It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen Y may end up ‘intellectual lightweights’ because of technology: Pew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by LeSigh
^This. I know that many in the younger generation can use technology like nobody's business, however, if you were to ask them how to problem solve issues with the technology or write the programs that makes a lot of things possible, you'll get blank stares. This isn't taught anymore. My generation could do these things.

edit on 3-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

BS. Most boomers are morons(or we wouldn't be in the state we are). A generation of worthless, narcissistic psychopaths.

If you think Gen Y doesn't know how to do stuff check out the "Nexus.com", a moding website for Bethesda games.

Your just trying to make yourself feel better because your probably bald, fat and limp.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? I'm not a boomer, young assumer. I'm part of Generation X. I'm actually fit and look younger than a lot of women ten to fifteen years younger than myself. Nice try, but no dice.

I deal with young members of Gen Y on a daily basis. My reality on that score is vastly different from yours because I see the big issues and they're getting worse every year. These kids are generally not critical thinkers by and large. Also, do notice my usage of many in my first post. By no means did I say all. However, it won't be my problem for much longer (as I'm sick of teaching and am leaving after this year).

Thanks for playing and throwing around ad homs, by the way! You've really made the world a better place today and contributed something worthwhile.

ETA: And, in defense of Baby Boomers (my parents' generation): Many of them are not horrible people. They have skills that have been lost to my own generation (and yours). While we're at it, I especially admire the Greatest Generation (my grandparents' generation). The kids that grew up during the Great Depression and then went on to fight in WWII and live after have a skill set that we should all be envious of.
edit on 4-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

I really don't care if I made the world a better place, and as for you leaving teaching: "awesome". You should read my rhetoric in regards to the educational system and the war on boy's. By all accounts I probably feel that you should be locked in jail for child abuse(as I view discriminating against a child= child abuse).

All I can say is this: Carrot Top, Vanilla Ice and Barack Obama, in terms of Gen X.

Now who is lacking in critical thinking?
------
In all seriousness, most people lack critical thinking and are fairly stupid. Even a good number of the high IQ folk lack meaningful awareness. It is a sad reality of our species, but it is what it is.
edit on 8-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
MAY? Everyone I look at is retarded. It's scary sometimes.

<< 1   >>

join