It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

More than a few young women who can’t be bothered with contraception and or are irresponsible with it. In my country some school drop outs with no prospects think that having a child is a good way to make a living. Off the government/taxpayer, (single parent pension.) When the reality sets in and they change their mind, you guessed it!!

If we assume this is indeed true, then its a PRO-abortion argument, not anti-abortion one. Do you really want these irresponsible drop outs to actually have more unwanted children? Thank god for abortion in such cases!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but this is where my view of consciousness and a certain neuro-chemical *cough*Dimethyltryptamine*cough* changed my views on abortion. I wrote a topic on it but because I mentioned a chemical that some use as a hallucinogen it got banned, even though it opened a lot of people's minds.

As I stated before I'm pro-life, but the fact that this chemical only gets released upon birth and death and is responsible for near death experiences I was amazed when a friend told me that Hindu's don't believe abortion is wrong until the 45th day, which incidently is the same time that chemical first develops in the fetus.

I still believe abortion is wrong. But I also believe that it was "introduced" into certain "urban" communities as a means of population control for certain "people". Also I believe that if you take a sample of DNA from the fetus before birth and relize that it's flawed maybe with an extra chromosome that in that instance abortion might be okay as it would save the parents and the baby from years and years of a painful experience as I've witnessed first hand.

My aunt and uncle were supremely arrogant and thought they were superior in every way until they had a baby with Downs. It DRASTICALY changed their views on life and the world and they have since removed themselves from our core family group and essentially blamed all of us for all their problems.

So I guess as pro-life as I think I am when I take a hard look I'm a eugenisist too

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

Please don't call me bro. I am not your brother nor male; thank you. I would have thought my moniker made that somewhat clear.

"Cool story, bro" means "I do not believe you" it does not mean I determine your gender to be male.

I understand the question "Who?" very well and since you decided to frame the question with aggressive, accusing verbiage I will respond but not in kind.

Oh you mean the second time after you completely dodged my asking it not aggressively or accusatorily? Right, I hate asking the same thing twice; Especially in print.

My sister had an abortion because she slept with someone she did not know and fell pregnant. It was an inconvenience for her, one she regrets to this day. In fact even though it was a proper medical procedure, it affected greatly her chances to have another child later on. With her last child also had as means to partial income,damaged her beyond repair. Her daughter who is 23 has a young baby, she chose to keep her baby which was for some time also used as a stipend, or financial support mechanism although many of those problems have since resolved due to rehab and a partner who is now solidly employed. So whilst none of these things happened directly to me, I have direct knowledge of them by contact with these people and their friends, many of whom are in similar situations. I trust that is somewhat less anectdotal for your sensibilities. I'd rather you did not respond to this post as I believe I have answered your question adequately but if you feel you must, remember these people are members of my family.

Cheers

edit on 10-3-2012 by MollyStewart because: correction

So that broad brush you painted a whole lot of women with is based completely on one experience with your one sister?
Wow, that is some stretching.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Why could these children not live happily with families who desperately want children and cannot have them? People who can support them and love them and change the pattern of life they would otherwise have been destined to follow if allowed to be born. These children could possibly change the world. Why is abortion ok and adoption not even a consideration?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So that broad brush you painted a whole lot of women with is based completely on one experience with your one sister? Wow, that is some stretching.
reply to post by LErickson

Not at all, with this brush I was painting women I know and women they know. I would hazard a small guess that even some people in this thread alone know one or two women like these.
But I gave examples based on what I know so your question is answered.

Good day

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Why could these children not live happily with families who desperately want children and cannot have them? People who can support them and love them and change the pattern of life they would otherwise have been destined to follow if allowed to be born. These children could possibly change the world. Why is abortion ok and adoption not even a consideration?

Adoption can be considered, but there is enough unwanted children for adoption even now. I doubt majority of these children will end up being adopted in a good family.

We simply do not need more unwanted babies.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Adoption can be considered, but there is enough unwanted children for adoption even now. I doubt majority of these children will end up being adopted in a good family. We simply do not need more unwanted babies.
reply to post by Maslo

I disagree. If adoption was less about money and governmental red tape, perhaps more children would be placed in families who would be more than happy to accept them as their own and all responsibilities that entails. Perhaps working on making adoption more of an option for couples eager to have that family responsibility and better more steam line placement process that is fair would mean more happy families and less unwanted children?
Just a thought.

cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, could you (or someone else) please explain to me why any abortion topic so quickly escalates into a "free-for-all" baby-killing bonanza?

How exactly does one go from "an abortion may be necessary" to "they're all immoral baby-killers now!" because I just cannot see the correlation.

Maybe it's because I know several people who have had to get abortions, and I know that it made them love children even more, instead of want to kill any baby they could find.

~ Scribe

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

This thread isn't about abortion, though that was brought up, and tied into the eugenics argument the scientists were boldly proclaiming. They were relating killing a new born child to abortion. And suggesting that parent have that right even after birth.

I believe in freedom of choice to the end of the first trimester myself, and also know those who have had abortions.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
these so-called 'experts' dare say a born baby is equivalent to an unborn baby? To me, what they are saying, is it has no soul? Well.. these 'experts' can go eat horse dung. Their legitimacy dropped into the negatives as far as I'm concerned. Are these 'experts' even human?? They should NO LONGER be called 'experts' in any field. What a disgrace to humanity.

To me, this is another ploy to get people primed and used to population control. Freaking murderers!

PURE GARBAGE.

P.S. To those who say this will help prevent women who use the system and make a career out of having babies. Well, you know what? Maybe the system needs fixing, not killing babies. Killing a fetus is bad enough, now you're thinking it's ok to kill a baby?? Kiss my A**!
edit on 5-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

Originally posted by LErickson

Abortion has become a convenience after the fact and may have even been promoted by those organ donor doctors who found a steady, cheap and reliable supply of stem cells for research?

Who is having abortions as a matter of convenience?

Many people are. If you're too blind to realize it, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't really understand the debate honestly. A woman is is pregnant should decide the course of action. No one else. Men? Unless its someone in the family we have no business even discussing it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
I don't really understand the debate honestly. A woman is is pregnant should decide the course of action. No one else. Men? Unless its someone in the family we have no business even discussing it.

Women only eh? What about the fathers?? Where does his choice come in to play? Is it fair for him to lose a potential child because a woman decides she can't be bothered. (Honestly, if I ever meet a woman like that, I would rather NEVER even try to have a child with that person.. good thing I don't attract those kinds of women [so far]).

From your post, the woman has all and every choice, the men have zero. Put the pun tang up on the pedestal a little higher will you?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by acidsweep

Men? Unless its someone in the family we have no business even discussing it.

There, I typed it again.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

There, I typed it again.

Let me rephrase what I said.

You're a moron.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Western Academia has now for a long time been in the hands of liberals/communists. Desensitizing the populace for mass abortion was only the first baby-step. They`ll push the envelope more, thats the whole point of "liberalization". This is no surprise at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

There, I typed it again.

You're a moron.

Thank you.

Now, what does it make you to insult a stranger over the internet?
Ah, don't worry, your parents and not you are to blame.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

There, I typed it again.

You're a moron.

Thank you.

Now, what does it make you to insult a stranger over the internet?
Ah, don't worry, your parents and not you are to blame.

My point stands. You're clearly a moron.

Don't worry, I don't blame your parents. It's you that can't comprehend the nature of this argument. Don't get butt-hurt because of it okay?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yes, no need to blame my parents. I was taught at a young age to respect others and there opinions.
Apparently some of us weren't. Have good day sir/ma'am.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join