It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Atlantic Hurricane Watch 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's coming right at me, I'll try to get some video. Supposedy late tonight or in the morning it should be rippin around here.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Kat, stay safe down there!
btw, are you still hearing the sky sounds anymore?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by will615

Hey Kat, stay safe down there!
btw, are you still hearing the sky sounds anymore?

Ditto.
Looks like some drought relief is on the way. Big time.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
Ditto.
Looks like some drought relief is on the way. Big time.

That is what I was thinking. I am still hoping that this storm will hit closer to the Louisiana/Texas boarder with traveling more North... that would then take the rainfall right up into the Midwest and then the Ohio Valley. Both areas desperately need the rain.

Thus far, Isaac appears to be struggling to form an eye which you can see here in this radar image.

Radar of Isaac

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'm keeping an eye (no pun) on this loop as well.
I'm no expert, but it looks it's, well… stalled or blowing out??
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

The down side of the drought relief is major flooding.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Actually, from what i heard, its north end has an open eye and that means its more dangerous. Not sure why though...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

Yeah, I am probably going to be up most of the night. We have just started to get some wind gusts, but nothing major yet. I have not heard those sounds for quite a while now....still don't know what it was.
I'm in Baton Rouge now, but I have family in New Orleans and they are getting some strong gusts now. If it gets bad here I am going to try to get some video to post. It will probably be tomorrow before it really gets going though.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here's a video from Miami beach when Isaac passed through there.....pretty cool.
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My thoughts are with you StealthyKat and for everyone else that is in the path of this storm. I just want to put out that if you can get your hands on outdoor solar lights (you'll need a dozen or so) and camp shower bags they will make your time without electric much easier. Last year after Irene I was without power for 2 weeks. I gravity fed from a hose line my water (thank the heavens i also have a dug well up behind the house) so I was okay with water and I put the solar lights out during the day and brought them in at night - worked like a charm.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Stay safe lady!

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
It's coming right at me, I'll try to get some video. Supposedy late tonight or in the morning it should be rippin around here.

Stay safe Kat!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Latest map of Isaac...

And check out this wind map,it's pretty cool.

hint.fm...
edit on 28-8-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thanks everybody....I'll be fine. I have been through quite a few of these things. I have a generator at the ready, all my water etc....I'll try to get some video later.....nothing much right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hi all....I thought I would record the sunset as Isaac approaches, as they are always beautiful, and I got a bonus....a rainbow just above it. The sunset in person was fiery red....too bad it didn't show up as vivid on the video, but here it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
We have started to get some strong squalls now, so here's a sample of what it sounds like when you don't have power and you just hear the sounds....this camera is lousy and it's so dark I couldn't get a picture, so I at least got the sound. I started freaking at the end because a tree in the front yard looked like it was going to fall
The 60 ft pine trees were blowing to the side like grass in the wind....This is NOTHING though...only tropical storm strength gusts right now....in the morning it should be full force and I'll have video you can SEE by then....IF we have power I'll post it. There are over 2000 in this area who have lost power already. Crank it up....the sound you hear is NOT rain....it is leaves blowing out of the trees by the thousands rushing past me.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's where I am....as soon as the sun comes up I'll get some video

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Watching Isaac this morning and it seems as if he didn't move at all since last night. I hope those under his relentless feeder bands are staying safe. So far New Orleans seems to be doing well, but I am hearing of certain parishes being flooded to levee breaches. Hope that is not the case, but time will tell and the true extent of damage won't be known till Isaac moves on. Good luck to all in Isaac's path.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

It has not moved. Early this morning, the storm stalled out and stopped moving. It is still over the area it made land fall. Local reports say over night it will be moving through Baton Rouge. To give you an idea of how far this storm has moved, baton Rouge is 80 miles North of New Orleans. So this storm by later tonight would have moved 80 miles over the last 24 hours... and the storm was roughly 300 miles wide when it made land fall.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm just glad that Captain, I mean Hurricane Kirk, and also TD 12 are steering away from land right now. (& no apologies for the Trekkie humor, I am what I am lol!)

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Bermuda needs to batten down the hatches a bit. Hurricane Leslie is the problem.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join