It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops to be tried in Afghan Courts for Koran Burning - says Afghan gov't

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by getreadyalready

The US Defense Dept routinely forbids US servicemen from attending those English coroners courts which investigate the deaths of servicemen in friendly fire incidents. That's caused outrage amongst the families of English servicemen accidentally killed by US personnel.

But they'll now allow their men to stand trial in Afghanistan ?

Mm. The English treated like crap yet again.

So much for the special relationship.

This here lies the problem. Americans think they are above the law. I say jail them in an Afghan jail, give them some local treatment

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow this is digusting

I am very anti war, and anti the american stance, but this is just F'ed up! You don't betray your boys who have put their lives on the line and folowed orders to protect The White Houses interests.

If Obama does play it this way, I see a military revolt happening.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmmm..i'd say: get out, take everything that is even remotely ours with it. Close all channels, and cut all ties. I am sick and tired of those long-toed fundi's. They don't even want our help, weveere just used by the biggest tribes tofacillitate their grab for power. Karzai represents those bigger tribes, and we have been expertly used by him and his goons, to be discarded now he has what he wanted.

Lessee how the beardies like that. Taliban will grab power again.. Well sorry, but You wanted us out.

Problem is: We should have never tried that whole Afghanistan adventure. There 's a reason it's called "graveyard of empires"
It gets even more cynical since the guy we started this whole misadventure for, has been in Pakistan since 9/11 I bet.
And Brezinsky's map for the future, featuring an oil-pipe line from the black sea, through Afghanistan was crazy to begin with.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I agree with OP to some extent, however, the burning/disposal of the Qu'ran should have been done outside of public spotlight. The entire situation could have been avoided if the soldiers had either just taken away the books or sent them somewhere else to be burned; instead, they acted without thinking and have sparked so much hatred and bloodshed.

Should they be tried they will definitely be killed, which is absolutely wrong as I believe they did not intend to offend millions of people by burning the book. We should intervene and bring them home, perhaps punish them with reduced ranks. This whole situation is retarded.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's Obama's apology that's allowed the situation to degenerate to where we are now....

This is worth the listen...jmoho.... Mark Levin's epic apology to our Troops....because of Obama's apology...

Des
edit on 29-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think you are dead wrong and ill tell you why Destiny one....
Obama is an equal opportunity president.....Hes not down on his troops...........
Actually hed wipe his ass on anybody if he thought hed make political hay off it.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reply to post by Destinyone

I think you are dead wrong and ill tell you why Destiny one....
Obama is an equal opportunity president.....Hes not down on his troops...........
Actually hed wipe his ass on anybody if he thought hed make political hay off it.....

Woo hoo...we agree....

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Our soldiers committed the crimes on THEIR LAND.

None of their soldiers killed anyone on US LAND.

While I agree that it is a bit much to kill someone over the holy book, it is still their land.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join