It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Prove GMO Foods Alter Organ Function: A Very Real Health Threat To Humans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
11:17 "Monsatan euhm i mean Monsanto" haha ^^
edit on 1-3-2012 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by burntheships

Research proves that there is no such thing as safe GMO food!

Nope. There is not a single mention of GMO food in the study. There is evidence that some plant miRNAs can cross into the circulation, and influence LDL cholesterol uptake by the liver cells and thus increases its plasma concentration. These miRNAs come from non-GMO plants. They are natural.

Yes, the miRNA's from natural plants are natural. And the miRNA from GMO is genetically modified!
Do you understand that now???

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Seems that we need a "BAN The O.M.G NOW!" campaign world-wide.

A friendly advice: buy only original Italian foods (NO OGM).

good point and here it is in black and white.

Italy is not allowed to genetically modify food, and we all know why.

Where is The Vatican! Bingo. Italy!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Of course it is deadly, we have been shouting that for years!!!

So all those people dressed in white overalls running through GM corn fields to destroy it were not so stupid afterall. They we labelled as stupid extremists, yet they were trying to save humanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Combine the GMOs with Fluoride, Aspartame, HFCS, bleached flour, antibiotics in meats and milk, and the end results are.... well, take a look around.

I've been seeing more younger people develop diseases that use to afflict only the elderly. It's become the norm to see someone in their 20s with cancer, diabetes, auto immune diseases, many forms of arthritis, etc.

Yes, this is the terrible truth of it all. Diabetes especially, and immune diseases, and allergies.
I hardly know of anyone these days that does not have one of those three!

I am thinking that this stuff was introduced heavily into the food supply in about 1990, or
a few years sooner. So we have a two generations raised on GMO food.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
I'd have thought the Church would think it Blasphemy to meddle with the creator’s design of living creatures....

Yes, indeed you would think that. I was mystified at thier pro GMO stance,
then I started researching it and found the connection from the Kights of Malta,
and the founder of Monsanto. How they together with Rockefellers bank roll
created The Terminator genes GMO. Then it started to make sense,
with the ties back to the Nazis.

Maybe they are not so concerned about The Creator after all?
And yeah, lets see them sell some of that Vatican gold to feed the poor.

Never going to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing it into my view. I knew it. Everyone still "it's all digested to aminoacids".
But I think you never digest everything anyway. Sometimes food even gets out unchanged.

And is it true that Monsanto now owns Blackwater? They are much bigger than I thought.
It starts to remind me something...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

There is something Strange going down!

Yes, good idea to refresh our knowledge of Codex Alimentarious
Video on it, and it will make your blood boil

www.youtube.com...

Here is a good thread on ATS about Coxex -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Research proves that there is no such thing as safe GMO food!

Nope. There is not a single mention of GMO food in the study. There is evidence that some plant miRNAs can cross into the circulation, and influence LDL cholesterol uptake by the liver cells and thus increases its plasma concentration. These miRNAs come from non-GMO plants. They are natural.

Yes, the miRNA's from natural plants are natural. And the miRNA from GMO is genetically modified!
Do you understand that now???

I have not heard of any miRNA modified GMO. The genes usually added (production of some insecticidal protein, or proteins offering insecticide / pesticide resistance, vitamin producing genes etc.) are NOT miRNA genes. This study is completely unrelated to current or planned GMO food.

Btw, NaturalNews.com is a crank website full of ridiculous pseudoscience. Not much of a credibility there

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SceoticalSam

Hopefully nature can recover from the damage already done by using these crops in the real world.

And that my freind, is the most serious aspect of this whole sickening story!

What if....what if the non GMO seeds will be eventually destroyed?

What if ....what if GMO has contaminated everything. Humans, bees, bats, livestock, fowl,
and vermin and who knows what else. Its in the genes, and they knew it.
edit on 1-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The genes usually added (production of some insecticidal protein, or proteins offering insecticide / pesticide resistance, vitamin producing genes etc.) are NOT miRNA genes. This study is completely unrelated to current or planned GMO food.

Its much deeper than your simplistic "conclusion"

Its about the miRNA that is modified to "knock--down"

You are what you eat

GM crop has been produced by the incorporation of a gene that will express a miRNA molecule to knock-down expression of a host or pest gene (see Auer C, Frederick R. Crop improvement using small RNAs: applications and predictive ecological risk assessments. Trends in Biotechnology. Nov 2009; 27(11): 644-651), then the potential negative effect of ingesting this crop by an animal or human also should now also be considered. miRNA and siRNA molecules in the crop can inadvertently switch off (knock-down) expression of a gene system in the animal or human who has eaten it, resulting in ill health.

miRNA or siRNA molecules are prone to "off-target" effects; that is, they can bind to and knock-down mRNA that they were not designed to target! So the picture of outcomes can get very complex. It will be interesting to see if this study can be replicated by looking at other miRNA molecules in plant foods and their effect on animals who eat them.

Even more interesting would be to see if a GM crop engineered with a novel miRNA results in this molecule being taken up with measurable effects by the animal in a feeding trial. www.gmwatch.org...

MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are recently discovered regulators of gene expression, and early studies have indicated that they have a role in the regulation of haematopoiesis, the immune response and inflammation. They bind the 3’UTR of target mRNAs and mainly prevent translation of the protein product.

Dysregulation of these molecules has been shown to be a hallmark of cancer and now investigators are examining their role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases. miR-146 and miR-155 have been a particular focus for investigators, and these two miRNAs have been shown to be induced by proinflammatory stimuli such as interleukin 1, tumour necrosis factor α (TNFα) and Toll-like receptors (TLRs).

They have also been detected in synovial fibroblasts and rheumatoid synovial tissue. Both have multiple targets, with miR-146 inhibiting TLR signalling and miR-155 regulating Th1 cells and also, interestingly, positively regulating mRNA for TNFα. The potential of miRNAs for improving our understanding of the pathogenesis of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, and for developing potentially new treatments for these diseases, is substantial. ard.bmj.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Hi BurnTheShips.
Hasn't this figure (taking centre stage) been shown to be non other than chief
occultist, British Agent and all round nasty Alastair Crowley?

Very interesting photo, considering the alternative 'history' of Hitler!
(Google Greg Hallett and 'Hitler was a British Agent').

Good catch, and yes I think that has been discussed here on ATS.
Mind blowing ...is some pretty decent stuff on him here, links at the bottom
are interesting too.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuFri
(what do you do with an eggplant?)

Nice link, thanks. About that eggplant,
cut it into chunks, saute in olive oil with salt and pepper.

Grate on Parmesan if you eat dairy. Yummm.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by soficrow

GMO obviously is a major trigger.

I think yes. GMO coupled with Glyphosate pesticides...
Its a dual portion of deadly toxins.

You seem to be saying the problem is restricted to GMO and Glyphosate pesticides. You're not really meaning that, are you?

Can you clarify please?

Thanks, sofi

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I haven't researchde GM foods a whole lot, but I had a thought...

How long have we been eating these foods as a population, world-wide?....

Does modifying these foods cause them to be able to produce much more food than would normally be produced?

Its my understanding that it hit us about 1990
en.wikipedia.org...

And, no GMO are fairly probematic and failure rate is unpredicable.
Its only likely to make Monsanto wealthy, and not for good food production.

KEY POINTS
1.A 30-year long study comparing organic with conventional farming was carried out by the Rodale Institute in the USA
2.Organic farming produces bigger yields, and was superior in years of drought
3.Organic farming proved to be more profitable www.anh-europe.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

No I am not saying that the only problems are glyphosate.

However, glyphosate is toxic to human DNA even when diluted to a mere 0.02 percent of
the dilution amount at which it is currently applied to GM food crops.

Numerous studies have already identified the fact that Roundup causes DNA damage,
not to mention endocrine disruption and cancer. www.24medica.com...

There are always dangers associated with pesticides in general.

not just the glyphosate ingredient in Roundup that is extremely poisonous, as much as it is this chemical's amplified toxicity in the presence of other additives in the formula. Polyoxyethyleneamine, for instance, a surfactant that facilitates glyphosate's absorption into cells, has been found to significantly increase Roundup's synergistic toxicity in humans www.24medica.com...

And to address the GMO aspect...miRNA or siRNA molecules are prone to "off-target" effects,
as they can bind to and knock-down mRNA that they were not designed to target.

Some really good research here

Dr. Putzai chose the foreign gene in a GM potato that he had worked with before and which produces an insecticidal protein that is harmless to mammals.

Three variations of potato were fed to three groups of rats: the plain potato, a potato injected with the insecticide, and a GM potato injected with the gene from the insecticide. The rats given the first two types of potato were fine. The rats given the GM potatoes had almost all their organs and their immune systems adversely affected after only 10 days.

Previously, rats that had been given 700 times the amount of insecticide found in the GM potatoes had not been affected, so Dr. Putzai concluded that GM foods need more safety studies.

Dr. Putzai had a brief moment of being in the spotlight after an interview on the air Aug. 10, 1998, but on Aug. 12, 1998, he was fired from his 35-year position and his team was disbanded
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Lots of great information,
and it looks like thats a solid 80% of the food stuffs sold on
the market. Happy trashing!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

...you had better not go to sleep now, and realize just how large all of this IS.

YOU had better not presume to know my state of awareness or my personal psychology. ...Your assumptions won't hurt me in any way, but they likely will impact your own developmental potential in a negative way.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by soficrow

No I am not saying that the only problems are glyphosate.

Glad to hear it. Please, do continue. And fyi, the mechanisms you describe also apply to the actions of -numerous- other common contaminants in our sadly polluted world.

Great work.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
And fyi, the mechanisms you describe also apply to the actions of -numerous- other common contaminants in our sadly polluted world.

Very much agreed. Highly unpleasant to think about but nonetheless
information we need to know.

And as we are nearly completely immersed (even our clothing ...since I am a cotton lover )
in this new GMO contaminated world, and as you mention, the common contaminants
its a never ending toxic soup.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join