It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift The Sun Late By Days In Iceland and Greenland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is the Pole shift happening, it seems all the signs are here yet no one is seriously talking about it.

Iceland is plunged into darkness during the winter and for the past 100 years they hold a big celebration for the return of the Sun on January 25th but this year the sun was more than 2 days late coming. news article from The Rykjavik Grapevine newspaper.
Sun Late Story

In Greenland recently The Sun rose 2 days early it usually comes like clockwork.
Daily Mail British newspaper about Greenland

There have been millions upon millions of migrating animals which have been found dead, hundreds at a time.
Millions of dead animals

Then there is the strange Earth sounds that have been heard around the world
Strange Earth Sound

One or two of these you could probably but down to freaks of nature, but bundle them altogether, and put in that people have said that a pole shift around this time do you think The Great Polar Shift has started?
edit on 29-2-2012 by DEV1L79 because: .

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Is this year's leap year extra day taken into account?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was wondering how the sun could be days late in Iceland, yet early in Greenland.

The Greenland article is from last year, I wonder if they've had the same oddness this year.
Will have to go googling now.....

I was going to say earth cycles, but the Iceland article says they've kept track of this for over a century.
Interesting...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
2 days "late" this year in Iceland.
2 days "early" last year in Greenland.

I wish the pole shift would make up it's mind.
There is no pole shift, the stars are right where they should be.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79
Is the Pole shift happening, it seems all the signs are here yet no one is seriously talking about it.

People have been "talking" about as long as can recall being on the internet.
Still no evidence at all.

the return of the Sun on January 25th but this year the sun was more than 2 days late coming.

I seem to recall we discussed this topic a year ago...

In Greenland recently The Sun rose 2 days early it usually comes like clockwork.

Not "recently".
One year ago.
It was discussed then, if you want to look back through the old threads (and there were several).

People came up with all sorts of weird ideas, and NONE of them stood up to scrutiny.
The only idea which had any merit is that people nowdays are completely dumb # ignoramuses when it comes to celestial events, and very very few know what they're talking about.
Your comment of *LIKE CLOCKWORK* above, tells me enough about your knowledge.

Fact...
The sun does NOT rise reliably like clockwork on any day, anywhere.
This has been known for centuries.
Why?
A reason that is easily and often observed, well studied and so well known that it was named 400 years ago and even has its own wikipedia page.
wiki

edit on 29-2-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.timeanddate.com...
Above has the sunrise tables for Greenland. Normal now.
I checked last year's table too, it said it rose properly on the 13th of Jan.

Isn't the earth supposed to have a bit of a wobble anyways? Chandler's wobble or something like that?

So a little bit of what we think of as not normal, would really be totally normal?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Magnetic pole shifting is always occurring. Its been going on hundreds of millions of years.

If the whole planet was swinging physically, every part of the planet would be affected, not two isolated regions. And that wont happen, because contrary to popular and ignorant belief, the Earths crust does not "float" on the mantle. The energy required to change the direction of a mass the size of the Earth thats rotating is unfathomable. Nothing short of a passing massive body could do that (like a star/dead star), and if there was enough energy to change its rotation, there would also be enough to fling the Earth out of its orbit, the event of such which would be proceeded by tremendous tides as the oceans experienced the gravity from the large body most observably first.

"Mass" die offs and bizarre deaths occur all the time. The fact that its being reported more and more is interesting, however, not an indication that actual deaths are increasing at all.

The strange sounds are interesting.

Take them all together, and you have an interesting story about the sun rising late/early in two isolated areas, which logically means its a locale phenomenon, increased *reports* of animal deaths in the media, with no way to determine if they actually correlate with an increase in actual animal deaths, and a mysterious sound that cannot be linked to anything.

So taken together, we have 3-4 different events that people think are linked because perhaps there is nothing really linking them... so the connection must be hidden, but there, right? Or whatever other reason people want to tell themselves.
edit on 2/29/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

like clockwork.

This paper HERE of people actually getting out and observing the natural variation in sunrise and sunset may be of use to those who want to learn something.

Those who dont wish to learn... just keep chanting "pole shift". You're bound to get a few stars and flags, I'm sure

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Nothing short of a passing massive body could do that (like a star/dead star), and if there was enough energy to change its rotation, there would also be enough to fling the Earth out of its orbit, the event of such which would be proceeded by tremendous tides as the oceans experienced the gravity from the large body most observably first.

Star for your entire post.

But I winced when reading the above-quoted portion, as you've opened the door for the big, fat Nibiru fanclub to squeeze through.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We have megalithic sites in my country that are built relating to the annual solar cycle, and there is nothing askew here, the sun shines through certain chambers on the shortest day etc, all is normal.

But your post leads me to hypothesize, if the people who built theses sites where somehow aware of polar shifts having occurred in the past then maybe these sites were also an early warning system? Just an idea.
edit on 29-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is this like the other hundred pole shifts that happened?

I thought the Inuit one was the best. And the one caused by Nibiru wasn't bad either. Oh and the.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You realize that event in Greenland took place last year, right?
It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, transpires this year. I think last year was just a soft-core preview.

Not that I am trying to deflect attention away from your thread (because I'm not. Please know that) but I started a thread last year .....that SO MANY people added to.....covering all this.
It's called: Magnetic Mayhem by Weatherwoman

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by DEV1L79

Magnetic pole shifting is always occurring. Its been going on hundreds of millions of years.

