It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

www.telegraph.co.uk

Experts? Experts at what?

The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

Oh. Experts at killing babies.

Makes total sense now. Of course, someone who feels that killing a baby is ok is the kind of person who will try to justify it by creating a moral equivalence arugment to something we currently accept. This is how that whole "slippery slope" works.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
reply to post by acidsweep

Yes, no need to blame my parents. I was taught at a young age to respect others and there opinions.
Apparently some of us weren't. Have good day sir/ma'am.

Oh, I'm not blaming your parents. I blame you and whatever school you went to, considering you're not coherent enough to understand the arguments presented in lieu of the OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I understand the OP. I also read the ENTIRE thread, so stating my opinion was appropriate. But I'd rather not do this over the internet, so again , good evening sir'ma'am.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I understand the OP. I also read the ENTIRE thread, so stating my opinion was appropriate. But I'd rather not do this over the internet, so again , good evening sir'ma'am.

Again, you do not understand the OP nor the arguments presented because of it. Let me remind you, the article is about killing fetuses vs killing newborn babies. It's not about what a woman can or cannot do to her body. Get it now? Do you see where you fail at comprehension? Again, I don't blame your parents. I blame you and whatever school you went to.

Have a great day!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A good place to start.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A good place to start.

and those posts about what a woman can or cannot do with/to her body are off-topic. The OP is still about the morality of killing a fetus vs a newborn baby.

You should check out www.abovetopsecret.com... . Now THAT'S a great place to start. Comprehension, it's a good thing ya know? I guess not everyone can.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Okay, I had a son who caused me alot of grief and money....so what if I decided he was to much trouble and I did want him....but I'll always want him to be my son good or bad....we have lost our moral code.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ahhhh, the good 'ol classic American Conservatism: Against killing babies, unless they happen to allready be born, not white, and live under a government that is "opposed" to American Imperialism - Then it's allright to fire-bomb the little buggers, you know, to spread Democracy and Freedom and Stuff!

And, just so we're straight here, I'm against ALL of the nonchalant killing our numerous societies participate in, to exercise their political and economic dominance over a population.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow.

That's insanity. I can see how this man is getting death threats.

Birth is birth. Everybody is deserving of a life. I'm against abortion, but I'm pro choice, no late term however, no frivolity.

Journal of Ethics you say? More like Journal Of Eugenics.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy
reply to post by Unity_99

I just don't get why people think abortion is wrong. yes i do believe that your killing a living being ,but what if that person became pregnant by someone who raped her? I think everybody should have the right to have an abortion. And be happy

edit on 29-2-2012 by gecrazy because: (no reason given)

I highlighted your answer for you within your own quote. Do you know what percentage that is of the abortion rate? If that were the only time abortion was performed, people might not be so against it. I think it is less than 1 percent. What about the idiot gal who is on her 2nd or 6th abortion? That excuse in support of abortion is just so lame. Guys and gals need to take responsibility and use a condom. It's a pretty simple solution. There are over one million abortions every year in the US, that's a lot of failed contraceptives and rapes. NOT. Abortion is a woman's choice. But it shouldn't be used as a normal form of birth control. I'd be curious to know how many vegetarians have an abortion. Might be an interesting stat. I remember listening to Dr. Laura years ago and she was talking about a gal who had just had an abortion leaving the abortion clinic, stopped her car to let a mama duck with her babies cross the street in front of her. It's all about priorities and taking personal responsibility.

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, there have been approximately 50 million abortions performed in the United States.

Source: Guttmacher Institute, 2011, August. Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States. [PDF]

edit on 5-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow.

That's insanity. I can see how this man is getting death threats.

Birth is birth. Everybody is deserving of a life. I'm against abortion, but I'm pro choice, no late term however, no frivolity.

Journal of Ethics you say? More like Journal Of Eugenics.

~Tenth

Well, the OP cut off right at the important part:

The journal’s editor, Prof Julian Savulescu, director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, said the article's authors had received death threats since publishing the article. He said those who made abusive and threatening posts about the study were “fanatics opposed to the very values of a liberal society”.

