It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Option to Downvote ATS posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sometimes, I'd rather take a star than give a star.

Easy way to weed out the spam threads, and show anonymous disagreement towards a particular post/thread.

Stars are obviously one of ATS's form of upvoting, so why isn't there a way to downvote yet?

Downvotes should be under the same system as upvotes, as in only 1 per post.

Also, 'taking a star' as opposed to giving one, does not mean the star is added to your own star count, rather the post's star count will just be minused by 1.

like/dislike
upvote/downvote
give a star/take a star
edit on 29-2-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy

Easy way to weed out the spam threads, and show anonymous disagreement towards a particular post/thread.

Stars are obviously one of ATS's form of upvoting, so why isn't there a way to downvote yet?

Also, 'taking a star' as opposed to giving one, does not mean the star is added to your own star count, rather the post's star count will just be minused by 1.

like/dislike
upvote/downvote
give a star/take a star

The best way to show disagreement is to logically discuss something....show with logic and research why someone is wrong

By simply not flagging or starring, you are showing your stance

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by imasecretspy

like/dislike
upvote/downvote
give a star/take a star

The best way to show disagreement is to logically discuss something....show with logic and research why someone is wrong

By simply not flagging or starring, you are showing your stance

That's just it, by not starring you aren't showing your stance. You're actually not showing anything at all.

The same goes in all voting situations. Voting against something you disagree with is always better than not voting at all.

eta: Yes, I would expect the downvoter to logically discuss something in the thread, just as I would the upvoter.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We've always said their will be no option that resembles down-voting in any way on ATS.

top topics

join