It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have the unfortunate experience of witnessing nearly everyone around me abusing the system, and bragging about it. My neighbors, my family, and friends. It's everywhere and its disgusting. It's also extremely offensive to me that they brag to me about this while I pay nearly 40% of my income in taxes that goes to people like this who are lazy, don't want to work, have kids for checks, fake disabilities, etc. And guess what. I am a small business owner who works from 8AM to well after midnight every single day. I frequently go weeks and sometimes months before getting an entire day off. I never get to attend all their parties because I'm always busy working while they all play. I don't make a lot of money, but I work my butt off for the little I do make.

My brother and mother can afford to pay $100.00 a month for a phone but require food stamps to eat. I don't use food stamps, I buy my own food, I pay for my own insurance, I pay only $40 a month for my simple, non-smartphone, I keep up with my bills every month and I live within my means.... and guess what, I have 0 credit card dept. Why? Because I don't buy big tv's, video games, stereo's, fancy shoes and clothes. No, I spend my money on nessesities first, then if I have left overs, we will buy ourselves a treat. I cook as healthy as I can from simple ingredients, and we only eat out once a year, on our anniversary. However, my mother, brother, and stepsisters all own better cars than me, fancier phones, fancier tv's, they all have kids and aren't married, eat out nearly every day, get their groceries for free with foodstamps and they are pro's at milking the system. They were taught from my stepmom who lived off it her whole life until she married my dad and no longer could, yet found a way to keep all her daughters on it. And she learned from her mom, who learned from her mom. .It's never ending.

My family believes in spending their money on toys. Why should they spend it on nesesities when the SYSTEM will gladly do that for them? Why should they go out and get a better job when they don't need to? All of the people on my block, my neighbors do it too. It's so bad around here that everyone does it because everyone else is already doing it.

I try to explain to them they not only are they effectively cheating the system and stealing from those of us who are putting into it, but they are also stealing from those who were meant to receive it, the truly disabled or unfortunate among us. And as much as I feel for those in need, I truley feel that the cheeters outnumber the needy at this point, and it's becasue of this that I will say what I'm about to.

Yes, I do feel that if your on the system, no longer can you vote. Get out of assistance and you can be free to vote again. But if the cheeters continue to vote to keep our country like this so they can stay lazy, eventually we will colapse. The takers will outnumber the givers and soon they will pull me into poverty. My ambition to work the way I do is based on the fact that I am in control of the life I can choose to have. You can be born in the ghetto and grow up a millionaire in america, that's why this country is so great. But there is only so much to take from those who have before we finally hit our breaking point and out right QUIT! And once that happens, there will be no one left to help the truly needy. So for the sake of preserving our country, and helping the needy in the long run, I think that we should temporarily pull voting rights from those in the system. This will hopefully get rid of some of our politicians that are just fueling the problems for their own benefits, and motivate the cheaters to get off their buts and start contributing to society instead of just taking. Maybe after 10 years we can get back on track and reinstate voting rights, and hopefully people will have learned from their mistakes, there will be more going in the pot then out, and those who really are in need can be rightfully taken care of without any problems or shortages.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

You're still missing the point... and apparently did not understand a lick of what I posted...

Haha, no you are way to smart for me and I guess I will never be able to understand a single thing of a ATS poster with a victim complex, because I'm ignorant, not enlightened and open minded.

I just don't talk along with the typical ATS talk, I've got my own opinion and views on things which is not the basic "ATS I am against everything" kind of stuff. Get used to it or go away because Im not going haha !

I never claimed of being any of the such... you assume...

I was pointing out that, as you stated yourself, everyone has their own story. I even included an example of a story I read that you were quick to deny was even true. Why? Do you think that things like this never happen? They do, maybe not to you, but they do. Just because you are not there to witness it does not mean it didn't happen. But like I said you do not have to believe me. It's not important. What is important is the point it makes.

No one, rather I, never called you ignorant, or anything else for that matter. I just said you did not get my point. If you think that makes you ignorant, then that's on you my friend. If I did not come across clear enough then just say that it doesn't make sense to you and state your reasons so I may clarify.

