It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if Nuclear Radiation enveloped the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey all. I'm a longtime lurker, never before created a forum account though.

I am writing a short story for a class in University this semester, and I decided to write a Nuclear disaster plotline.

I can't say I am very educated on the topic, so I thought I'd come here to get some details and ideas!

Just a couple questions:

If a series of modern Nuclear bombs were erupted in the Middle East/Asia (either by us, or them), would that radiation pose any significant threat to America?

I'm looking for a reason for society to deconstruct completely, without a direct attack on American soil. (Thus, radiation moving inland)

Besides the obvious looting and rampant crime (Oh noes, the end of the world) would this bring any other issues to our infrastructure? Such as electricity, satellite Telecommunications, radio towers, etc.

Any insight you guys can give me would be great! Thank you all.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
we would die from nuclear radiation. thats what would happen.

those who dont well..you already stated what would occur.

ever play fallout? probably would be something similar MAYBE minus the horrific mutants

im sure there would be technology left over that people who try to use to in some way rebuild society, but it would be crude and violence would be rampant. in the beginning i feel more people who be more about surviving than rebuilding society or anything
edit on 29-2-2012 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do me a favor and google "Chernobyl" and look how the radiation/fallout from that ONE accident back in the 80s traveled 1000s of miles through Europe and how it affected countries thousands of miles away.

Then let your imagination play and imagine, say, 5-10 nuclear bombs *anywhere* in the world and how the radiation would affect other countries, depending on weather, wind direction etc...and you will get your answer.

There is also special nuclear bombs (bunker busters) which penetrate deep into earth and then explode, with the result of spreading TONS of nuclear waste all over...short...a couple or so of those might be enough eg. to totally radiate most of the middle-east, depending where the fallout goes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Go to the ATS forum, Crisis in Japan. Read everything there, you'll get an A+ on your paper. Because it's already happened there in real life.

Welcome to ATS....

Crisis in Japan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We will be happy to help you with your homework, for a fee.............
Welcome in from Lurksville. Make yourself to home.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by Iamschist because: serious throw down with emoticons!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zeebo323

Maybe something like this ...

Maybe not. Sorry for my interjection of humor here, but I could not resist. No, I'm not trying to derail your first thread. Worthy topic of discussion, but my technical knowledge of the subject is limited, too friend. I do know it would effect genetics, though.

On a serious note you may want to google and research "Chernobyl animal mutations".

I think you will find some relevent information concerning widespread radiation on genetic mutations and how it effects life.

Star & Flag zeebo323

Edit to add:
Ooops, I can only give you a flag here, so here: [color=00FFFF]★
edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: [color=00FFFF]★

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zeebo323

Welcome to ATS.

Check out the Japan forum, for the Fukishima disaster.

Also, here's a potential scene too in America
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the profile of the author of the thread, lots of threads about the nuclear issue.
Much more to worry about than just war ......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
no chance, well not from american nukes.
they have squeeky clean nukes.

anyway if war were to kick off and nukes dropped then america will blame it on iran with its outdated technology.

we would all believe it as the media has brain washed us all.
then russia will join in and drop a tasza bomba (the cleanest nuke ever) on the middle east.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I imagine tourism would take a pretty big hit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Introduction Forum is for new member introductions only.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed. Twenty may sound like a lot, but it won’t take any time at all (especially if you start a really good introduction thread ). The minimum post requirement is there to give you a chance to acclimate to how ATS operates… And what constitutes quality content contribution (and maybe what doesn’t ). The bottom line is that your intro thread is about your favorite topic… You!

20 contributing posts are needed to start a topical thread.

Please use ATS SEARCH for any research purposes.

Closed.

edit on February 29th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join