It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops to be tried in Afghan Courts for Koran Burning - says Afghan gov't

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
US Troops to be tried in Afghan Courts for Koran Burning

As the riots continue to flare out of control in much of Afghanistan over the accidental burning of the Koran, the U.S. government has thus far refused to confirm the statement released by the Government Media & Information Center of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate ..... (skip down to #3)

3. NATO officials promised to meet Afghan nation’s demand of bringing to justice, through an open trial, those responsible for the incident and it was agreed that the perpetrators of the crime be brought to justice as soon as possible.

:shk: No confirmation from the Obama administration ... yet. But considering that he has already thrown the soldiers under the bus for this in his statement ( .. those responsible will be held accountable' - Obama ) .. I have no doubt that it could easily be true.

The Qu'rans were already defiled by the writings of extremist terrorists. Burning the Qu'ran is the proper way to dispose of them. (not a 'garbage pit', but burning .. yes). Those responsible would be Obama for keeping the troops there, and the terrorists for writing in the Qu'ran to begin with.

I predict that US citizens will not be signing up to be in the military much longer. The soldiers can't trust their Commander in Chief to have their backs. They volunteered to serve the USA and were following orders to destroy terrorist correspondence ... and now they could be held for a very long time in some prison in Afghanistan for burning a stupid book.

edit on 2/29/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wait. They can hold U.S. soldiers on trial in Afghanistan for burning some books (of which there are thousands of copies), but we can't persecute any of their people in our country for taking innocent lives?

Are we just humoring them, or are we really throwing our soldiers to the wolves?

Show me the justice.
edit on CWednesdayam131338f38America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree fully they should be tried in Afghanistan, but i believe the people who gave the stupid orders should be made accountable, instead of the foot soldier, as usual.

We say it everyday that if people come to our land they should respect our culture - This is something the people who gave these orders did not respect, so they should be made accountable.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
i believe the people who gave the stupid orders should be made accountable, instead of the foot soldier

THAT is what is irking me. Obama says he's going to 'hold those responsible accountable' (paraphrase) and the Afghan courts say they are going to put people on trial. But know who will get nailed and thrown under the bus ... the soldier who was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. He was told to burn the terrorists correspondence. That's what he did. He didn't hurt anyone. He probably saved lives by interrupting the flow of terrorist communication. But he'll probably end up forgotten in some Afghan jail all because the administration wants a scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We shouldn't be there is the first place. This is snowballing out of control. If they follow through on prosecution of any American Soldiers, they can stuff some zero signs up their a$$...because that is what they'll be getting from me for taxes from now on....zero....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmm.. Well, maybe there is something to people saying Fox couldn't tell a true fact if it kicked them in the butt. Well.......... At least for Megan Kelly. lol. I happened to have Fox on yesterday for background noise and heard her come across and say in a special report kind of voice that NATO confirmed U.S. Troops would ABSOLUTELY NOT be handed to locals for anything, period. End of story. They sourced that to the Pentagon for the world to hear them say.

Now...they may be thrown to the wolves anyway? Oookay. Those who do the throwing may do *VERY VERY* well to glance behind them as they do it..and notice they're in a base FULL of men with guns..who likely disagree with making their fellow soldiers a human sacrifice to the Gods of political correctness.

There are VERY few things I could see creating a real rift within the ranks of the American Military. However, selling out our own people to local forces who are known for the most vile of abuses to those they hold (And they DON'T go prosecuting THEIR people for it..WE DO) may be the straw that breaks the camel's back here. Wow...

Right or Wrong..these are still United States Soldiers. Whoever they end up being for specifics. They are serving the United States Military and this happened on a United States Military Facility. This isn't even a case like Japan sees of a Marine raping a local on JAPANESE soil. Even THAT has logic for why locals get the American to try..if and when it even happens there. This though???

Gooooood luck getting new recruits to a military who may casually throw them to the wolves of whatever nation they're deployed in, if the winds of political necessity demand the pound of flesh.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great insight Wrabbit....but, unfortunately, Obama doesn't have the same feelings regarding our U.S. Military. He'd wipe his arse with them if he thought it would be the correct political move for his agenda.

Des

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Gooooood luck getting new recruits to a military who may casually throw them to the wolves of whatever nation they're deployed in, if the winds of political necessity demand the pound of flesh.

EXACTLY! Why would any American volunteer for this kind of thing? They'd be crazy to do so. If this really goes through, I expect to see a dramatic decrease in volunteers. Hell .. there should be one anyways .. because it has been signaled by Obama that he's ready to throw a few foot soldiers under the bus.

I served five years in the US Army. I wanted to serve my country.
There is no way I would have signed up if this had been going on at that time.
You've gotta be able to trust those in command ... or it all falls apart.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Qu'rans were already defiled by the writings of extremist terrorists. Burning the Qu'ran is the proper way to dispose of them. (not a 'garbage pit', but burning .. yes).

This is the problem here with people who don't know how to give proper orders , and execute them.

Its no secret that quran burning would make people mad . Its not secret it would spark violence between the afghans , and forces . Its almost like they wanted outrage to occur , to further destablize . THe fragile tentions between locals , and forces.

I say this because , if you were in charge . You were told these books had to go , for whatever reason. Would you not drive it out to a base out in the middle of no where , burn them amongest other things , and nobody would be the wiser?

This thought really crossed nobodys mind ? IF they can't even handle sensitive missions , then they should be held accountable for what they did .

Its pure incompetance , nothing less. Unless of course they wanted this outrage for whatever reason.

I don't know what type of men we have running the show in afghanistan who makes the call. But they need to be fired a.s.a.p and let someone else who knows how to handle these situations in power.