If the whole planet was swinging physically, every part of the planet would be affected, not two isolated regions. And that wont happen, because contrary to popular and ignorant belief, the Earths crust does not "float" on the mantle. The energy required to change the direction of a mass the size of the Earth thats rotating is unfathomable. Nothing short of a passing massive body could do that (like a star/dead star), and if there was enough energy to change its rotation, there would also be enough to fling the Earth out of its orbit, the event of such which would be proceeded by tremendous tides as the oceans experienced the gravity from the large body most observably first.

"Mass" die offs and bizarre deaths occur all the time. The fact that its being reported more and more is interesting, however, not an indication that actual deaths are increasing at all.

The strange sounds are interesting.

Take them all together, and you have an interesting story about the sun rising late/early in two isolated areas, which logically means its a locale phenomenon, increased *reports* of animal deaths in the media, with no way to determine if they actually correlate with an increase in actual animal deaths, and a mysterious sound that cannot be linked to anything.

So taken together, we have 3-4 different events that people think are linked because perhaps there is nothing really linking them... so the connection must be hidden, but there, right? Or whatever other reason people want to tell themselves.
edit on 2/29/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)
I don't think the pole shift does change the direction in which planet earth sins, it simply shift to a different axis so the north pole becomes the south pole and vice versa, it is a proven phenomenon that has happened many times in the past.

Also you said about the massive body being able to do this, I don't know if you follow this but many people believe that there is another giant planet out there, but it is so close to the sun that we cannot see it with the naked eye, but if you use special lenses or infra-red or something along those lines you can see it, it is supposed to orbit earth but you can only see it on certain months and when it can be seen by the naked eye they cover the sky with chemtrails so no one can see it.
Two Suns

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Also you said about the massive body being able to do this, I don't know if you follow this but many people believe that there is another giant planet out there, but it is so close to the sun that we cannot see it with the naked eye, but if you use special lenses or infra-red or something along those lines you can see it, it is supposed to orbit earth but you can only see it on certain months and when it can be seen by the naked eye they cover the sky with chemtrails so no one can see it.
Two Suns

It's like I'm Nostradamus or something.

I'm off to write some quatrains.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I should have studied harder in school,..
Are the ice caps (poles) like weights on each side of the earth helping/causing the earth to wobble like it does? is one side heavier and cause the wobble? if the poles melt and redistribute their weight differently on the earth will this cause a rotational shift?

Most importantly...what does this have to do with magnetic north moving if it is not the same as geological north?

I need to look some things up.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BaZooKaJ

The ice caps, the oceans, even the atmosphere contribute to the wobble of Earth on its axis. But it is a very slow wobble. It takes about 26,000 years to complete a cycle. But the wobble doesn't change the tilt of the axis, it just changes the point in the sky to which it points. The only effect is that over a very long time, too long for anyone to notice in a lifetime, we get a new North Star.
en.wikipedia.org...

It has nothing to do with the drift of the magnetic poles.

edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

It is not a pole shift because that would not change the suns rising and setting , the poles are an invisible magnetic field.

What has happened is quite clear to those with eyes to see and ears to hear . The earth has shifted on its axis , this shift has delayed the sun rising in these areas because the earth has shifted in its orbit .

All these threads you have seen on the moon looking different is because these people were correct in their observations but most people called them crazy. Eskimos in Alaska had spoke of how their view of the night sky has changed and the sun rose and set in different places. Their are many more indicators out there but when pointed out people are mocked.

Now hears the kicker God promised in the end of days we all would see signs in the sun the stars and the moon. He promised earthquakes would increase , wars and rumors of wars . God said he would shake not only the earth but the heavens too. This has all been the beginning of the end and this is just another conformation for us faithful.

So you doubting Thomas keep on keeping on but when you hear of peace then you know the end is truly upon you

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by DEV1L79

It is not a pole shift because that would not change the suns rising and setting , the poles are an invisible magnetic field.

What has happened is quite clear to those with eyes to see and ears to hear . The earth has shifted on its axis , this shift has delayed the sun rising in these areas because the earth has shifted in its orbit .

All these threads you have seen on the moon looking different is because these people were correct in their observations but most people called them crazy. Eskimos in Alaska had spoke of how their view of the night sky has changed and the sun rose and set in different places. Their are many more indicators out there but when pointed out people are mocked.

Now hears the kicker God promised in the end of days we all would see signs in the sun the stars and the moon. He promised earthquakes would increase , wars and rumors of wars . God said he would shake not only the earth but the heavens too. This has all been the beginning of the end and this is just another conformation for us faithful.

So you doubting Thomas keep on keeping on but when you hear of peace then you know the end is truly upon you

Yeah right! There have always been earthquakes, wars and all that. You can keep the end of days crap and stick it where the sun don't shine.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

The moon, sun, and earth are fine.

It's the religious zealots that are wonky.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, have not looked into this pole shift fear trend so far but have seen lots of links & threads about it..

After a few min. of looking online I found that it seems most people are confusing a few different things

True polar wander & magnetic pole shift, both are happening, geomagnetic @ 55+/- miles a year and polar wander @ 5° over the last 130 million years.

"Moment of inertia tensor" must have been what I was thinking with the ice & water weight distribution contributing to wobble. Makes perfect sense, the earth is not round or weighted evenly like the basketball spinning on your finger.

Will continue reading up on this.

pole shifty hypothesis

Chandler wobble

top topics

<<   2 >>

join