It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're On Food Stamps, You Should Lose Voting Privileges?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

I was on foodstamps for a while.

Thanks. All I needed to know.

Yeah, that's right. Just brush me off as less than you because I've received assistance. Yup, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm less than you. I wish I could sit around with old men wearing aprons like you. It would be sooo awesome.

You are a despicable human being, and I'm glad I don't know you.

Bravo, bulletproof. I wanted to say it for you but somehow I knew you were the type to do it yourself!

+Star

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I wonder do people understand, or simply fail to realize, that it has never, and will never… in the history of earths existence, ever be enough jobs for every able body person that is in America to work. It’s the biggest lie ever not told and obviously will never be explained.

Over 7million or more jobs was lost within the last 5 years

Over 30 million jobs were lost within the last 20 years because of policies, and greedy stealing people, let alone in the last 40 years:

Minimum wage is $6.50 to $8.00 dollars an hour = 8x40 hours a week =$320 dollars a week, and after Uncle Sam takes his money out, in a month you made a 1,000 a month.

I wonder how many people can survive off $1,000 a month. I wonder how those 7million people felt in the last 5 years that went from middle class to having to resort to minimum wage.

I looked at a lot of videos and specials on families that went from making 50 thousand to a quarter million a year ,to having to work 2 or three jobs just to keep there family together and having to resort to food stamps.

‘It has never, and will never, be enough jobs in America for every citizen that’s able to work, never’

The system of greed and evil do not care, and will never care about the poor or the people that live deep in the gutter sewers of the ‘United States’.

Black and Spanish people have been living deep in the sewers of life for a very long time, and now white people are feeling how it feels to be them.

Just Because some one is on food stamps, doesn’t make them any less then the silver spoon breast fed, ivy league spoiled brat that was born into money, or was blessed to have family and help…some just aren’t blessed.

edit on 29-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anyone who gets free money, i.e. a welfare check should take a drug test like everyone else who earns a paycheck. I support that.

Food Stamps are not the same as a welfare check, there are already laws and severe consequences for those who sell their Food Stamps(and get caught). Besides being a huge financial and logistics burden to drug test everyone who receives food stamp it will lead to problems.

Poverty causes crime, so by preventing someone from collecting food stamps because they are a drug addict now you have a hungry drug addicted person that is a lot more dangerous than a simple drug addict.

Food Stamp recipients not being allowed to vote will never happen.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

i agree there are more bigger fish to fry yes, but still do you see where im coming from that if a person is applying for food stamps or welfare but they still have money to buy drugs that it doesn't make sense

and also im from Mass where it is also decriminalized but sadly i can't smoke anymore im in the military and trying to get a job in law enforcement, but i use to blaze it up alot back in my highschool and college days

im pro legalizing weed, but not other drugs, you can't legalize coke or heroin because more people would be ODing on them every year. sadly though i don't think weed we be legal anytime soon. yes i agree that there are bigger fish to fry my good man

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My father has quoted that same reffrence excuse my spelling errors please but too be honest I dont think its right ether if you are getting government help basically from other tax payers to be able to vote these same morons into office who want to give you free help. I dont see anything wrong with helping someone in need but at the same time I dont like that the people who are getting the help are also voting for politicians who support passing bills such as NOAA or supporting a president who says im gonna pull troops outa iraq and than turn around and shippem to lybia and other crazy countries we could be in soon the more I look at who will be running in Nov the more im leaning towards Paul. Honestly this Country is so screwed I dont like thinking about it anymore

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I agree, fix the problem at the source.But you can't fix it working through the system. So how do we fix it? I think step one starts with changing Congress, so they are held under the same laws us citizens are, and that they are held accountable for their actions. Maybe a proposition system for the national level? But how do you put this into place, Congress sure won't allow it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Anyone who gets free money, i.e. a welfare check should take a drug test like everyone else who earns a paycheck. I support that.

Food Stamps are not the same as a welfare check, there are already laws and severe consequences for those who sell their Food Stamps(and get caught). Besides being a huge financial and logistics burden to drug test everyone who receives food stamp it will lead to problems.

Poverty causes crime, so by preventing someone from collecting food stamps because they are a drug addict now you have a hungry drug addicted person that is a lot more dangerous than a simple drug addict.

Drug testing isn't mandatory practice for earning a wage. It never was, and never will be. That is an EMPLOYER choice not a government mandate.

I've only ever had one job that drug tested, and never randomly -- just for insurance purposes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up inhaleeeeeee exhaleeeeee is why I will never leave Cali lol im not a current mj card holder but I have many friends who do who also deal it from the clindos. What they do is sell grams eigths quads all at the same price they buy it from the clinic and the more they buy the more they get so essentially these clinics r now paying you in weed to slang to your buddies. Thats california love right their my friend

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by jrod

Drug testing isn't mandatory practice for earning a wage. It never was, and never will be. That is an EMPLOYER choice not a government mandate.

I've only ever had one job that drug tested, and never randomly -- just for insurance purposes.

Key words "earning" a wage, not given one. If your receiving a welfare check you should be drug tested end of story.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
dailycaller.com...

Just read this ridiculous article.
So according to this guy, people on food stamps should:
1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."

2. Be forced to shop at "Government Stores" so they feel the humiliation of being "wards of the state".
Oh and the "Government food products" would be easily recognizable, to further humiliation for people on food stamps.

