It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea agrees to nuclear moratorium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

North Korea agrees to nuclear moratorium

www.bbc.co.uk

"North Korea has agreed to suspend uranium enrichment, as well as nuclear and long-range missile tests, following talks with the US.

The US State Department said Pyongyang had also agreed to allow UN inspectors to monitor its reactor in Yongbyon to verify compliance with the measures.

In return, the US is finalising 240,000 tonnes of food aid for the North."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Finally! North Korea is seeing reason...or is this just another lie-get food-repeat? Maybe even one day North Korea will eventually reunite? This is finally some good news in the face of all this "WW3" talk.

Now if only Iran would take the same direction and actually let UN Inspectors into their facilities... unlikely, but hopefully...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
little kim would not be happy with his son right now....

i bet this is how he looks from the other world

ETA: oh and S+F good find.
edit on 29-2-2012 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Okay, Obama is played just as easily as Bush, Clinton and Bush again. This IS humorous because I don't really take North Korea as all that serious a threat. They're just in too dangerous a position for who is around them to end their existence on Earth if they go to making war on anyone else.

I gotta hand it to them though..for a scam they run regularly and across a few U.S. Administrations, they play the game well. Every time they get hungry over there, they stop..or say they stop...all their nuke work and missile development. Then we ship food..fuel and whatever else was agreed to. When it runs out? Oh wow.. what a shock! North Korea is back at it...until yet another agreement is made and more aid is shipped.

Bravo to the DPRK for a game well played and the guts to keep running it. Someday, even a politician will figure out this is the same, tired old routine played out for the 20th time..and the fact it's a new President has nothing to do with it. They just need more stuff and playing games with their nuke program is how they've learned to have it handed to them..free.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder how much of that food will end up going to feed their army. I'm having a bit of trouble picturing them loading it on trucks and taking it to the starving people in the countryside.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

edit on 2/29/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join