It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ATS users dreamed about powerful quakes almost the same day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Two different ATS users have dreamed not only about a powerful earthquake, but about an earthquake so powerful that it will "tilt the Earths's axis".

Both threads were posted in the "Dreams and Personal Predictions" forum. I think those threads should be here, in the "Predicitons & Prophecies" forum.

The first thread, with the title "Earth spins off axis - HORRIBLE dream...!," was posted by 5senses on 26-2-2012:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The second thread, with the title "Dream of Powerful Earthquake - Earth Axis Tilts by 4 ft. (China or Pacific North West)" was posted by curiouswa on 27-2-2012:

It's interesting, because both threads talk about the Earth's axis, and were posted just one day apart one from another.

If such a powerful quake happens in the next 60 days, let's see what the skeptics will say...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whot would they say?

If you was monkey on chain?

dreams do not shape the futures.

However I'm ready to surf the wave of the Apocalypse... okay well more like paddle board but still I'm ready.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
How odd.
In a place where many people are obsessed with doom scenarios, two people have dreams about it.
But the two dreams don't really sound very similar.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Whot would they say?

However I'm ready to surf the wave of the Apocalypse... okay well more like paddle board but still I'm ready.

No, they just PREDICT the future, and this is a FACT of life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
How odd.
In a place where many people are obsessed with doom scenarios, two people have dreams about it.

Hey Phage, since you are the "Master Debunker", can you please give me the mathematical odds of an Earthquake of magnitude above 8.0 happening in the next 72 hours?

And in the next 10 days, what are the mathematical odds?

And in the next 60 days, what are the mathematical odds?

I want to see you giving the mathematical odds BEFORE it happens...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

There's a 60-day window here? Do you realize how much might go down between now and May? I have a feeling an earthquake (tipping the axis) will be the least of our concerns and a welcomed event.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by Lysergic
Whot would they say?

No, they just PREDICT the future, and this is a FACT of life.

Considering every dream I've ever dreamt has infact come true? FACT?
oh wait they didn't. FACT of this reality.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How odd.

Phage, I've grown to respect your scientific mind through these forums, as many have. Please don't ruin that by being a douchebag with sarcastic comments. I enjoy taking you seriously.

As for the OP ... coincidences (or not) like these happen very often. There is much we don't know about our reality, so anything is up for speculation. Thanks for pointing out the similarity!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I wasn't being sarcastic.
I was pointing out that dreams are influenced by one's experience. In a place where discussion of such things is rife, it is not at all strange that people would have dreams about them. As you point out, a coincidence is a very likely occurrence.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had a dream of an earthquake on 2/28

it wasn't a very detailed dream.
Don't be scared, you'll be alright.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I was pointing out that dreams are influenced by one's experience. In a place where discussion of such things is rife, it is not at all strange that people would have dreams about them. As you point out, a coincidence is a very likely occurrence.

I was referring to the "How odd" line.

As for your explanation ... it is theorized that our dreams are influenced by experience. I'm not saying I disagree with you, or that theory, I'm saying that it's just as possible we receive this information from beyond our own sub-conscious. Anything is possible, and all theories should be taken into account (no matter how insane we may perceive some of them to be).

Walking on the moon was once thought to be a mad mans dream ... but we've done it (allegedly)! I find a lot of scientific minds suffer from tunnel vision ... and they ignore evidence that does not suit their preconceived theory (or what their education has taught them), which is so detrimental to scientific exploration.

Not saying this applies to you, of course. I just decided to go off on a tangent.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

There is, on average, one earthquake of 8.0 or greater annually.

The odds:
In the next 72 hours, a bit less than 1:100
In the next 10 days, about 1:36. That's about the same as your chances of rolling snakeyes.
In the next 60 days, about 1:6. The same chance as rolling an ace using one die.
edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mine was the axis dream. Nothing about an earthquake in it and I didn't infer it was a prediction. It had just unerved me terribly as it felt so real but turns out it was likely just a reflection of my own inner turmoil at the time.
All is well now.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
a welcomed event.

It's really sad that you would say such an ignorant thing IMHO, considering all of the people that would die from such an event.

For shame.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The fact that they are a day apart kind of takes the coincidence out of it no? I mean what stopped the second poster from just copying the idea of the thread that already existed. If I start a thread stating that I have also had a dream of a devastating earthquake would you include mine in your theory? No I know you would not because that would not make any sense. Neither does this as sincronicity goes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Oh my you are so correct. Not too long after I joined here I had a dream that I went outside my house and there was a hugh UFO perched right over my street. Just hanging out right there for every one to see. A few months later I had a second dream where I was sitting on my bed looking out the window and I saw another UFO. Playing off the first dream in this dream I actually ask myself, Is this real. LOL. I woke up laughing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, its march already and nothing happened...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I like this one:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

How odd.

Hey Phage, since you are the "Master Debunker", can you please give me the mathematical odds of an Earthquake of magnitude above 8.0 happening in the next 72 hours?

And in the next 10 days, what are the mathematical odds?

And in the next 60 days, what are the mathematical odds?

I want to see you giving the mathematical odds BEFORE it happens...

Well, well, well...

Here we go...

It took less than 60 days... Only 45 days...

edit on 11-4-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was just abruptly awakened and unfortunately; didn't get more than the first split second of the dream.

I do NOT feel this was a psychic, intuitive, predictive or prophetic dream because I simply didn't get enough information to complete the dream.

The dream was probably caused by all the recent attention to quakes and quake phenomena.

But, just in case ... the only bit I got was "the largest quake in (recorded) history" and "9.4" and a finger pushed a 'marker' such as those used by wargamers. It (the finger and marker) was on a map but I didn't get to see where it went. I 'think' I saw roads etc. on the map so it was not epicentered in water.

P.S. I think it was a 6 month window, September 2012, but that could very well be caused by some calendar research I was doing yesterday and nothing more.

Also, since the largest quake in recorded history was 9.5 in Chili - the dream has a statistical error in it.

edit on 17/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

join