It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel) will ask Obama to threaten Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to publicly harden his line against Iran during a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington on March 5, according to a senior Israeli official. Israel wants Obama to make further-reaching declarations than the vague assertion that "all options are on the table," the official said. In particular, Netanyahu wants Obama to state unequivocally that the United States is preparing for a military operation in the event that Iran crosses certain "red lines," said the official; Israel feels this will increase pressure on Iran by making clear that there exists a real U.S. threat.

www.haaretz.com...

Basically, Israel wants us to threaten war with Iran.....and wants Obama to publicly state that he will do it. I REALLY hope he doesn't do it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I thought Israel wanted no help with regards to all this?

I'm so lost in this whole mess... Hard to keep up with who hates who and who wants to obliterate who....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Did he really need to ask? It hasn't been plastered all over the news for over a month? Sounds like we aren't pressuring enough to isreals satisfaction. They want Iran to throw the first punch I think. It's the only way to keep the "moral high ground" they believe they have

link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I have no idea.....but if they didn't want help before...they certainly do now.

link   
If Obama does it: He will be seen as a warhawk tool used by the israeli government, and get us into another war in the middle east with no actual exit strategy, or national threat.

If Obama doesn't do it: He will be seen as weak by the right wing and painted as choosing islam over allies.

No win really...so, go with the option that saves us money...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If Obama does it: He will be seen as a warhawk tool used by the israeli government, and get us into another war in the middle east with no actual exit strategy, or national threat.

If Obama doesn't do it: He will be seen as weak by the right wing and painted as choosing islam over allies.

Looks like Obama is screwed either way....but then again...when isn't he? Personally i hope he doesn't cave...but you're right...he'll get trashed regardless.

top topics

join