3. Be subject to monthly tobacco and drug screening, and if found with tobacco or drugs in their system, be dropped from the program.

I really hope this is a joke, but I'm guessing it isn't. The sad thing is, a lot of people on this site will probably agree with this reprehensible person.

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/29/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

That's genius. I agree with this whole heartedly. Not only should people on welfare and food stamps NOT be aloud to vote, but they should be drug tested if they're receiving my phuking money for free just to support their habit.

Secondly, drug testing for tobacco is the BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF! Finally some common sense in this world, they'll drug test you for weed - a substance that has been responsible for ZERO deaths in the past 4 billion years, yet tobacco kills hundreds of thousands of people a year and it's advertised like candy to babies, i could say the same about alcohol except it's actually worse.

And last, not only should you be smart enough to have a job and take care of yourself and have somewhat of a highschool education at least to vote, I think voters should have to pass an IQ test of 120 at least before being allowed to vote for the leader of the free world.

How does any of that not make sense?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by Laokin

I agree, fix the problem at the source.But you can't fix it working through the system. So how do we fix it? I think step one starts with changing Congress, so they are held under the same laws us citizens are, and that they are held accountable for their actions. Maybe a proposition system for the national level? But how do you put this into place, Congress sure won't allow it.

Supreme Court Justices.

They are the only ones with the power to rewrite the constitution.

I know, I know -- not very probable.... but convince them and it's done.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Supreme Court Justices.

Well there ya go, the last branch of power. But you have to find a reason to convince them, I mean its not like they have to worry about getting re-elected. The only way I see any changes happening, if there is some kind of massive uprising, and changes are made to prevent a mass rebellion, revolt.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Poor people aren't human these days

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Supreme Court Justices.

Well there ya go, the last branch of power. But you have to find a reason to convince them, I mean its not like they have to worry about getting re-elected. The only way I see any changes happening, if there is some kind of massive uprising, and changes are made to prevent a mass rebellion, revolt.

Now we're on the same page. First star from me to you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Only property owners should be eligible to vote. Period.

To have people who receive entitlement checks from the government is ridiculous.

That's why Obama has gone to the mattresses with his Class War...because he created more welfare recipients who will naturally vote for the party that promises all the 'free' stuff.

....which is NEVER 'free'. It comes at the expense of another taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Supreme Court Justices.

Their will never be a massive uprising, technology in weaponry the government has mastered and will be applied to any uprising.. As far as a revolution like our forefathers who were brittish former imperialists, who were part of a lineage that had once conquored most of the face of the planet from the far east to the far west, They were by far, a much differant pedigree then the 21st century American
Americans lack the spirit, nor guts these day to stand before tyranny and fight it... C'mon... Seriously, this thread is full of dreams man, just damn dreams, anyhow I am about to go soar with the eagles and write, I am getting annoyed pecking the ground here with the chickens...

Revolts, uprisings Not in America, I promise you.

Not as long as American Idol is on tv...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

1. Lose voting privileges so "they couldn’t vote for greater benefits or easier terms (most of them don’t vote, but now they couldn’t)."

I see a conflict of interests here. Hmmmm... how is that any different than the wealthy not being allowed to vote because they may try to pass laws that benefit them?

I'm really growing sick and tired of these class warfare games, but que sera, sera. With voting rigged years in advance anyway, what difference does any of this make, beyond a further attempt to perpetuate the illusion of control through the "voting process", now seemingly more skewed towards catering to the rich.

I mean, what's next? This guy wanting to revoke voter rights to anyone earning less than $40,000 a year?

Here's an idea: If I can't vote on the people who decide this country's policies, then their policies no longer apply to me.

edit on 29-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well, there goes the US military. Good thing all the tax dollars are going to private contractors and corporate military services. [Not.]

More Troops Relying on Food Stamps

Military members and their families are using more food stamps than in previous years – redeeming them last year at nearly twice the civilian rate, according to Defense Commissary Agency figures.

The agency reports that more than $31 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2008 – an increase of about $6.2 million, or more than 25 percent – from the $24.8 million redeemed in 2007. That contrasts with a 13 percent overall increase in food stamp use by Americans for the same period, according to the Department of Agriculture, which administers the food stamp program.

The spike reverses a 5 percent decrease in food stamp redemptions by military families from 2006 to 2007.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yes. I've only had one tax paying job that didn't require a drug test and that was when I was 15. I do think drug tests are for the most part BS, they don't do a thing to make the work place 'safer' or 'more productive' as the advocates claim and they are pretty much another way for insurance companies to dodge liability if a claim were to arise. That with the fact that crackheads can pass a drug test a few days after a binge, but go to Amsterdam and have a random drug test a month later and you are out of a job.

Personally I hate drug tests. 90%+ of the jobs out there require drug test today and their(employer) insurance will drop them or significantly raise their rates if they do not drug test their employers so drug tests are NOT a choice for most employers. You are lucky you have a job that respects your right to privacy.

I do not like the fact that our government will hand out money to people who are unwilling to work. I am okay with providing shelter, clothes, vouchers for food(food stamps) but to hand out cash to someone is irresponsible. Drug testing those who want money for nothing is reasonable.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CorteZZ

I agree to a point. There is a line, and it does exist. When America crosses that line, the people will rebel, plain and simple.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join