Opinionated people are welcomed and are usually the ones that just wants answers. Nothing wrong with that.

Victim complex? Really? Who said I was a victim? I'm just stating my opinion, just as you are...
edit on 3-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
Yes, I do feel that if your on the system, no longer can you vote.

Voting cannot become a privelege for the government itself to grant or take away. If people are committing fraud where the welfare system is concerned, then they should be charged with fraud, and potentially incarcerated.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Ok, so who is more responsible for damage to the economy, someone who steals a pack of cigarettes or someone who steals a billion dollars? I would say the latter. Who does more jail time? I would say the former. Something is wrong with that equation.

You can say whatever you want to say, but no one will listen to you haha, and with that in mind I hope you know your position in life.

Um, you listened enough to respond...So I imagine people will listen. But they dont have to, everybody knows the truth in our society. Its painfully obvious to all but the sheeple.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

The cheaters outweigh the needy? Are you blind to the rampant poverty and unemployment destroying this country? Just because your family happens to be a bunch of scoundrels doesn't mean that everyone is. Step outside of your shallow world and stop being ignorant.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

The cheaters outweigh the needy? Are you blind to the rampant poverty and unemployment destroying this country? Just because your family happens to be a bunch of scoundrels doesn't mean that everyone is. Step outside of your shallow world and stop being ignorant.

1 star wasn't enough... *****

I will gladly give up my voting rights, just as soon as every political figure, congress member and big corporation gives up theirs... If I can't vote to increase my benefits then they can't vote to increase theirs...

And while we are somewhat on the topic... why aren't ALL government officials/workers drug tested on a monthly or weekly basis?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

And while we are somewhat on the topic... why aren't ALL government officials/workers drug tested on a monthly or weekly basis?

Sorry if I messed up this quote, my first time. Anyway, very true. Funny how people want to oppress the bottom rungs of society who are just trying to get by, while letting the people responsible for corruption and wars go free and enjoy REALLY ripping people off, like these people on food stamps are supposedly doing. It's not the bottom one should worry about, but the top.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraDOSEcious

Yeah I think the reason a lot of this gets brought up is to divert the attention away from the real criminals.

The lower end people are just trying to get by. Sure there are some that abuse the system, but that is bound to happen. Maybe if the state stopped giving all the funds to lobbyist and the likes... then they could hire some of these people in their customer support department so I do not have to wait on hold for an hr to talk to someone who says they can't help me and hangs up on me...

Wasted money... Look at the post about millions of money being wasted on drones we aren't going to use...

Don't you think that money could of been used to create jobs and take some pressure off the struggling systems?

I'll tell you what... If I was an ET of a higher understanding passing by I wouldn't want to talk to anyone here either because people are so cold hearted and selfish in their own right, that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.

We were just taking about a study a college did where students would lay on the ground and wait till someone passing by came to check on them... some went hrs... I wish I could remember the name of the study or college so I could provide a link but I'm sure someone may remember or know what or who did it...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well I have to go though drug screening to keep my job!!! The system is broken there are 3rd & 4th generation welfare recipients I see men younger than me capable of working and choosing not to because we will take care of them. We should give them jobs like mowing the city grass or along the highway if they cant do physical labor then let them work at the DMV and pay them 10.00 hr that would be the way to help people not just had it out.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious

Sorry if I messed up this quote, my first time. Anyway, very true. Funny how people want to oppress the bottom rungs of society who are just trying to get by, while letting the people responsible for corruption and wars go free and enjoy REALLY ripping people off, like these people on food stamps are supposedly doing. It's not the bottom one should worry about, but the top.

The problem is not limited to the top or the bottom. That kind of talk only gets us to a point where we are fighting each other. We've been doing this for thousands of years, its about time we learn from our mistakes, and stop making them. We have people on the bottom, middle, and top, abusing the sh*t out of the system, and that needs to change. These people abusing it, should all be charged. When we figure out, that yelling at each other isn't going to work, we'll gather together and actually do something productive. Problem is, this doesn't usually happen until the brink of destruction.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by David9176

On and off of unemployment between "military jobs" while getting their mortgage paid?

Source please?