But of course , i don't think they are this careless , and thus wanted this to become public .

How many of you can burn qurans without another soul finding out ? Is it really that difficult.?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
When in Rome do as the Romans do!!
If a foreigner breaks the law here I expect they would be punished.
If an American breaks the law over there I guess we should expect the same, these countries are not US territories.
Right?

link   
There is something seriously wrong when the followers of a religion use the destruction of some ink and paper as an excuse to take human life, and for Nato Officials to even consider bowing down to this lunacy is truly frightening. To think of the murders and bombings that have taken place in the name of the burning as justice is so far beyond the realms of sanity that I'm having a hard time understanding it. It's murder, plain and simple and the only ones needing to be brought to justice are these religious extremists.

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Great insight Wrabbit....but, unfortunately, Obama doesn't have the same feelings regarding our U.S. Military. He'd wipe his arse with them if he thought it would be the correct political move for his agenda.

Great insight Wrabbit....but, unfortunately, politicians from either political party don't have the same feelings regarding our U.S. Military. They would wipe their arses with them if they thought it would be the correct political move for their agenda.

I took your quote and did a little copy paste job on it, I think it's a little closer to the truth now.

There's no way in hell our troops are going to be tried in Afghan courts, it's completely unprecedented, anyone suggesting such definitely has an agenda, let's see here, who wrote this.

US Troops to be Tried in Afghan Courts for Koran Burning BY JOHN GALT

Source:johngaltfla.com...

I thought John Galt was on strike?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If that happens, the other soldiers should refuse to follow any more orders. They should rescue their compadres and they should unite and come home. If the US Govt won't stand behind these soldiers, then the soldiers should call it quits and stand up for themselves, and the US population will stand behind them! I will stand behind them, or in front of them as the case may be.

This isn't like Abu Ghraib, or the pissing on bodies, this was a lawful activity, with a logical purpose. This is not a crime, and the US does not have religious laws. Our soldiers are not accountable for irrational religious laws in other areas. They should try to be sensitive where the circumstances allow, but in this case, they had to burn the books, they did the right thing, and there BETTER NOT BE REPERCUSSIONS!
edit on 29-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What good is a government that while promoting wars on other nations can not protect its volunteer forces from harm from the same countries that had wagged war on.

We in America have freedoms, or for now we think we have them, burning books is one of them this is a cultural clash, our soldiers only crime while burning the many Koran books out there is of expressing the free will they were born with as American citizens.

The hell with Afghanistan, the hell with any outrage Muslim out there that dare to come to America for "freedoms" and while expressing their own found freedom condemn the country where that freedom was given

The American government is a shame, a shell of what once used to represent a great country, bring our darn soldiers back, Obama, the ones that your predecessor send to fight his corporate wars and now you are so willing to follow sue

We as a nation will be collapsing from within.

Afghanistan should kiss Americas butt any time in my books, after all the only financial help they are getting so they can keep enjoying their extremist Islam comes from Americans tax payer dollars.

I am so mad I can scream.

edit on 29-2-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The US Defense Dept routinely forbids US servicemen from attending those English coroners courts which investigate the deaths of servicemen in friendly fire incidents. That's caused outrage amongst the families of English servicemen accidentally killed by US personnel.

But they'll now allow their men to stand trial in Afghanistan ?

Mm. The English treated like crap yet again.

So much for the special relationship.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just wish one could answer this simple question for me.

If burning is the proper way to dispose of a Quran, then why would the locals be so upset?

See folks this is the issue. We WILL NEVER want to leave Afghanistan now that we have found so much lithium under it.

So what we are seeing is the rapid degradation of Afghanistan [again] in the eyes of the majority so that a proper Amurican a$$ whoopin [yeehaw] would seem reasonable.

Think about it "OH NO THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE SOME OF OUR BELOVED SOLDIERS HOSTAGE"

[george carlin voice] boooombbb themmmm.....

its a sick world we live in, but how is it to stop? The machine isn't fueled by human nature its fueled by evil.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thank you, thank you, Thank you, you see exactly the same way I see the whole stupid situation with crappy Afghanistan and our soldiers.

Bring our soldiers back and screw Afghanistan.

The only reason we Americans are forced to kiss the middle east arse after wagging war is to protect big dirty corrupted big interest.

Let gather the profiteers of wars and send to Afghanistan as a gift to the now extremist Islam government that our tax payer dollars has help built.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Yep. England doesn't have Oil and Mineral deposits like Afghanistan, and they don't have Poppy fields either!

We are kissing the Taliban's arses to protect our financial interests, nothing more. We will screw England, screw the UN, screw our own soldiers, and screw our own citizens just for a chance for our government to get their corporate buddies access to rich resource reserves.

It's time for this government to go. Not talking about Obama, talking about the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Let gather the profiteers of wars and send to Afghanistan as a gift to the now extremist Islam government that our tax payer dollars has help built.

Now there is a win-win-win scenario! Make that your campaign platform and I'll vote for you!

Appease the Muslims by offering them a fat sacrifice, and save our troops and our economies! Even OBL would approve of that agreement!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Seems like everywhere i look or read i see a european conspiracy unlike anything i have seen before, oh wait, yes i have, its in the history books of 1925, and 1910. I do believe history is repeating itself and yes, like those idiots in the UK i believe the leaders from EU have all taken a weird color pill or smoked something they shouldn't have. Far far to much pain and suffering going on across the northern hemisphere for a handful of people and corporations. It has simply gotten to a point of irrational reality becoming rational reality.

But a wildfire is all that is needed to burn to the ground everything and allow a new process of evolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join