It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what i hate about todays kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This will be a little bt of a rant so bare with me

i am a 14 year lod living in eastern michigan over the past 2 years there are sevral things ihave noticed about todays kids that i dont like
the first thing is that they accept what there told without qwestion for example if fox or cnn told them to do jumping jacks they woud (this also applys to adults of america)
anouther thing is that they just Buy/watch/lisen to whater MTV thinks is cool without thinking for themselfs
its not like it was in the 70's were if pepole dint like somthing they took to the streets and made there voices heard no they just ignore and let obama take giant #s all over the constitution
the next this is that they are so wrapped up in there little worlds of facebook high school drama and shiity reality shows that they fail to se whats happining to the world!!!!!
like the girls at my school how go i I HATE MY LIFE pepole are talking # about me Bo hoo Hoo there are pepole how woud kill for your problems

I just really needed to get this of my chest sorry for anny spelling mistakes

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

You think this is bad. Wait 'til you have 'em.

But seriously, I grew up a kid/baby "hater", well, not hater but I did not feel comfortable whatsoever around them. Now I have two of my own and so appriciate the joys of being a parent. Experience is invaluable.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welcome to Consumerism, for only 8 cents more you can get a 50 gallon drum of coca-cola®.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nothing new here ,Younglings have always been caught up in the latest fads ,we had yo yo's
If you want to hate on something ,hate on the kids and adults? that spend their whole waking life with their faces buried in their phones/Ipods ,oblivious to everything around them,then blame my generation for inventing this blight on humanity.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Their inability to spell beyond a 3rd grade level gets on my nerves too.

Adults aren't much better than today's kids, most are still kids mentally inside adult bodies.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Rant away my good man.
Sorry to tell you though,even adults have this same behavior so you might as well just get used to it.
I have to deal with adults talking about the latest dumb reality tv show they just got hooked on because "everyone is doing it".
Talk at the watercooler is just like highschool talk.

There are followers and there are leaders.....just don't follow.

I always have a way I treat conversations.
When people start a sentence off with you gotta (see this) or do you know what you should do,or you should....I ignore it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

i am a 14 year lod living in eastern michigan over the past 2 years there are sevral things ihave noticed about todays kids that i dont like
the first thing is that they accept what there told without qwestion for example if fox or cnn told them to do jumping jacks they woud (this also applys to adults of america)
anouther thing is that they just Buy/watch/lisen to whater MTV thinks is cool without thinking for themselfs
its not like it was in the 70's were if pepole dint like somthing they took to the streets and made there voices heard no they just ignore and let obama take giant #s all over the constitution
the next this is that they are so wrapped up in there little worlds of facebook high school drama and shiity reality shows that they fail to se whats happining to the world!!!!!
like the girls at my school how go i I HATE MY LIFE pepole are talking # about me Bo hoo Hoo there are pepole how woud kill for your problems

You sound like an individual thinker, and that's good - but please work on your spelling and grammar. How you present yourself here will greatly influence how you are received.

I agree with others here that most kids are pretty shallow - that's just immaturity. Unfortunately, many adults don't seem to be too mature either!
edit on 29-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

hey, how's the weather over there? Pretty slushy and cold over on the west side of the state...

Anyway, kids these days aren't just about all of that. In fact, they pretend to be mini gingsters and such. That's the reason I moved out of my hometown...it was just getting way out of control.

Yes, I know what you mean. Life doesn't get much better when you grow up. Just learn to take the bad with the good...fate tends to back off when you stop caring about the small stuff.

Protip: it's all small stuff.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Man its so rainy Here i wish it woud snow at least 3 inches

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well, just by you being here on ATS I can tell that you are a smart kid.You are stepping out of the Matrix.

Everybody has been being groomed for a long time to be clones of each other. The Illuminati wants predictable people and what better way to do it than to encourage us to be clones of the trends they make. They even make being a nerd the uncool thing, because they don't want people who can think outside of the box.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

younglings haha

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

....anouther thing is that they just Buy/watch/lisen to whater MTV thinks is cool without thinking for themselfs ....

Hey! I was about your age when MTV started 30something years ago! Nice to know things haven't changed that much from when I was kid.

Hang in there bro - we're all in this mess together.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That was (and is) one of the best benefits of being an introvert. When I was in highschool, I couldn't have cared less whether other kids approved of my sense of style, or the bands I listened to. The cool thing was that this attitude netted me a few very close friends that were of similar mind.

So, have faith in yourself. Don't worry about the shallowness of the masses, instead just look for some people who might share some common ground with you.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Okay one it is okay to rant about this! Makes a good set of topic to talk about!

Well here is my opinon on your post what I hate about kids. I'm nineteen but I for some reason feel old,,,and I'm still trying to find my purpose in life...

One most kids are going to this new fads that are coming out in this world because they are experimenting and trying to find themselves...

Another thing is it could be how they were raised as kids could possibly affect why they act the way they act just saying...

Another is since society likes to judge young kids what do you think kids do? Well for starters kids start to accustom themselves to a group or fad just so they don't get judged and get accepted in the world, that is where you think they don't have there own set off beliefs which is true somewhat...

BUT...

After the kid starts to find themselves they grow out of the fad or group they were accustomed too and then thats where they start forming there own set of beliefs and life...

TRUE: That peer-pressure could make it hard for the person because they try so hard to be friends with the group but eventually if they lose interest in a group they will form there own personality and figure out eventually who they will become and what values and beliefs they will have...

ANOTHER TRUTH: Some people it takes them awhile to find themselves that is why most still try and find there purpose in life,,,it just takes time,,,just depending on the type of person you are, personality, and other etc...

That's just my opinon on your post ninjas4321...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I cannot stand those little wretches in the least. Every opportunity that I have to humiliate or pester them, I sure do. Like a school yard bully who only picks on children.

At the grocery store or check lines I'll openly say "Will you shut that kid up?!"

Never going to have them, not ever going to like them. They're complete morons until they start getting cogntitive functions and even then they're so inexperienced they're just as dumb as when they were a baby.

Yeah, there's expections to the rules. Not all children are raving cry babies or blabbering idiots. Most certainly are.
edit on 3/2/2012 by Komod0Dragon because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Komod0Dragon

Komod0Dragon,

What a nice post man!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think some of the blame is divided, and can be projected on the older generations, I mean why did they not pass on to their kids that they have the potential to be heard, to go out and rally, to question this society.

With the whinging teens, they have it so good, that ofcourse, these are what they percieve as problems! Some one saying some thing nasty on their facebook status

I'd say you just have to give it time, we all had it good as children, later they'll know what real problems are, let them enjoy it

new topics

top topics

join