It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother's and Sister's of America, Please Read This I Beg of You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have been writing a new political document for the last six months, based upon a new direct democracy in cyber space. This is my grand opus, and I do this not for personal glory or power, but for the betterment of society, justice, peace, democracy, and universal happiness.

We as Americans have become complacent and apathetic, no longer paying attention to that which goes on around us, un-caring, and un-feeling. I am writing this because our society is at a fulcrum in society between the the choice of Democracy, and Fascism. Due to this I can no longer sit by and watch as our democracy falters, and our freedoms crumble around us. It is imperative to my own conscience that I speak out, and get out my opinion.

We the people must put stop to this progression and take back that which is ours. I humbly come before you on hands and knees begging you, please we must unite to continue our freedom.

A great Roman official once said, "Rome is the mob." This is the same as today America is the people. We are the ones with the power, not the government, not the police, not the military, the power expressly lay in the hands of the people.

I shall never give up the fight against the corruption, and neither should you. Yet an army of ones an army of none, it requires all of us to fight back. With that I leave you, please America wake up.
edit on 29-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: People annoyed about spacing lol.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

Problem is, we are a Republic.So we get no real say in anything unless they decide to hear us.Thats whats wrong now.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I have been writing a new political document for the last six months

Where is it?

Six months writing got to be a lotta words, just to say "revolution".

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I don't know what you mean by this.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'll send you a U2U of it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I got it but no message or link inside. Just the title.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach

2nd line.

it mean's use paragraph's, otherwise no one will read anything you type.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Yet they don't care so we must make them care, by unifing and making our voices, rumble through the annals of history.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It was not meant to be a solid planned Idea, this was a stream of consciousness idea. When it is necessary I can write in the standardized M.L.A. format, but I actively chose not too.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Was an accident I re-sent it.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Edited:
I helped with the correction as I am also tired of people leaving comment's about "no one will read it!".

You are right and very much thanks for sharing, you're on a good path.

Wanted to add, hope more read this.
edit on 29-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: edit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Lol thank you, I was also slightly annoyed as I wrote it.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach

2nd line.

it mean's use paragraph's, otherwise no one will read anything you type.

I'm SO sick of comments like this.

Really? Nobody will read it? Well the posts long before yours proves otherwise.

It's not an English class and who gives a crap if it's not up to par with your standards, it's an internet forum. I use to be really bad at being a grammar Nazi but after being on here, I just let it go.

It's perfectly readable and if you really cared about the content the structure should be second! Not everyone is an English major or even speaks English as a first language. If you can't read a few lines of the OP because it's not in form like you would prefer then it's just being lazy! If you really want to know something you will read through anything.

OP good luck!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you sir and I fixed it so people would stop complaining. I am an excellent writer but give not a damn about grammar. The only thing I care about is correct spelling so as to not use a word that has a completely different meaning.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am far too old to participate, except for talking to family members, etc., but I have to say I agree with you. As a child of the 60's, I remember when people had a voice. This is no longer the case. The America I live in is not the America I want my adult children to have to work for. Good Luck in spreading the word.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Thank you, I was raised on and predominantly listen to the music from your generation. It had a very good influence on my view of the world around me.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There are probably alot of people on this site who would be interested in reading your documents you've been working on, myself included. I'm right there with you in your frustrations. I also had an upbringing that was a little more old fashioned than most people my age.

The main problem we face today is that TPTB are not having their power and there money threatened enough yet for real change to take hold. Also there is just still too many americans who care more about their own lives and creature comforts to stand behind a real movement. Until both sides comforts and aspirations are threatened we will be at a standstill. We will all stay on our side, keeping each other informed and educating ourselfs to the higher truths so that when a tipping point does come, we will be there to help those who need it. The only real question I see is, How much longer will things go on buisness as ussual? Anyway thats just my opinion on the subject.

Oh, and don't worry about people harping on you for your writing here. As long as the points and information is there that is all that matters. Some people forget that not everyone is computer/typing savvy, or that not everyone here speaks and uses english as their first language.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thank you sir I am not very computer savvy I am a hand writer by preference, but alas I must be able to perpetuate my information. And I'm writing on an iPad with a keyboard not really that easy. Anyway I wil forward a copy to you but be gentle, it's not yet done and I really need exterior input.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

A great Roman official once said, "Rome is the mob."

great Movie Quote!!
word

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join