It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu wants US to threaten attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I apologize beforehand. I am computer illiterate and don't kow anything about linking and all that so, here we go.

I was watching the news and a report came on about Israel wanting the US to threaten Iran. So I decided to look into it a little bit more. I found this article about it on Yahoo. There is also a story from Haaretz.

Here is the article:

Jerusalem, Feb 29 (IANS/AKI) Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during an upcoming visit to Washington will ask US President Barack Obama to publicly threaten Iran with an attack over its suspected nuclear weapons programme, an official said.

According to the Israeli daily Haaretz, an unnamed senior Israeli government official said Netanyahu wants Obama to go beyond his ambiguous statement that "all options are on the table".

The Israeli prime minister will visit Washington March 5.

Netanyahu wants Obama to state unequivocally that Washington was preparing for a military operation in the event that Iran crosses certain "red lines", the official said.

Israel feels that by making clear that there exists a real US threat, there will be increased pressure on Iran, the official said.

Western powers and Israel suspect Iran of seeking to build nuclear weapons, however, Iran strongly denies this, saying its programme is of a civilian nature only.

Earlier this month, two attacks in New Delhi and Georgian capital Tbilisi on Israeli missions were blamed on Iran. There was another bombing incident in Bangkok where an Iranian national was reportedly seen near the Israeli embassy.

--IANS/AKI

IMHO, I doubt that the government would go along with this. The american citizens would be very vocal about this. But I guess we'll have to wait until they meet to see what is what.

Opinions?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What is he too afraid to do it himself?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm not a Obama supporter but he shouldn't do it, no president should.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The IDF needs to take down Hamas and Hezbollah first, because as soon as they go for Iran those 2 terrorist organizations will be killing Israeli citizens in retaliation.

The last thing we need to do is attack first or Russia and China will get green lighted. Force Iran to make the first move, then we can act. If Israel wants a war theyre either going to have to start it first, or take the first hit so we can retaliate. If they attack first as allies we will be dragged into it by default, if they take the first blow, we will strike back.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A visiual representation of stress points in words that have been used.

Btw, this is how i read news across the net, it speeds up the process and makes things far more clear as to what intention or message one person or nation is sending to another.

In short this message reads that Israel is informing Washington of intended attack and the targets are Nuclear Weapons. I believe most if not all can see that.
edit on 29-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Someone needs to take the Israeli government out NOW, fecking murderers.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

there's a freaking "link" button in the posting process page .. it's as plain as day.. smack dab in the middle of the screen....

go back.. and link to where you get this earth shattering news from.

deny ignorance

please.

this ain't GLP for god's sake.

edit ..lol you're computer illiterate but you know what IMHO means... don't use a computer much hmm...
edit on 3/1/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
and syria wants Russia to threaten Israel and USA with allout war.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
and syria wants Russia to threaten Israel and USA with allout war.

The funny thing is, even if Russia threatens full out war on Israel/USA/UK/France/turkey pending an invasion on Syria, that Russia still won't go to war, just another empty threat by man tits (Putin) and his cretinous crones.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have a question for all of you,

when did world war 1 start?

When did world war 2 start...?

Israel has a history of repeating itself... and they are known for Winning.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Things are much hotter than you think.Russia is building thousands of nuclear war survival bunkers for survival of populous.Also they are reactivating old population survival bunkers of the cold war.Plus if my russian friend is right its the first time that biological weapon missile regiment are being reactivated since the end of USSR.

Also Russia has abandoned the no first strike policy of nuclear weapons and other WMD.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

like how they lost in Lebanon in 2006.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Krono

Things are much hotter than you think.Russia is building thousands of nuclear war survival bunkers for survival of populous.Also they are reactivating old population survival bunkers of the cold war.Plus if my russian friend is right its the first time that biological weapon missile regiment are being reactivated since the end of USSR.

Also Russia has abandoned the no first strike policy of nuclear weapons and other WMD.

