It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I get sleep Paralysis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am interested in the paranormal and I would love to Astral Project or Lucid dream, I've had no succes yet.
I never had sleep paralysis but I did alot of research about it, I am not afraid of it and I have no fear, because I have nothing to loose.
The reason why I want sleep paralysis is because I want to Astral Project or have lucid dreams, and I've read that it's the gate to astral travel. I've tried different kinds of methods like the ''Mind awake, Body asleep'' repeating method but it didn't work for me, I have also tried Brainwave entrainment like Binaural beats, Monaural beats and Isochronic tones but it all didn't do much to except put me into a nice sleep.

Does anyone have any good tips for me how to get sleep paralysis?

(forgive me if my English is not good, I am not the best at it)
edit on 29-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
is a horrible experiance happened to me few years back i thought i was dead.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There really is no good way to induce sleep paralysis. I've been trying for over seven years, and haven't had any luck. My astral projection experience happened accidentally when I woke up with sleep paralysis and willed myself out of body. You are definitely right that it is the key to mastering the experience. My advice to most people is to look up a series of videos on youtube called Lucidology 101. The videos have a lot of good advice on how to recognize when your body is testing to see if it should fall asleep, and how to try and trick the body into falling asleep before the mind does. I practice the techniques often, still no luck, but they are helpful.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Strange request.Try a backflip heel clicker of a 114ft ramp. No kids dont try this at home
just be happy you dont have awake paralysis

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I thought I was gonna die trying that out once too

But if you want a tip here it is.

Lie on your bed and close your eyes and focus on watching behind your closed lids. That'll give you something to focus on while your bod goes to sleep. Before too long you'll realise you can't move. What happens next, well it's different for different people.

Once I opened my eyes at this stage and sat up. I realised I was still actually lying down, AND sitting up, and I saw my room from 2 different viewpoints at the same time.
That was a mild experience. I've had much stranger. MUCH stranger. Now I'd never try it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Try getting abducted by aliens.
That worked for me!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I've read alot of bad experiences about sleep paralysis, but I am curious

Like Mr. Einstein said, ''The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.''

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know exactly what brings them on for me, but I always seem to get them when I fall asleep on my back. Not everytime, but I've never had one when sleeping on my side.

If you want to lucid dream, try waking up a few hours before you normally do and then go back to sleep. This always works for me.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think my ex-wife had it. Always pretending to be asleep don't you know. Hey, does it give you headaches too?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Most of the times that I have gotten sleep-paralysis have been when I was alseep on my back

Even though you are seeking a supernatural experience, I don't think it's worth it.

I used to be into all kinds of supernatural stuff and techniques for experiencing that stuff, but I found out the hard-way that the depth-mysteries are nothing worth pursuing except to get yourself a hardknocking.In one of my sleep paralysis experiences, I clearly saw a hag-entity creepycrawling on my side whilst I couldn't move.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

You just have to sleep for as long as you can, then over sleep by making yourself go back to sleep every time you wake back up.

Best time to try is on the weekends, when you can get a good lay in.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I get sleep paralysis quite often, It's horrible.
Sometimes there is a shadow man that moves around the room, getting closer every split second. It used to scare the hell out of me but these days I just tell the shadow man to piss off and he normally does one.
A really scary one for me was when I sort of woke and heard my 3 year old son's bedroom door handle being pushed down (it has a certain squeak to it) and I couldn't move. The noise stopped then the shadow man stuck his head around my bedroom door and let out a heavy sigh before going back and trying my sons door. I pulled myself out of it (it was a first then. I can pull myself out of it now all the time.) and went and slept on my boys bedroom floor next to his bed.

I know it was all a dream but the recurring shadow man trying to get my son disturbed me and I think it made me fearless to him.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Jack3182 because: mistake

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is completly horrible. I'm glad that I have it 2-3 times a year now. Growing up as a teenager I had it 2-3 times a month. I could not go back to sleep after the experience. That said, I have no idea what it really is other than sheer terror in my own home/bed. And I can't do a thing about it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack3182

When I saw you said it was horrible, I stopped reading. I don't want more bad experiences in my head, it will only fear me.

But I have a question, If you don't open your eyes while you have the experience, will you not see the ''creatures''? or is the vibration or feeling so scary that you will immediately open your eyes?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
happens to me only when I am laying face down. Every time. I have concluded i am suffocating myself/ claustrophobia. My mind slowly wakes up, but my body is still asleep.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
happens to me only when I am laying face down. Every time. I have concluded i am suffocating myself/ claustrophobia. My mind slowly wakes up, but my body is still asleep.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3

When I saw you said it was horrible, I stopped reading. I don't want more bad experiences in my head, it will only fear me.

But I have a question, If you don't open your eyes while you have the experience, will you not see the ''creatures''? or is the vibration or feeling so scary that you will immediately open your eyes?

No you won't see anything if you keep your eyes closed, but don't have any fear while doing so, because when you open your eyes you'll likely see something.

Best thing to do, is face a wall next to your bed, that way you can keep your eyes open without seeing anything.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

For me I've not been able to close my eyes because my main focus is to get out of that state. If you really want to do it then do it but be in control, if it turns into a lucid dream, great! but if it goes wrong and you can't wake out of it then you must remember it's a dream.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I suffer from sleep paralysis. Suffer is the right word.

Yes, it's led to astral projection. Yes, I'm a very consistent lucid dreamer.

I would not wish sleep paralysis on....well, anyone. It's that bad.

But if you really want to try it, here's some triggers I've noticed over the years:

1. Lay on your back. Don't know why but I only have sp when laying this way.
2. Be stressed out. Anxiety tends to trigger my attacks.
3. Find that balance between sleep and awake... That moment when you fall off the cliff and jerk yourself awake.
4. Keep trying.

Not great instructions and I wish I could do better for you.

As a side note, although I can lucid dream at will I cannot initiate sp. it just happens.
And be careful with lucid dreaming. For a while I enjoyed it so much that I would have slept 24/7 if possible.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3

I don't have to open my eyes to feel the terror. When it happens, it's an overwhelming sense of being in the presence of evil. Normally I keep my eyes closed. The one time I remember opening my eyes, I saw something indescribable. It was that bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join