It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel loses Oscar to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This is just to show that Iran isn't Iraq or Afghanistan for Israel or the USA to just attack without any major consequences.

My point is, in order to deserve an Oscar one must be enlightened in that field of occupation. I'm sure Israelis have won many Oscars in the past, but for Iran to win shows us that they are hard working and influential people.

The Iranian people are not backwards, and they are definitely not in the dark. I say this because I have witnessed how they managed themselves in the past 3 decades with hidden forces trying to destroy them. Iran has managed to not only survive through the Saddam Invasion or the crises near its east and west borders. I am sure that if any nut was ruling Iran they would have already been at war with the US due to the wars waged on both sides of the country. Iran did a great job, and today they stand stronger than ever.

Today, unlike any country the US faced since Nazi Germany; Iran is entangling itself in trades and treaties and pacts and proxies. Iran is not in the shadow, this is the reason the imminent Israeli attack is prolonged. They know that if they take down Iran, then the whole world is coming down with it and that includes them (the evil doers). So they will ensure their security first before they attack Iran and cause global collapse.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Not to mention how many Jewish people are in the Academy and they STILL voted for an Iranian movie. Which goes to show its not a Muslim Vs Jewish war. Its a corruption Vs resources war.

Good on the directors for winning and good on the Academy for giving them the limelight.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, this is the way a war SHOULD be fought......
When two countries dissagree....
See who can make the best movie! Carve the best statue! invent the best walkman!
Screw all thie other expensive and hurtful war toys!
See who can write the best novel there! Thatll show em!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Congrats to Iran on Oscar. I also saw interview with Israeli who lost and their group spoke with the Iranian one and since nobody mentioned politics they had a good time.
Sadly Oscar is Oscar and politics is politics. You know what is Iranian leadership position on Israel as Jewish state on Muslim lands and about Iranian sponsored Hizbollah army on Israeli border and what is Israeli leadership position on Iran becoming a major regional power with nuclear technologies and what Israel does to stop both.
It really is not about lack of cultural respect or feeling of superiority. It all boils down to power balance and future of the region. So leaders of X are sure that removal of Y is needed while leaders of Y think that X should be weakened - and both sides do it for better future et ctr.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Congratulations to Iran on an Oscar. Oscars. hmmmm .... given by pat-themselves-on-the back rich narcissists who have also given Al Gore an Oscar for that 'Inconvenient Truth' BS. (Hollywood has it's own agenda) ... but yeah, sure, contrats to those in Iran who got their award. Flame away.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Congratulations to Iran on an Oscar. Oscars. hmmmm .... given by pat-themselves-on-the back rich narcissists who have also given Al Gore an Oscar for that 'Inconvenient Truth' BS. (Hollywood has it's own agenda) ... but yeah, sure, contrats to those in Iran who got their award. Flame away.

BAH Humbug

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
BAH Humbug

Yep. Like I said. Congrats on the win. But Hollywood is notoriously full of politics and agenda. If someone wins, there are many times reasons for that win other than the movie/actor/whatever being 'the best'. People campaign for wins .. send gifts .. have political agendas ..

Whatever.

Side note - Al Gore should have to give back his Oscar. His 'inconvenient truth' movie that he got it for has been taken apart and debunked. He got it on fraud.

top topics

join