Ah nuclear weapons, the abomination of a toy the politicians like to play with, the killer on many innocent lives. I'd love to go back in time and kill the scientists who invented nuclear bombs.

There is one simple way how we can avoid world war 3. America fires a cruise missile at the Iranian government offices, Russia fires a cruise missile at Israel's government offices. Then UN replaces both governments who won't murder innocent lives and threaten to nuke people.

But that wont happen, so grab your popcorn folks, cause this will be one heck of a show!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Israel has a history of repeating itself... and they are known for Winning.

Israel does not have a history, it has a recent past.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

good idea ,I love it

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
They have to take out Hezbollah and Hamas first???Realy?

Some people (many, in fact) do not realize this :

-an attack against Hezbollah will trigger a war with Syria and Iran;
-an attack against Syria will trigger a war with Iran and Hezbollah;
-an attack against Iran will trigger a war with Syria and Hezbollah;
-Hamas is NEGLIJABLE quantity.

This is how the war will be (in my opinion) no matter what Obama wii say or not say, and Iran, Syria and Hezbollah MUST be parts of this war :
-UN will enforce a coridor (land and AIR) to "help" the syrian people;
-the coridor will be used by Israeli planes to attack a number of iranian nuclear facilities (between 1 and 4) - if there will be no UN coridor, Israel will use the planes in Saudi Arabia to attack Iran ;
-once the aerial attack is done (with or without succes, doesn't matter really) and world will know, Hezbollah and Syria (Assad will be extremely happy of the israeli attack, giving him the golden opportunity to enter a war that will drop the syrian revolution/rebellion waaay down in the news, and also will make Israel the enemy no.1 of syrians, instead him) will launch missile attacks against Israel, along the inevitable missiles strikes from Iran;
-Israel will also launch a number of Jericho's against hardened iranian targets (the ones not on aerial attack target list) ;
-IDF will be in full alert, will invade southern Lebanon, along bombing Damascus, Beirut and most of missiles sites from Syria and Lebanon.In the same time, US will bomb the radar sites and missiles sites from Iran;

This is prety much what will happened...the unknown will not be Russia and China (they will both yell and condemn the attacks, but its all what they will do) but the potential iranian (or iranian payed) terrorist cells in US, Israel and Europe.

But outside the assymetrical war that might or might not start (covert assasinations, terror attacks, deep infiltrated special ops teams, sabotages, etc), on the conventional front, the things will be prety much in favor of Israel : Hezbollah have many missiles, but guess what, not enough launching platforms, and this time, NOTHING will stop Israel (like it was in 2006) to completely destroy Hezbollah ; Syria will become worst than Lybia and Iraq in terms of civil war ; Iran will have their nuclear programm destroyed completely or almost completely alonf most of the missile launchers, missiles, radars, navy etc.

Its gonna be a bloody mess...and Obama cannot stop it.He can do only one thing : the outcome for US in numbers of lives lost to be as minimum as posible.And i think he is already prepared for this.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Recollector because: *

edit on 1-3-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Israel staying put in the Mideast is like a white family staying in a black neighbourhood. I think they should just relocate to Area 51 or Nevada desert and start anew. There would be no end to their problems if they continue to live there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Foothold in Tbilisi to attack Iran.
I'm engineer and recently I was offered to work in Georgia at site in airport of Tbilisi where some sort of aviation maintenance and training center will be constructed starting in September 2012. Actually, I examined the construction schemes very carefully and I came to a conclusion that infrastructure of the future facility will be completely used for military aircrafts. If you take a look at the map, you'll see that Georgia is perfect location for such installation to use it to attack Iran. So I believe for Washington construction of such center in Tbilisi is too important and speaks well for its intensions to attack Iran in the nearest future. But I see one big problem which is relations of Georgian authorities with Kurd militants and Islamists. They are potential danger, because in case of building of maintenance center there they will get a great scope for sabotage and committing terrorist attacks against passengers. But it seems the ideologists and authors of the project are not concerned with potential dangers their brainchild bearing...

top topics

join