What is with the Progressives like yourself that are so against the military? I can understand being against those that order the military (like Obama...) but individual soldiers? Accusing them of not working? Comparing them to freeloading citizens living off of other peoples money while doing nothing productive to society?

People like you disgust me. It's clear, when you use government benefits you support them fully. When you're like me paying thousands a year in taxes you're against free hand outs.

Not a coincidence.

ok then.

Remove medicare
Remove medicaid
Remove SSI
Remove umemployment
Remove retirement
End all corporate tax credits and exemptions.
End all corporate welfare.
Start a tariff on imported slave labor goods.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You shouldn't be able to strip a God given right from an American citizen regardless of social status or even criminal offense.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984
You shouldn't be able to strip a God given right from an American citizen regardless of social status or even criminal offense.

Well, some crimes should negate that right once convicted. Murder for example, you wiped out all of someones god given rights, voting the least among them, yours should be gone for eternity.

If you're serving time for jay-walking, possession, and other such crimes that did not violate someone else's rights, I can see an argument that voting rights should be retained. (i can see an argument that you shouldn't be incarcerated or charged as a felon for those types of crimes for that matter).

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Lol well that's hard to argue with.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

fake disabilities,
.... all their parties because I'm always busy working while they all play

Yep.

I had been ignoring this thread, but tonight I'm fed up to here, I've just had it. I live in a HUD structure full of elderly and "disabled". You should see and live next to some of these pieces of s***. Trash trash trash. They are mostly under 50's, in good physical condition, and highly SOCIAL. Oh these f**** looooooovvvvvvve to party. I have had to deal with one piece of garbage trailer trash hard partier after another, and tonight, the piece of garbage next door to me is seeing how far he can push his audio envelope before I call the cops. If they are drawing Social Security Disability or Social Security Income, they are drawing between $6 to $700 to $1000 something.
President Obama, I want to know why the f*** you are putting these inmates in with the elderly grandmas and wheelchair guys, and they probably are doing drugs as well.

I'm sick of it. INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW. What ever happened to fraud waste and abuse? If anyone knows a good email I can write to (screw these building landlords, they don't care) to whistleblow, GIMMEE IT. NOW.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just an afterthought. If you have this guy, he's under 55, (or AND woman) is superbly ambulatory, loves people and being social, and is on meds for a mental condition, THEN WHY CANNOT THEY WORK???

Sorry OP, I went off topic from the OP. But I am distressed beyond what I can handle. I don't know what I might do next.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I don't know what I might do next.

By mail: Government Accountability Office
441 G St., NW
Washington, DC 20548

By phone: (202) 512-3000 (Locator)
By email: [email protected]

Aye?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So those on welfare cant vote because of conflict of interest... but Presidential candidates can vote and there is no conflict of interest...

/thread

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I also know some people who do the same, a former friends girlfriend is a pro at it. They have exspensive telephones, big tv, very expensive gaming pc's (only being used for online games and music), musicial instruments with expensive amplifiers, dishwasher. They party a lot, go out every weekend, buy grocery's in one of the most expensive supermarkets in my country (which is called: Albert Heijn). That girl also faked a disabilitie (borderline) so she could recieve "free money" from the Dutch government and the worst of all is that she is bragging how "bad" she got it on sites such as facebook.

I couldn't stand it any longer so I broke up with them as friends. The next thing what happend was that they gave me all the blame for being intollerant, angry and jealous, but whatever, I am just glad that I am not like them haha!
edit on 4-3-2012 by yougetwhatyoudeserve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Voting is a right and nobody should be able to take that away (poor felons. No voting and no guns).

However, I do believe if you have an IQ over a certain number, or pass a test you should get an EXTRA vote, so those idiots are cancelled out.

Democracy: Where any 2 idiots outvote a genius.

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.

I agree with this. Cigs and drugs are expensive. I'm not paying for your groceries so you can use your money for drugs or cigs. Either smoke, or starve.

I quit smoking because I got sick of spending $7 a day. They can too.

Originally posted by chiefsmom
So it's ok to take their voting rights away, but we should give them back to convicted felons.

Well, that makes perfect sense.

Give me one good reason a convicted felon doesn't deserve to vote.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join