated himself while taking the video. As many times as I have phtographed the night sky, I can tell you it get's difficult and uncomfortable to film something straight over head.

I wouldn't have argued with that, but then I looked at the YoutTube users name and it's JohnLenardWalson, so the possibility of intent to deceive just went up. He's famous for faking space videos with some kind of magic telescope. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Really? You don't see those 2 big bright stars rotating at 1:13?

Not at all! As I stated, the videographer is too tight on the object and as he follows it down the stars have to "move" up but there is no rotation of the camera. As the object passes the 2nd bright star, look to the left edge and you'll see 2 close-together stars so that a triangle is formed by the 2nd bright star the object just occulted, the object and the 2 close-together stars. Use the pause function to freeze the images every second. The object goes below the bottom edge but the 2 close-together stars do NOT rotate! You can continue to see them in situ as the videographer tries to find and center the object.

Here are screen grabs to illustrate my point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join