It seems more like a political ploy to me. This whole ordeal, as absurd as it sounds, is absolutely absurd. It is amount making political points, not actually putting forth a reasonable concept.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure since this is an older thread, but that I believe that article was brought up in depth, and it has little to do with the statements given. There are always fanatics that will threaten, and fundamentalists. What matters is the total lack of their oath in the medical field to value and respect human life, and they are psychopaths. Since you can only quote a small amount, their actual mindset and words are relating to life and death of infants that are born, and I believe they still use a word that refers to babies as fetus's, is the most important part of the quote as this thread is about: Scientists who believe we should allow infanticide at the parent's discretion. The topic of the thread was not: Scientists are given death threats for their sociopathic views.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
22 year late-term abortion. Christopher Titus

This makes more sense than pre-birth abortions. Let them grow awhile, see what they're like, what are they good at, and then decide whether to abort or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OMG. 22 weeks is a premature birth, that means that over 80% can survive. That is a baby.

The first trimester when the body suit AI is developing before the massive growth of consciousness.

Now that is just on the abortion issues, there are scientists who see human babies as not quite human yet and that they should be disposed of as a matter of personal discretion of the parents.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm sure someone already said this but... THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Seriously though, that is ludicrous. How can one be an expert on this subject?
No right to life? Are you kidding me?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
OK, I'll play Devil's advocate here - not saying my belief one way or another, just posing a question...

To be fair, there are many handicapped babies born which would have no chance of survival except for the intervention of modern medicine. Parents pray for a healthy child. But, what happens when a newborn is very sick and must spend months in the hospital? The parents are responsible for the bills. Then, the child is released but the severity of his handicap dictates the social, financial, and emotional circumstances of that family for decades to come. The parents normally have no choice in whether this medical care is given - it is automatically done.

People argue for mercy when an elderly person wants to discontinue treatments and be allowed to die with dignity. Should parents be allowed to have the same choice when presented with a severly ill child?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great

I'm sure someone already said this but... THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Seriously though, that is ludicrous. How can one be an expert on this subject?
No right to life? Are you kidding me?

I too thought of ancient Sparta. Although many believed they tossed/killed stunted or sickly babies, this is quite untrue. Even within the mindset of the militaristic Spartans, they had more civility than this. Researchers have gone through 'the pit' to search for infant bones, but none were found, research suggests all bones in 'the pit' ranged from 18-35.

You are right, this whole article is ludacris!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I heard about this a few years ago. Here's an article about it.

www.changingworldviews.com...

What do some hospitals do with babies that are aborted but still alive? Throw them in the ‘dirty room’. What happens if a nurse reports such treatment? They’re fired. What happens when hospitals violate the Born Alive Infants Protection Act and falsify legal documents? My guest, Jill Stanek, a nurse-now journalist, who goes where few women dare to go...bravely exposing the abortion industry's true face, talked with me about this on the show today.

She told of a nurse named 'Abby' who had an experience very similar to her own when she found an aborted baby boy that was still alive in the hospital 'dirty' room, left unattended to die. She reported this incident as well as other similar ones, but sadly, babies are aborted alive more often than is known...even to the mothers.

So, the baby was obviously "born" (if you call being ripped out of your mothers uterus prematurely) but placed in a dirty room instead of a warm nursery. If someone kidnapped or killed a baby in a nursery they would go to prison. But put the baby in the dirty room, ahhh, that makes it all okay. Because no one wants that baby.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I like how some ignorant ppl try and say this is an argument against abortion.

Abortion is already restricted in America post viability this doesn't change any of that.

If you have an issue with this take it up with the ppl who say this instead of trying to change it to some crusade.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

www.telegraph.co.uk

The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

The journal’s editor, Prof Julian Savulescu, director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, said the article's authors had received death threats since publishing the article. He said those who made abusive and threatening posts about the study were “fanatics opposed to the very values of a liberal so
(visit the link for the full news article)

Experts? Academics? Arguing and debating on wether a living being is an actual living being? What kind of hog wash is this ? "moral right to life".???? What kind of Person would downgrade a living homo sapien, to a lifeless being unworthy of the right be alive? Who is the person deciding what is life and what isn't?.

Abortions , murder, killing , terminating...all the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join