It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

medical ethicists

Aka eugenicists.

Bunch of sickos. I hope they meet the wrong kind of people on the street and they get recognized.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If a newborn is extremely disabled or born with a chronic illness the parents should be able to decide if they want to apply euthanasia or not. It's a quality of life/suffering issue.

Pulling the plug on a brain dead person is technically murder yet you see no one crying over that.

But a baby IS a person, anyone who thinks otherwise is disgusting.
edit on 29-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can Soylent Green be far behind?

Once the boundary is pushed back to performing abortions immediately after birth, how long will it be before it is pushed back even further to... say, 6 months or 1 year? Maybe they won't be considered a human with full rights to life until they are 4 or 5 and develop the ability to form memories about their experiences.

Hopefully mankind will come to their senses and shake off this delusion that a fetus is just a random mass of tissue and bone.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

I support your freedom to kill your offspring!
However, I would rather change myself to understand happiness/joy than to garner it falsely by paying the price with an others' life.

I will say again, differently and with more specificity; I support the freedom to kill one's own offspring, and I could imagine some very rare circumstances (yes, multiple circumstances) in which it would be warranted for just about anyone to consider and possibly go through with an abortion/human sacrifice. If I were alone in the wilderness with my family and we were struggling to survive and one of our children was born with spina bifida, I do think it more merciful for all involved to bring "closure"/"relief" rather than prolong suffering.

Sadly, in most cases, this issue is less about mercy and more about poor prioritization/application of grace.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If a child is so malformed to be brain malfunctioned and require an permanent machinery to live, that is something that would take consultations and I'm sure it already does everywhere.

But if a child is handicapped or malformed, but only needs intervention for some time, and is conscious, I don't agree with anyone having life and death over anyone else.

And babies ARE PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Maybe they won't be considered a human with full rights to life until they are 4 or 5 and develop the ability to form memories about their experiences.

Or they won't be considered humans if they do not like the government and the banksters.

You see kids being arrested or tasered in primary schools for thought crimes... how long before they get euthanized by the state? 5 years? 10 years?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You're certainly on the right track in this line of reasoning. And from your statement, I trust that you would make this sort of decision after much consideration rather than as a go-to-fix to simply prevent a struggle/burden (correct me if I'm wrong).
Starred.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You can't perform and after birth abortion. Its called MURDER. I starred your post.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If a newborn is extremely disabled or born with a chronic illness the parents should be able to decide if they want to apply euthanasia or not.

That breaks my heart. My uncle is mentally retarded (he has Fragile X Syndrome) and he lives a happy life. It is repulsive to me that apparently some people think we should just exterminate these people if we don't want to deal with them. Sounds very Naxi-esque to me. Eugenics at its finest.

Pulling the plug on a brain dead person is technically murder yet you see no one crying over that.

If a person is brain dead and they are only alive through artificial means, then they aren't truly alive. They have ALREADY died, for all intents and purposes. They can't survive independently if their brain is dead. It's not the same thing at all.

link   
reply to post by Dasher

I support the consequences of a just society imposing prison and remedial counseling on anyone that would ever think about killing your offspring. They are people with full protection of the law.

link   
i think the parent has every right to decide.

say they were raped by a parent. why would they want that child? say they were raped in general. why would they want that child?

if its known that the child is going to come out deformed, handicapped, or whatever else i think the parents have every right to decide what they want to do with it. personally, if i had a child that was going to be deformed, disabled, handicapped, or whatever else i wouldnt want it to suffer through life with those issues. an abortion in that aspect, i feel is more humane than forcing that child to deal with whatever issues it may have.

an abortion just to have an abortion when the child is fine is not cool, however. if the child is going to be born completely fine, then the parent should decide whether to keep it or put it up for adoption if they cant take care of it. adoption of course can be hit or miss, but its better than killing off an innocent person (though in some adoption cases, they might as well be sent off to die)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy

I just don't get why people think abortion is wrong. yes i do believe that your killing a living being ,but what if that person became pregnant by someone who raped her? I think everybody should have the right to have an abortion. And be happy

edit on 29-2-2012 by gecrazy because: (no reason given)

Yep, everyone should be allowed to kill their kids in the name of...happiness....

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this world.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

They also argued that parents should be able to have the baby killed if it turned out to be disabled without their knowing before birth, for example citing that “only the 64 per cent of Down’s syndrome cases” in Europe are diagnosed by prenatal testing.

Well in the article they cited down syndrome as a reason for euthanasia and I don't agree with that at all. People with down syndrome are fully aware and alive and can have a quality of life. They are almost stuck in a permanent young child like mindset.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

OK, that goes into some of the reasons for a world wide medical care program and very early choices in pregnancies being made, and of course ADOPTION or FOSTER CARE for later discoveries of pregancies.

But, the problem with your argument is this: Babies are people. You don't own them. they have FULL PROTECTION OF LAW. And they are not owned by you, its not like I MADE IT SO ITS MINE. NO THEY'RE NOT!

And before someone complains at my shouting. There is a tab for bold, so apparently occasionally, when its really upsetting to a person, we can be very emphatic.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are trivializing the matter in order to make any portion of it trivial. There are still many things that cannot be observed until after birth. Certainly, a decision such as this should be taken with the utmost respect and humility (as though walking into the temple of the Creator), but to forbid a person from making their own judgment is to spiritually abort them. Is it a greater crime to abort a person's body or spirit?

(An even better "way" is to always remember that we are walking in the temple.)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I agree with you, down syndrome babies are also PEOPLE by law, and have full right to protection of the law.

Rick Scott - Angels Do

link   

The office of power that you take by your words is far greater than you are able to exercise without becoming a criminal yourself. Many things are best left to Life to resolve. Many things are beyond the scope of any physical chains. Jailing those whom you disagree with simply makes you an evil master (despite whether or not they are actually an evil servant).

link   
I could probably make a good case for killing just about anybody. Why stop with disabled babies when we can really take a chunk out of the older population as well. Might as well throw in anyone that opposes my plan for world domination, or that looks at me wrong, or that seems unfit....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
I could probably make a good case for killing just about anybody. Why stop with disabled babies when we can really take a chunk out of the older population as well. Might as well throw in anyone that opposes my plan for world domination, or that looks at me wrong, or that seems unfit....

Yeah, murderers are people too, they are just doing what makes them happy! /sarcasm

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Removing the appearance of evil through a police-state has little preserving effects on a society. It is only by changing the hearts of our people that we will grow as gracious judges.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join